Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Everything goes in the same place, every time. Important things don't share pockets for that exact reason. Keys, wallet, phone, and beacon all go in separate pockets with nothing else in them. Depending on the nature of the outing, I'll leave my wallet in the car.

This is also why I like gear with lots of pockets. I've tried some of the more minimalist pants, jackets, etc. and I find lack of places to separate things to be frustrating (although they tend to breathe a lot better).

TGR is getting soft. No rage over a Beacon in a pocket and not strapped on? Nothing personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Creeker View Post
    TGR is getting soft. No rage over a Beacon in a pocket and not strapped on? Nothing personal.
    What's wrong with a beacon in a pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    What's wrong with a beacon in a pocket?
    some believe a slide that would rip your pants off is survivable. Im not one.of them.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    some believe a slide that would rip your pants off is survivable. Im not one.of them.
    Same. And beacon harnesses are annoying. Haven't worn one in years.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    My favorite thing to lose is my credit card at restaurants--forget to take it out of the folder. Now that more and more restaurants' waiters carry CC swipers it's less of a problem.
    I got a new all black credit card, and left it on the black billfold the first time I used it. I was a the airport leaving for a 2 months in Europe. What a pain in the ass that was.

My system for packing my things in my pockets for a day on the hill seems to be much more successful than my system for a night on the town. Tho sometimes those blend together.

Resort skiing with a potential stop at the bar (every time we ski at a resort)-keys and wallet in right hip zipped. Why would you take you wallet and keys out skiing or on a chair? Phone in left hip zipped. One hitter in chest pocket. Goggle wiper, spare glove liners, and spare lighter in right coat pocket.

Not skiing-wallet and keys in right hip pocket. Cell phone in left hip pocket.

Touring-car keys hidden on car (my buddies know where I hide my keys so at a resort they sometimes move my car, less likely at a trailhead), phone and wallet in console, beacon in bib chest pocket. Snacks in pants pockets. One hitter in jacket or left in car depending on the tour.

I find it easier to be consistent and to remember to zip shit than it is to over think how to put stuff in my pockets. Ski pants are just pants with zipper pockets. Zip your pockets.

Spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch!