Another Kruger Park Trip

Spent 3 weeks in the Kruger camping and looking for big cats. This was by far my best trip as it was very hot and dry and the lions and leopards were just planted at any available water. Was actually lucky enough to video 3 lion hunts with a visible kill on one.

KRUGER 2019-2967 by john morris, on Flickr

KRUGER 2019 2-4975 by john morris, on Flickr

KRUGER 2019 6-5079 by john morris, on Flickr

KRUGER 2019-4138 by john morris, on Flickr

KRUGER 2019-2679 by john morris, on Flickr

KRUGER 2019-3976 by john morris, on Flickr

KRUGER 2019-2147 by john morris, on Flickr

KRUGER 2019-4658 by john morris, on Flickr

KRUGER 2019-1955 by john morris, on Flickr

KRUGER 2019 -5556 by john morris, on Flickr

KRUGER 2019 6-5476 by john morris, on Flickr

KRUGER 2019-9250 by john morris, on Flickr

KRUGER 2019-3537 by john morris, on Flickr

Outstanding as always.
    " have another hit of sweet california sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by mtcham View Post

fucking awesome

John.. I could tell as you posted this was one of your most outstanding trips... stellar work
    'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mock1 View Post
    Outstanding as always.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BaNosser View Post
    John.. I could tell as you posted this was one of your most outstanding trips... stellar work
    Thanks-it was incredible! The elephants were nice this trip and my tent held up better in just one night of torrential rain. After the rain the scorpions were everywhere on the ground and the bugs made cooking and trying to eat dinner interesting. Good stuff! Working on a Serengeti self drive trip-interested?

Thanks

Thanks-it was incredible! The elephants were nice this trip and my tent held up better in just one night of torrential rain. After the rain the scorpions were everywhere on the ground and the bugs made cooking and trying to eat dinner interesting. Good stuff! Working on a Serengeti self drive trip-interested?
    Oh yeah... but my life situ right now has higher priorities.. when I read that post I was like... oh.. damn! I'll be there in spirit
    'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

Spent 3 weeks in the Kruger camping and looking for big cats. This was by far my best trip as it was very hot and dry and the lions and leopards were just planted at any available water. Was actually lucky enough to video 3 lion hunts with a visible kill on one.

KRUGER 2019 -5556 by john morris, on Flickr
    We were in Kruger in 2012 and I was still rocking the D50 and with a basic 70-300G as my long lens. On the final day we had to jet back to Joburg in our rental car, but came upon a Leopard in a tree as we were leaving the park. We stopped for a while, as we hadn't seen one yet. My kit couldn't do the shot justice, but this shot reminds me of what we saw (and what I tried to capture) - big cat lounging in a tree, unconcerned with the dozens of gawkers 100y away. The detour cost us precious time and cranking 140km/hr in a Hyundai Atos with four people was a joy ride to say the least. Great shots!

Wow, where do you stay?

Quote Originally Posted by supermodel159 View Post
    Wow, where do you stay?
    When I go with family I stay in the Rondovals and when alone I haul my camping gear in a golf bag. Within the Kruger there are 12 main camps and 5 bushveld camps. These are very basic no frills camps and reasonably priced. The bush varies greatly within the Park and certain areas yield better sightings of different wildlife. To the west of Kruger are the more exclusive private reserves with smaller traversing concessions.

I live next to Yellowstone and the Kruger just crushes it from a wildlife point of view. Since my first trip, Africa has become my mistress and she is all I think about. My trips get longer and longer.

A lot of good info on the Sanparks.org website. If anyone intends to go someday I can give you lots of info to make the trip planning painless and safe.

20191101_075057 by john morris, on Flickr

20191117_150516 by john morris, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    fucking awesome
    That guy has been through some wars and the battle scars prove it. Incredible pics. I love big cats and the leopard pics are fantastic. Some look like you were very close.