Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I’m convinced that 110ish underfoot and fully rockered is the optimum for deep powder touring, but the DPS Tour 1 Lotus 124 is the ski you’ve described.

Quote Originally Posted by Ville View Post
    Would like to get pair of new touring skis for deep snow. Is there any skis around 120mm waist and tip rocker+camber+flat tail or just little bit of tail rocker? Directional mounting point would be good.

Skis I use now and like

183cm Scott punisher 110 mounted alpine
    184cm Head monster 108 mounted alpine
    183cm Black crows Corvus fb + atk freerider 14 2.0 (these are the best skis ever, just need more width for those specific days)

Any skis for these specs or am I doomed to get some modern sliding around skis? I prefer to make turns and not slide around.

Lähetetty minun FIG-LX1 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
    How about the regular Klint Krypto in a 187. 123 uf.
    Always wanted to try the Krypto myself, looks to be a cool ski.

Thanks for the tips guys! I had forgot bmt122, that can be found on quite good price also on this side of pond!

Anyone skied those Klint skis? Never heard of them. Specs seems nice.

Scour eBay & the internets for a pair of 192 Atomic Atlas’es: light, profile you want & 125 underfoot

Thanks for the tips guys! I had forgot bmt122, that can be found on quite good price also on this side of pond!

Anyone skied those Klint skis? Never heard of them. Specs seems nice.

Erik Roner used to ski Klint.

Quote Originally Posted by rip View Post
    Head Kore 117s, light and quite burly in the 189 length. Very traditional mount point.
    This guy knows what’s up. Very traditional and light enough but stiff enough for a 50/50 ski. Corbett’s has them on sale now with a free pair of bindings. Last years with bindings in 180 comes with Attack 2 16’s for $480 US shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Agreed with others that mentioned old Lotus 120 or Lhasa Pow / Lhasa Pow Fat.
    Yep. I was on the pure lotus 120 for a few years and now carbon Lhasa fats with tech bindings for deep days. Sounds like either of these would work for you if you can find them. Both are incredible but Lhasa’s seem like they can take more of a beating.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Original version of the K2 Darkside. Dimensions: 156/128/144. 27m turn radius.

Bend extra rocker into the tip, pull back the front rocker contact point a bit and spoon the tip base edge a hair. Most versatile fat touring ski I've ever had the pleasure of riding. They seem to get better with age too...season 9 and they're broken in nicely. Poppy, pivoty, or mach schnelly. They do what you ask and don't complain.
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Original version of the K2 Darkside. Dimensions: 156/128/144. 27m turn radius.

Bend extra rocker into the tip, pull back the front rocker contact point a bit and spoon the tip base edge a hair. Most versatile fat touring ski I've ever had the pleasure of riding. They seem to get better with age too...season 9 and they're broken in nicely. Poppy, pivoty, or mach schnelly. They do what you ask and don't complain.
    So hard to find, would be nice to try as I love old sidestash with "powder rocker". I have it at 188cm and it must be one of the most versatile skis. But damn heavy...

So hard to find...
    (Sick and burnin' off time on the couch, sorry for the thread drift...)

The originals are hard to find but the latest black topsheet/longer front rocker ones still pop up from time to time. I can't vouch for that model as i've never skied them but i have a friend selling some 174's for cheap cheap...150 CAD with skins but skins need reglue.

Happy accidents do happen. A while ago I phoned K2 and talked to someone up the chain in the hierarchy of those that know what time it is...I asked if they happen to have any old stock kickin' around in the back of the warehouse or something picking up dust...after a thorough search, none were found.

Outta the blue a local had his up for sale where I live just a few weeks ago. Backup pair obtained...I should be good till i'm 90.

I could keep my eyes open for ya. I still see the original versions on the feet of a few locals.

They do ski a bit long...I'm kinda thinkin' if yer a 188 Sidestash, a 181 might be a suitable size? FWIW, I also skied the 188 Sidestash with powder rocker for a few seasons...also loved that ski in certain conditions/terrain but found their optimal operating window was a bit small. Heliskiing alpine terrain = awesome, no speed limit, damp, solid, chargey, fun. Regular old steep open trees above a certain speed = fun. Tight, pivoty trees in deeper or punchy snow; too much work. Steep spine with deeper punchy snow = not enough width underfoot, not enough pivot and slarve, too much work. Groomers = no good at low to moderate speeds...too much powder rocker, just kinda felt unbalanced/not enough forebody snow contact...but they really came alive over 60km/hour, leaned over and carving trenches.

I'm 5'9", 185 pounds and ski the 174 Darkside. There are a few specific snow conditions where the tail feels a bit short but 80 percent of the time they feel 'just right'. Presently experimenting with some clip on tail extenders for the remaining 20 percent of the days where a bit more tail might bring 'em into the 'just right' feelz window. The 10cms of twin tip extra tail is a bit too long...kinda thinkin' 3cms of flat will be the magic number.

A few 'sidestash vs. darkside' gopro clips on steep spines and other pow conditions to put some of the text into real life context.

Last edited by swissiphic; 12-28-2019 at 09:20 AM.
    Master of mediocrity.