Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    These are "The Best" Hands Down
    https://www.dual-plattenspieler.eu/en/home.html
    I used to be into HiF back in the day. Dual is a bit obscure unless you play in the deep end of the pool.
    I associate Dual with low end car stereo products. Same company?

http://www.dualav.com/index.php
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

PSB alpha P5

We just got one of these for xmas sounds good to me.
    Audio-Technica AT-LP60BK-USB

Over the last 18 months I’ve been working on finishing my game room/bar and my wife just bought me a PRO-JECT Debut Carbon Evo turntable. Now I need some speakers. Any ideas for powered speakers in the $500-$600 range? They need to work wireless as well since my vinyl collection is non existent, so they will mainly be used to stream for at least a few years.

These are a few options I was thinking about:

Audioengine A5+

Klipsch The Five’s

Kanto YU6

Not a powered / all in one solution - but I’ve been really happy with the following.

- Polk S15s or S20s
    - Mini amp
    - Google chromecast audio

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by refried View Post
    nice choice, that's a copy of the Technics 1200 that was very reliable, it comes with an AT 95 cartridge that sounds nice for it's price I have one on a Sony DD that may get upgraded eventually. I just replaced the belt on this Technics and the Grado cartridge sounds great.

Attachment 307740
    Maybe this is no longer true but I thought the placement of turntables on top of other components (particularly amps/receivers) was a no-no? Nice touch with the rotary phone btw

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I associate Dual with low end car stereo products. Same company?

http://www.dualav.com/index.php
    Not sure if the same company, but maybe. The logo looks pretty much the same.

I had a Dual turntable many years ago. They were known then as a reasonable cost high end turntable. Maybe not best of the best, but pretty darn good. They came out with “direct drive” when most everyone else were using pulleys and bands to spin the platter.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Over the last 18 months I’ve been working on finishing my game room/bar and my wife just bought me a PRO-JECT Debut Carbon Evo turntable. Now I need some speakers. Any ideas for powered speakers in the $500-$600 range? They need to work wireless as well since my vinyl collection is non existent, so they will mainly be used to stream for at least a few years.

These are a few options I was thinking about:

Audioengine A5+

Klipsch The Five’s

Kanto YU6
    https://www.crutchfield.com/S-kacNBu...AEALw_wcB&pg=2

Ok, I'm a jong so please help me out. My partner's record player is old and cheap and I'd like to get her a new one for her birthday. I am not, nor do I foresee becoming an audiophile so I'd like to keep it simple and reasonably priced. Currently we listen to music on a Bose Solo 2 soundbar (off of our phones on bluetooth, it also has ports labeled "audio" and "coax." I would like to hook the record player up to the soundbar that way. Is that feasible?

What record player should I buy? If I need a budget I guess I'd be willing to spend around $500. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Ok, I'm a jong so please help me out. My partner's record player is old and cheap and I'd like to get her a new one for her birthday. I am not, nor do I foresee becoming an audiophile so I'd like to keep it simple and reasonably priced. Currently we listen to music on a Bose Solo 2 soundbar (off of our phones on bluetooth, it also has ports labeled "audio" and "coax." I would like to hook the record player up to the soundbar that way. Is that feasible?

What record player should I buy? If I need a budget I guess I'd be willing to spend around $500. Thanks.
    U-Turn Orbit with the built-in preamp. $329
    https://uturnaudio.com/products/orbit-basic-turntable
    The port labeled "audio" is a 3.5mm jack, yes? The turntable has RCA outputs so you'll just need a dual RCA to single 3.5mm cable (easy to find on Amazon) and you're set.

Thank you. That was one on the list and confirms what I thought about the hookup.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

For bang for the buck on an entry level system with self amplified speakers I got my daughter the following:

- 1 By One Belt drive turntable. I think it's better than the alternatives in the price range and it's decent overall, but obviously not a high end table.
    - Edifier 1280DB speakers. People love these and I was skeptical, but they actually are pretty good performers for the size and price.

Each piece is about $150 +/-, and the Edifiers are actually quite easy to find used at half that price.

In case any of that helps.

Funny story. My brother and his friends are audiophiles and i was chatting with a guy at work and found out he was also. He told me he just got a new turntable and showed me pics and it looked super expensive. I asked him how much it cost and he said 17.
    I was in the Corps in Japan back in the day and had gotten what was in my world a kick ass entire system with a Yamaha receiver, Technics speakers equalizer etc. and paid about $1900 for it. I told him wow, that must be really nice cuz i paid about $1700 for my entire system. He laughs and says no, $17k!!! For a turntable and he had several other lesser turntables that he didn't use that were worth ~ $20k total. The guy was a young engineer and was not making crazy money.