Replacing Pivot 14 heel with Pivot 18. Problems?

Unfortunately I need to replace the heel of a pair of pivot 14 bindings and Look have refused to warranty.

Would rather not buy a whole new set of bindings and the only spare one I have is a pivot 18 heel. Am I going to cause any problems if I use an 18 heel with a 14 toe (obviously both would be set to the same DIN)?

Thanks folks!

No problem, the heels are completely interchangeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve1080 View Post
    Unfortunately I need to replace the heel of a pair of pivot 14 bindings and Look have refused to warranty.

Would rather not buy a whole new set of bindings and the only spare one I have is a pivot 18 heel. Am I going to cause any problems if I use an 18 heel with a 14 toe (obviously both would be set to the same DIN)?

Thanks folks!
    Nope. A lot of people using CAST do this as P14s are cheaper. Most shops won't mount mismatched bindings fyi.

Thanks!

(It is actually just the dongle/dildo that needs replacing, so I can screw on and off at home)

just be careful not to cross thread the new dildo threads (start threads by hand)

If you really wanted to, I think you can use the spring from the 14 heels in the 18 heels. The DIN indicator will be wrong, but you might even be able to pop that out of the 14s and put it into the 18s. Never tried this though Same metal casting.