4 36.36%
  • Monday March 16 Guided Day with Dan Loutrel

6 54.55%
  • No guiding

3 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.

EuroBBI2020 Guiding Options (Take 2)

EuroBBI2020: Guiding Options
    Part of skiing Yurp is the ability to ski something big with exposure and risk.

There's lots of option for doing this without a guide around Andermatt/Disentis SkiArena , but I've found going with a guide can really be worth it. Last year, we had some confusion about who wanted to do what which resulted in some people not being able to do the planned tour. I'd like to avoid this.

During the EuroBBI2020 interval of March 11-18, there's a couple of good options:

0) Ski with andermatt-guides on their Friday Shred Crew Andermatt! on March 13th. This will be geared more for people tentative about skiing something risky or involving bigger climbs.
    See http://www.andermatt-guides.ch/EN/off.html. It's $190 per person and there's a link to the reservations there. You can reference Buster there if you like, they know me.

1) On Monday March 16, I've reserved a spot with Dan Loutrel, owner of Andermatt-Guides. This will be a tour involving some climbing and exposure that may not be to everyone's liking. I want to get a count of people who want to go. If we have more than 6, we will need 2 guides and possibly 2 different objectives.

Option 0 may not require skins.
    Option 1 will require skins and possibly a harness.

This is a public poll.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Hey thanks for putting this together. I voted for Friday but was based on what I had previously read on Dans site saying crampons and ax needed for Friday and not your description. Based on your description not as interested in Friday. Will try to give a call this weekend

Lee

I think I will not make it to Venduls on before Friday night as I am working Fridays / Tuesdays - so voted for monday. Climbing, harnesses and such seem to be my thing anyways.

The Friday "Shred Crew" objective will depend on the registrants, over which I don't have any control, so they may not require the crampons and ice axe.
    We will have more input and control over the Monday tour.

I'll update Dan as to numbers as this progresses. If more than 6 sign up for Monday, we will likely have 2 groups.

I will get in to Rueras Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I will get in to Rueras Friday night.
    Its looking like I'll be arriving the same time. So, I picked option "0" (option zero??) because thats what I'd choose if I was there. That may not actually be the case though

OK, seems like a quorum is building for a less burly tour, which is fine (see Mr. Mike's post in the main thread).
    Make a case for that so we can make the request.

Again, last year, we weren't organized and I bunch of people didn't get to go.

So this year, make a case and make a plan. Please don't show up in Rueras expecting to go on a tour without making a plan ahead of time.

Hi Buster - I think I will not make it to Sedrun for the guiding as I want to go skitouring with my dad and his work shedule shifted an now his timeframe is only March 13-16

So I will be joining you guys most probably the 17th in the evening and be on the slopes with you 17/18th.

I did not manage to eliminate my vote from the poll and hope it does not cause you too much trouble!

I have to switch to a no-go for guided skiing Monday... I will be cutting it too close with my late-Sunday arrival, and it will be my first time on skis since Sept.

I don't feel good about my first turns of the season happening on a burly line, post-rappel. I know. I'm a wuss. Sorry for that.
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business

So, I have additional friends joining us in March 14- 21. They will be a lot of fun, but we are definitely not in the the burly line, post rappel group. We will be a train wreck regardless of where we ski, just a little warning.

It's 650 chf for a group, so as long as there's 4 of us, it will be < $200 each.

Neither leo nor FatKidFromFL can make it and Nordekette is up for this, so we're at 4 for Monday the 16th.
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 02-24-2020 at 05:50 AM.

Already voted no and can't change but...

I'm in for the 16th along with one other non-board member assuming we can snag spots 5 and 6 to fill out the group

Thanks CDS. I've appraised Andermatt-Guides that we're back up to 6.
    bring skins and an avie kit