Thread: Crazy idea

Crazy idea

As I was stuffing a monopod into a backpack the other day, I wondered if anybody ever thought of a way to mount an Arca-swiss clamp to the top of an adjustable ski pole?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Seems like you could easily re-tap the threads on the top of the grip to accept one.

Find a beater and give it a shot. Or, you could pull the grip and add one you made yourself, perhaps some wood with a grippy coating of sorts.

Pretty sure there are a few out there already. I think Mountain Smith makes one? Might not accept a plate but at least has a thread for direct mount of camera.

Ok thanks for the heads up on the Mountainsmith. For the price it's not worth trying to make my own.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

for the lack of a little effort, an empire is lost......

do it

do it before peak design does it

Try to do it, then tell us what it was like, LOL

Duct tape, of course. Or Gorilla glue. Or both.

I remember way back in ancient times Stubai made a whole interchangeble system. Ice axes and ski poles that had the same tool mounts. So you could just get an ice axe pick and mount that on the top of your ski pole grip for an instant whippet. One of the "tools" was a camera mount so you could put it on your pole (or axe) and make it a monopod. It was a standard mount though. I think the system made stuff heavy as shit so it never really caught on.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying