What the hell is going on at Red Rocks?

tldr: Does anyone have any extra tickets for Avett brothers or rainbow kitten surprise this summer?

We live in a small town with limited access to live music. My 15yo daughter has been wanting to see a real concert, and she wants to spend some cash she got from grandparents for Christmas on a show at Red Rocks this summer.

She really likes both the Avett Brothers and Rainbow Kitten Surprise (Raisin’ them right!).

Tickets are sold out, but the very ticket seller that sold the original tickets allows you to buy tickets from scaplers on their website! That seems fkn nuts to me.

$130 for Avett Brothers and $90 for RKS. Per ticket. So over $500 for our family of four to go see Avett brothers? What the fucking fuck??

I haven’t seen a show at Red Rocks in a long time, but I’ve seen phish, panic, string cheese, reggae on the rocks, etc etc and I’m certain i never spent more than $30ish.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Artists don't make make as much on their music, so tickets have gone up over 50% this decade.
    And ticket brokers/scalpers.
    It sucks.

Yup, artists have to go on the road to make money.

David Crosby is a great follow on Twitter, he gets asked about streaming compensation a lot and spells out the reality of today’s world for them.

Buy records, CD’s and tickets from the artists you like. Don’t rely on Spotify, it fucks them over

When Tom Petty, RIP brotha, went on sale for RR, I didn't even get a sniff of tickets even though in the waiting room during pre-sale. Right afterwards, I had the opportunity to buy tickets for $1800 each. Makes me not want to go to shows.
    Besides(& thankfully), got to see him in Seattle for about $60, albeit much worse seating.

Red rocks is rarely under $50, before fees, and is usually closer to 75 or more. And it's been this way for a long time.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Also it's really not a very big venue and there are like eleventy billion people in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Also it's really not a very big venue and there are like eleventy billion people in Denver.
    Its also the kind of venue people travel to get to.

drove from the RFV and Salt lake a number of times to see shows there.

OP I saw a lot of the shows you mention and think $30 may be rose coloured glasses.

$30 doesn't even get you a ticket at a small venue on Colfax anymore.

At least they don't charge for parking. Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Its also the kind of venue people travel to get to.

drove from the RFV and Salt lake a number of times to see shows there.

OP I saw a lot of the shows you mention and think $30 may be rose coloured glasses.
    Yeah, those sound like the prices back when we were all much younger. And like he said people travel for it. I had a HS friend and his wife fly all the way from NC this last summer just to see My Morning Jacket at Red Rocks. But it sounds like you are indeed raising your daughter right and she has developed good taste in music so I hope you find something that works.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Yup, artists have to go on the road to make money.

David Crosby is a great follow on Twitter, he gets asked about streaming compensation a lot and spells out the reality of today’s world for them.

Buy records, CD’s and tickets from the artists you like. Don’t rely on Spotify, it fucks them over
    Yeah, well, Ok Boomer. He has a lot of nostalgia for the days when the mob run record studios paid for his coke and pussy habit.