Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    its hard to git most bc hut owners to let you go unguided and uncatered prime weeks season any more
    a chefs nice we went years without one and we never had much problems
    we quit arguing about weight spare skis etc
    just show up at the lz now with extra bennys
    us ones work great
    and fly an extra load in
    like bro says if youre gonna bring fng
    ours was bill
    and bill didn't even manage to make it to the lz with ski boots
    and nobody wanted billbo baggins draggin down their day
    and the guy who invited him is a go git er
    and bill didn't really git what was goin on much
    and $95 camp rando comando gloves suck at sub zero climbing out another basin in the dark

id rather pay extra for a smaller group
    being a ski tech I always bring extra gear for everybody
    some huts have beacon parks
    we always manage to put one in
    its paid off
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

A few items I saw for the first time in a BC hut that you may consider bringing:
    . deep cycle marine battery to charge electronics (real pain to get up the booter to the hut)
    . cordless drill + impact driver (used to remount 2 pairs of skis at the hut)
    . boot punching equipment (ball press & IR thermometer)
    . 20 sets of fairy wings
    . disco ball & strobe light
    We flew out more trash than the entire amount of gear/food/bags the group coming in after us came in with. I'd say if you think there's a very small chance you'll use it might as well bring it.

More seriously, for FM specifically I'd recommend downgrading on the suggested sleeping bag rating. Temps never got above 0 F the whole week but we were sweating balls in the hut. Maybe it was the group size (20), maybe we were aggressive with the fire, but I laid on my 40 degree bag and used my 50 degree bag (yes, + 50) as a blanket and was too hot. Bring a sheet /fitted sheet, a light sleeping bag, and a good pillow. Also, a bunch of coat hangers will greatly enhance the gear drying situation.

I bring a pillow case then wrap theirs in a garbage bag and put mine over it so as not to suck up microbes and viri from previous occupant. I like to take 1/2 to 1 advil pm at bedtime to ensure I get 4-5 hrs of REM sleep.