Thread: Massage Rollers

Massage Rollers

Anybody use them? Recommendations for which ones you like?

Get a cheap foam one that is on the softer side. After your body gets use to that, spend the money to get a nicer one that is stiffer. Make sure it’s big enough you can properly roll out and be relaxed, not having to worry about keeping on the roller.

I like the trigger point rollers quite a bit

I've got one. Nice stiff foam. Hurts like fuck every time I use it on my legs after a long run. Mrs Cruiser says it's good for me but I'm skeptical cuz using it is really, really unpleasant.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Massage Rollers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5474.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	956.3 KB 
ID:	306254

I just happen to pick this one up this afternoon. It was less the $15. Can’t remember for sure. Tried it out for a few minutes. Hoping it helps a bit with a bad back. Seemed like it might

They had shorter ones but said to get the longer one for whole body use.

The company that makes them is local and does a charity sale a coupe times a year. All proceeds go to local charities. They used to own Altra shoes but sold it. Still bring in some for the sale. Picked up 7 pairs of Altras, a couple exercise balls, a running shirt for the Mrs and the foam roller for around $350.
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

A Lacrosse or tennis ball will really get into the tougher to reach areas, e.g. feet and hips/glutes.

Live and die by them. The harder and more aggressive the better, for me.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by UTpowder View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5474.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	956.3 KB 
ID:	306254

I just happen to pick this one up this afternoon. It was less the $15. Can’t remember for sure. Tried it out for a few minutes. Hoping it helps a bit with a bad back. Seemed like it might

They had shorter ones but said to get the longer one for whole body use.

The company that makes them is local and does a charity sale a coupe times a year. All proceeds go to local charities. They used to own Altra shoes but sold it. Still bring in some for the sale. Picked up 7 pairs of Altras, a couple exercise balls, a running shirt for the Mrs and the foam roller for around $350.
    Why the hell do you need 7 pairs of Altras...?

I run a lot!!

Actually 3 for me and two each for
    My wife and daughter. I’ll usually go through a couple pair a year. I grab them the whe I can. Sizes and styles are often limited.
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

Use them all the time , Trigger Point is the best , they hurt like hell when rolling , but do the job and incredibly durable

The Rolfflex is pretty amazing for targeting small areas around your elbows, knees, and claves and you can use it on the go without finding a place to lie down. I got it for climbers elbow originally but use it more then my regular foam roller.

Another vote for tennis balls.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

Quote Originally Posted by telepariah View Post
    Another vote for tennis balls.
    Everybody knows those only work for tennis elbow...

...plus, I don't have a racquet.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Lacrosse balls work even better - those things can really hammer you into submission

I use a lax ball for small hard to get to trigger points, and use a vibrating roller for larger muscles. The vibration allows me to actively relax the muscle which allows the knot/trigger point to get vibrated out quicker and less painfully than with a normal foam roller. Very worth it for me. this is what I use: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just bought a massage attachment for my jigsaw--game changer. $15-30 on Amazon for a kit. Fully hurt yourself insane. You can buy a dedicated unit, but I reckon most of us already have a jigsaw...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Black and Decker pecker wrecker.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

A good Colorado company with great products. http://www.radroller.com

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    Just bought a massage attachment for my jigsaw--game changer. $15-30 on Amazon for a kit. Fully hurt yourself insane. You can buy a dedicated unit, but I reckon most of us already have a jigsaw...
    Bought one of those adapter kits last year. I dont like the foam ball shown in your pic. The solid rubber cone & ball are the tits though. Only downside is that it has shredded the sides of my 'around the house hoodie' from blasting my QL's with a corded contractor grade jigsaw. Big improvement over what I had been doing previously - embedding a shorter jigsaw blade into a lacrosse ball. Every now and then the blade would work it's way out of the lax ball putting me at risk of stabbing myself with the blade :eek

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Bought one of those adapter kits last year. I dont like the foam ball shown in your pic. The solid rubber cone & ball are the tits though. Only downside is that it has shredded the sides of my 'around the house hoodie' from blasting my QL's with a corded contractor grade jigsaw. Big improvement over what I had been doing previously - embedding a shorter jigsaw blade into a lacrosse ball. Every now and then the blade would work it's way out of the lax ball putting me at risk of stabbing myself with the blade :eek
    I just bought another accessory pack with the cone and a smaller, harder ball, def like them better.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

jgb@etree Guest
    When you're ready for hard mode, try a corded jigsaw. Big difference in power!

To the OP's question, I have a standard foam roller and a hollow trigger point therapy roller. I use the foam for my back and the hollow for my hips, quads, etc. I have never tried one, but have heard great things about the rumble roller.

Cheap hard foam roller and a lacrosse ball and some webbing for stretching since I can't touch my toes.