Thread: Costco Arcteryx

Costco Arcteryx

Arcteryx Kyanite jacket
    Size small only

https://www.costco.ca/arc'teryx-kyan...100532091.html

Oooh. Nice find!
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

I like how Costco uses their own model for that piece rather than the Arc’teryx catalogue pic. Or maybe it is the latter and that piece actually is targeted at your average Costco shopper who even if not shredding the gnar of bulk savings can pose as such.

Wow. It’s a sad sad day when Costco becomes an authorized arcteryx dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Wow. It’s a sad sad day when Costco becomes an authorized arcteryx dealer.
    Why? Why is that sad? I don’t get it.
    focus.

It says on the webpage that Costco is not an authorized dealer.

I haven't seen any counterfeit Arc'teryx ads on Facebook lately, maybe they're going through Costco now?

I'm pretty sure Costco buys up factory seconds and sells these for many of their brand name clothing lines.

For example, Costco sells Calvin Klein occasionally, but have you ever seen or tried them on? The cut is all fucked up.
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 12-25-2019 at 07:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

You wear, or have worn Obsession for Men haven’t you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Name:  IMG_0350.JPG
Views: 607
Size:  82.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    I'm pretty sure Costco buys up factory seconds and sells thise for many of their brand name clothing.

For example, Costco sells Calvin Klein occasionally, but have you ever seen or the
    Tied them on? The cut is fucked up.
    They aren't necessarily factory seconds. They probably opened a shop somewhere, acquired the goods, and then moved it to their club stores.
    Arcteryx probably knows what stores and shut them out.
    But chasing the grey market is like playing
    wack a mole.

https://www.snewsnet.com/news/costco...industry-goods

With history of other TNF products as well as that from companies such as Teva appearing without approval at Costco, SNEWS® decided it was time to dig deeper. Costco, it appears, has regularly engaged in the practice of acquiring unauthorized products for sale in its stores via any means possible, sometimes utilizing an underground network of third-party buyers, overseas distributors and shell companies.
    They are probably the real deal, just round tripped into Costco stores as a way of
    giving the big brands the big middle finger.

The courts have rules, if you own it, you can resell it - anywhere and anyhow you wish.

Which is fine by me because Arcteryx has no qualms with opening shop and directly competing next to
    stores that built their brand.

"It says something about the pricing structure of these products if we can buy them from a third party, price them so we can make sufficient profit, and still save our members money," Sinegal told us.
    When asked if he thought there was anything unethical about the way Costco was going about acquiring products that companies did not want to sell to them, he said, "I don't agree with that reasoning at all. The reason we can get these goods so easily and sell them cheaper than other stores is the markup structure is obscene. Wouldn't you call overpricing unethical?"
    At the end of that article, SNEWS shows their loyalty to the big brands:

While Costco says the company doesn't want to put anyone out of business, the company has to realize that if it acquires specialty products for sale in its stores outside of the authorized distribution channel, and sells them at prices up to 40 percent less than they are available at a specialty retailer, it will kill the market for that product at specialty. That could essentially destroy the image of specialty retail that the manufacturer of that product was likely working so hard to develop.

You be the judge. If "destroying the image of specialty retail that the manufacturer of that product was likely working so hard to develop" is evil, then don't buy them.
    However, if you value a free market, the reasonable valuation of retail goods, and the reasonable distribution of said goods,
    then I think Costco is in the right.

TNF, Peak Performance, Arcteryx etc.
    just want to have
    their cake
    and eat it too.
    Last edited by puregravity; 12-25-2019 at 10:05 PM.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

^^ right. Jesus fuck. People going to the goddamn mat to defend arcteryx’s god given right to make sure their jackets don’t sell for a penny less than $900.

You go, guys.
    focus.

eww. the bourgeoisie

costco also carries spyder in our neck of the woods. Haven't tried on the stuff but the look is not TJ Burke enough for me. I prefer small batch hard shells and bibs

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    The status. The STATUS! Won't somebody please protect the status symbol?!

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    . I prefer small batch hard shells and bibs
    Only artisanal sustainably sourced locally made gluten free fabrics may grace my flesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Costco Arcteryx