Skinning up Mt Spokane - Duration?

I’m looking at skinning up Mt. Spokane this Friday before work. If you’ve done it before, can you share roughly how long it takes to get to the top?

Also I have read their uphill policy, but if you have any other tips to add, please do

Thanks!

I usually start at about 7:00, to the top by 7:45 or so, back down to the car before 8:00. No real tips other than to follow the designated path and don't get run over by a cat on the way down. The cat drivers will get pissed at you if you ski their freshly groomed runs so basically the descent is the same way down that you go up.

Same. Car-2-car in under an hour if you’re reasonably fit, transition well and go straight up the upper section. It’s a bit steep for straight-lining but too shallow for switchbacking. I usually leave some time for a couple mini-laps on upper mountain if it’s nice snow (which it can be, surprisingly).

Remember, they can’t hear you scream in the trees at Mt Spokane at night (old joke from poaching night skiing)

Once had mountain manager waiting for us at chair 4 after hiking out the radio tower. In mid rant he’d screamed if you want to keep your passes you can walk out. We said wait, you mean if we walk out we we can our passes? Umm yeah!

No big deal, walked out.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Did you go?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums