BD Helio 105 alternatives?

I'm pretty happy with the ski (1st version) - does everything well...the only thing I miss a bit, is the ability to push it on hard snow / inbound. Love that it is easy to maneuver. Don't want to go lighter - no problem if the ski is a few grams heavier.

I'm thinking of just buying the new version (which should be about the same?). But then I did some research (not too much) and found

-Armada Tracer 108
    -Backland 107
    -Navis Freebird (102)

Has anybody skied one of those skies and also the Helio 105?

I'm tall (6'5) but not too heavy (175...)

THANKS!!

I’m guessing others will say it too, but moment wildcat tour 108
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

I'm on the Navis freebird currently. Went with it over Helio cause I got a deal. Flex is about the same, ride is a little damper, but the flat-er tails don't love to be broken loose. Nice edge hold though.

Thanks. Totally forgot about the Wildcat. But then: Moment skis are hard to get in Europe while BD, BC, Armada, Atomic are easy to find. Plus: I can get a deal on Armada /Atomic...

@Huskydoc
    How is the Navis at slow speed turning?

Icelantic Nomad Tour?

Quote Originally Posted by tomh79 View Post
    Thanks. Totally forgot about the Wildcat. But then: Moment skis are hard to get in Europe while BD, BC, Armada, Atomic are easy to find. Plus: I can get a deal on Armada /Atomic...

@Huskydoc
    How is the Navis at slow speed turning?
    How slow is slow?
    Jump turns: Great. swing weight, edge, etc
    Bumps: Can rail a bump line as good as you'd expect a 106 waist ski to do.
    Billygoating tight trees: Can be done, but if I'm honest I'd rather do it on my 189 Goats if that says anything. They just don't like to pivot as much.

My buddy's on the equivalent atomic (backland I think?) He seems to like them.

Zero G 105?
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

ZG108 or Corvus FB too. Have quite a few friends on the Navis FB and it seems to do it all well. Just ripped some bumped up resort laps with them and they kept up fine with the Navis+Plums.

Have you looked at the Helio 105 Recon? It sounds like a damper version of the weight-conscious regular Helio

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

ZeroG 105 or Line Vision 108 - both have more push through than a Helio. Line Vision is more playful ZeroG 105 more traditional.

Thanks! Have not looked at the Recon version-didn‘t even know it existed does anybody ride the backland 107 and can compare it to the Helio?

One of my coworkers has the tracer 108, and both are delaminating very badly underfoot. Straight banana peel.

K2 Wayback 106?
    I have the 96, they’re very light

Voile Super Charger or Hyper Charger? Depending on how close to the weight of the Helio you want to stay...
    Sawatch is French for scratchy.