What's your favorite double ski bag without wheels?

I'm looking for a better bag keep two pairs of skis safe for long jaunts powder chasin as well as those carpool days where everyone chucks their skis on top of yours without a care in the world.

A few criteria for me:
    - No wheels, prefer to be able to pack down the bag when only taking 1 pair
    - Padded
    - Fits 2 pairs
    - Ideally 190cm bag, but at least 185cm
    - Not mandatory but would prefer a padded divider between the two pairs of skis

What's your favorite car travel bag?

EDIT: NOT FOR PLANE TRAVEL
    Last edited by hbfs; 12-16-2019 at 11:34 AM.

I don't get why anyone would want a double ski bag without wheels. Pack down the bag when only taking 1 pair? What does that mean exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I don't get why anyone would want a double ski bag without wheels. Pack down the bag when only taking 1 pair? What does that mean exactly?
    I wouldn't buy a double bag without wheels; running between trains in Europe or around big airports like Munich with a fully loaded bag is a huge pain with no wheels. If you're only taking 1 pair, fill the extra space with your clothes, helmet, etc. Favorites are the evo Deluxe Roller 195 and the old Dakine Concourse Double (closest current bag is the Boundary Double 200).

On carpool days, put your skis in last. Or get a cheap unpadded single for days when a baggage handler won't be throwing them around.

X3 on wheels being a must-have. A ski bag with 2pr is way too heavy to carry around an airport or train station... and you're going to have other luggage to handle too. Other than sporttubes, I don't think I've seen any wheeled bag that you couldn't fold up for storage.

I have an old PM Gear bag double wheeled bag that I need to list up here for sale. Great shape -- didn't use it much as it's longer than I need, so we use the shorter bag. Will hold something goofy like 210s -- definitely holds 195cm with room to spare. Burly.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I have one of these (since I always send it by express courier) and it's pretty bomber; well padded, including divider between the skis and tie-downs for each pair. You can also get it with wheels.
    https://www.ogasakashop.com/shopdetail/000000000552/
    No idea who might sell it in N.America, but somebody must.

Asks for double ski bag recommendation without wheels ---> gets responses that I should get ski bags with wheels.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough when asking for your favorite car travel bag. I already have a Sportube (wheeled!) that I use for plane travel. I'm looking for a packable bag that I will be carrying mostly from home -> car -> airbnb -> car -> home but will likely get banged around a bit and shoved into tight spaces. A bag that I won't need to worry about when 4 buddies pack a SUV and throw everything in the back. That I can stash in awkward positions in my car when I'm sleeping in it, and that doesn't have a more rigid frame (wheels) that I can't compress down when I'm only taking one pair of skis.

Not looking for ways to "fill the extra space" or get a wheeled bag that can "fold up for storage". I get it, your needs are different than mine and it would hurt your back to use a bag without wheels to move between ski chalets in Europe. But you're not helping.

Thank you DJ2 for your response, I appreciate it.

Thank you everyone in advance for any other helpful responses.

http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=2+ski+bag+without+wheels

learn to internet ya fukin’ jong...

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by hbfs View Post
    Asks for double ski bag recommendation without wheels ---> gets responses that I should get ski bags with wheels.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough when asking for your favorite car travel bag. I already have a Sportube (wheeled!) that I use for plane travel. I'm looking for a packable bag that I will be carrying mostly from home -> car -> airbnb -> car -> home but will likely get banged around a bit and shoved into tight spaces. A bag that I won't need to worry about when 4 buddies pack a SUV and throw everything in the back. That I can stash in awkward positions in my car when I'm sleeping in it, and that doesn't have a more rigid frame (wheels) that I can't compress down when I'm only taking one pair of skis.

Not looking for ways to "fill the extra space" or get a wheeled bag that can "fold up for storage". I get it, your needs are different than mine and it would hurt your back to use a bag without wheels to move between ski chalets in Europe. But you're not helping.

Thank you DJ2 for your response, I appreciate it.

Thank you everyone in advance for any other helpful responses.
    Feel free to cancel your subscription, jong.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post

http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=2+ski+bag+without+wheels

learn to internet ya fukin’ jong...

I did my fair share of googling, thank you very much. Checked Thule, Athalon, Dakine, High Sierra, Evo, REI, Level9, Salomon, Atomic.

There were not a lot of double ski bag options without wheels. Most double bags I found were either reviewed poorly, wheeled, or had little padding. The two most promising ones I found were the Salomon Extend and Atomic Double. Neither have more than a review or two online, and neither have a padded divider.

Thought maybe there were some that I missed, maybe some jong has a trusty ski bag along the lines of what I'm searching for that's held up for them well.

Guess I was wrong

how has this not been mentioned yet... yeah it has wheels, but folds/rolls down to a tiny size. super durable...
    I've fit a giant pow ski, big snowboard, all my gear except boots, and everything fit great..

https://douchebags.com/the-douchebag...0aAvPbEALw_wcB

What's your favorite double ski bag without wheels?

LevelNine had decent, inexpensive double bags with no wheels. I use mine for the car. Says 185 but there’s room beyond my...185s.
    https://www.levelninesports.com/l9-sports-ski-bag-1

Dunno why you need a lot of padding for the car. YMMV...

I just came here to say that it sounds like you need something pretty bare bones - just padding for skis in the car with a bunch of other gear getting tossed around near it... Level 9's double non-wheeled bag might do the trick and is just $40... it works. No frills, fits two pairs of skis (very tight in length with even one pair of 190's), and is padded. Fits two pairs of boots too if you get creative with it.
    -deej
    I'm against picketing... but I don't know how to show it...

Get a fleece blanket from Goodwill for $5. Take the blanket to your local drycleaners and have the nice asian lady sew up hotdog style for $10. now you have a nice fleece snuggie for your skis to ride around the car in.