Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    What did they prescribe initially and what after you complained?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    In addition to 1000mg Tylenol doses, they had me on two 5mg oxycodone every 4-6 hours. That wasn’t cutting it so I was prescribed two 2mg Dilaudid pills every four to six hours instead. They were wearing off in two hours so they supplemented that with an OxyContin time release pill, on the smaller side. That was the ticket. The OxyContin made it so it wasn’t a pain rollercoaster, and I could take the Dilaudid on schedule. Today is day six and I will be running out soon, but I’m over the hump. It just sucks that people in need are denied powerful drugs because others have abused them

I had hip repellent 11 days ago.
    Still as fair amount of pain. They prescribed hydrocodone 5-325, which worked, but did effects, constipation and foggy thinking.

I'm taking cbd thc, which works, with fewer side effects

Surprised at the amount of pain i have, but in the other hand, they cut my leg off to put the metal hip.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Five days out from TKR . Doing pretty well. On Dillies every 4h with allowable to go to 4mg which i only did once in hospital I had got behind and needed something to catch up. Was awake for about an hour of surgery. Sleep guy gave me update on what as going on other side of screen. they really wack the fuck out that bone with the chisel.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Five days out from TKR . Doing pretty well. On Dillies every 4h with allowable to go to 4mg which i only did once in hospital I had got behind and needed something to catch up. Was awake for about an hour of surgery. Sleep guy gave me update on what as going on other side of screen. they really wack the fuck out that bone with the chisel.
    May your recovery be swift and complete!

Awake?

I don't know if i could do this. People say general is more dangerous then surgery.

But if you did in your sleep, you never know.

But listening to all the bone cutting?

Not for me.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Awake?

I don't know if i could do this. People say general is more dangerous then surgery.

Not for me.

We offer noise canceling headphones to patients that get a spinal and nerve block for TKR. You can be aware as you want to be. Chisel use is actually pretty limited in TKR.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Hardest part for me would be lying still for 3-4 hours. When I got my clavicle hardware out last summer I asked the surgeon about doing it with blocks and local instead of general, but he said it wasn't possible for that part of the body.

Awake?

Not for me.

not the bone cutting but lots and lots of wacking. Its a good sized hammer and my whole body "felt it" No power tools when I was up other then the shop vac to clean out the holes. I guess I was up and aware at least from the trial fit
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Hardest part for me would be lying still for 3-4 hours. When I got my clavicle hardware out last summer I asked the surgeon about doing it with blocks and local instead of general, but he said it wasn't possible for that part of the body.
    FWIW, knee replacement surgery takes about an hour. You are usually pretty heavily sedated and most of the time won't remember anything. If you really don't want to be aware, just let the anesthesiologist know and they can go a little heavier on the sedative.

Quote Originally Posted by jerlane View Post
    FWIW, knee replacement surgery takes about an hour. You are usually pretty heavily sedated and most of the time won't remember anything. If you really don't want to be aware, just let the anesthesiologist know and they can go a little heavier on the sedative.
    I went local for one of my too many scopes and more or less got bored so asked for a little something to put me out. Re-reading this thread and the Bonesmart forum and realizing I posted in this thread three years ago, I've got a good Ortho that I like but he doesn't do TKR's. I was thinking about seeing him this spring and have him take a look at where I'm at before shopping for the TKR doc, or maybe I just start now with a new Doc.

Gotta decide which part of the year I want to devote to a rehab and not playing

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    not the bone cutting but lots and lots of wacking. Its a good sized hammer and my whole body "felt it" No power tools when I was up other then the shop vac to clean out the holes. I guess I was up and aware at least from the trial fit
    I can’t fathom not being completely out for this type of surgery. Fuck that. Still traumatized by the Rockford Files episode where the doc took a hammer to Abe vigodas hip replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I couldn't move my lower body . It was like I was grafted to a giant ham. It was like 20 minutes in recovery before could move anything in my lower body, like move legs together and that was like 1/8" of movement.