Removing elastic band from boot liner

What is the function of the elastic band over the foot of this liner? It makes it almost impossible to get the boot on. Thinking of removing it. Any thoughts?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

To keep lower part of the tongue inside of the liner.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It does help keep the tongue where it should be but removing them for fit is common.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

I have removed it from almost every boot I have skied. I have a really high instep and it is amazing how much room it creates when removing.

I also have a high instep

On the dead-goat-sucking Vulcan liner it takes about 3 minutes with a razor knife to cut the stitching on that suede leather patch/elastic piece (really a piece of upside down naugahyde) which together measure 3mm with calipers

removing that stuff made the liner much more wearable but repalcing the stock liner with a power wrap was the real fix
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I would suggest cutting the stitching on the side of the elastic, so you can re-sew it on if needed

Cutting it out is the first thing I do on all my boots. Slice the stitching though to get a cleaner end result and remove all the excess material.

Thanks! Will try cutting the stitches. Can't imagine the tounge moving out of place after the boot is buckled though, so it probably doesn't go back on.

Also, any tips on prying out the plastic when getting on really tight race-ish boots(salomon x-lab +130)? Always had roomier freeride boots, but on this one the top plastic on the lower shell really digs into my foot when getting on the boot. I have to heat the shell to be able to get it on at all. Have thought of maybe using the plastic tounge from my Lupos as a shoe horn for the top of my foot.

Maybe I just got the wrong boot :/

Quote Originally Posted by ma4b86 View Post
    Thanks! Will try cutting the stitches. Can't imagine the tounge moving out of place after the boot is buckled though, so it probably doesn't go back on.

Also, any tips on prying out the plastic when getting on really tight race-ish boots(salomon x-lab +130)? Always had roomier freeride boots, but on this one the top plastic on the lower shell really digs into my foot when getting on the boot. I have to heat the shell to be able to get it on at all. Have thought of maybe using the plastic tounge from my Lupos as a shoe horn for the top of my foot.

Maybe I just got the wrong boot :/

Try putting the liner on your foot first then step into boots. Almost mandatory on race boots

I agree with liner first. I can't get my feet into the boot doing it in one step.