Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Doesn’t work with steaks or bulk burger meat, though.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    This. Bubba burgers ftw
    Pro tip:. Bubba is expensive. Just freeze regular burger meat. It Cooks great frozen. Maybe 30 seconds longer than a Bubba.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Doesn’t work with steaks or bulk burger meat, though.
    If you form patties before you freeze it, yes it works great. Just don't make those stupid thick burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    We get a case for our store every few weeks. They do ship frozen. We sell them frozen too

100% marketing to sell them thawed in the meat section of grocery stores
    Yep, I can confirm. They ship frozen.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    It's not great. My wife makes better fake meat from cauliflower, walnuts and soy
    I'd be down to pimp that recipe from you...

I have a solid black bean/brown rice/garbonzo bean "burger" recipe that makes thick patties that actually hold together and are hella tasty without pretending to be meat...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Yeah I'd just rather eat something that's not pretending to be something. A falafel whopper would be tasty I bet.

Not a huge fan of black bean burgers. They have too much bean flavor for me and end up being real mushy texture wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Not a huge fan of black bean burgers. They have too much bean flavor for me and end up being real mushy texture wise.
    Got some at Costco that were decent. Kinda Southwesterny flavor which I am a fan of.

I love black bean cakes. Always looking for a new recipe. I refuse to call them "burgers".

As a couple others above said - I tried the BK Impossible Whopper the other day......not bad - would order again I guess......

Mmmmm……..chemicals that make plants taste like meat. So good for you.

Fuck...no wonder the cancer rates are where they are, stupid people eating shitty diets.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Mmmmm……..chemicals that make plants taste like meat. So good for you.

Fuck...no wonder the cancer rates are where they are, stupid people eating shitty diets.
    Stupidest post in this thread. Everything is a fucking chemical you knob. And pretty much everything causes cancer, it's the dose that makes the poison.

Are people claiming this stuff is super healthy here? I am not seeing that. Hell I shot a deer last Saturday and had some kind of fake meat burger again yesterday at our local ski hill. Hardly a vegan. Tastes good to me and doesn't require a methane emitting cow shitting in the river to make. Health rating is probably about the same as a real burger from my understanding which is to say probably not a good idea to eat large amounts of fake meat patty or real burger.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Stupidest post in this thread. Everything is a fucking chemical you knob. And pretty much everything causes cancer, it's the dose that makes the poison.
    Agreed. Red meat and cancer aren't exactly best friends but I am pretty sure they work together when it is convenient.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hyper processed food. Sure to be good for you long term.

I too fall in the "meh" camp and don't get the need to imitate the taste and texture of meat.

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    I'd be down to pimp that recipe from you...

I have a solid black bean/brown rice/garbonzo bean "burger" recipe that makes thick patties that actually hold together and are hella tasty without pretending to be meat...
    Well, are you going to share or just leave us all hanging?

Yeah, I'm with a bunch in that I don't care if my fake burger mimics a real one. I'd rather have a Dr. Praegers veggie burger than one of the 'fakes'.

But, yeah, we need to lighten up on the beef, it's not good for the skiing.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

If South Park makes a mockery of it, you know it must be good for you.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Whatever douche.

Of course you can moderate your intake of highly processed foods and chemicals and slightly reduce that risk a little, all about moderation and risk acceptance.

Yes, well aware everything is made of chemicals, but those that are completely altered and added to foods are not really that great for you.

I stand by what I said...stupid people eating shitty diets because they are fat and lazy.

Whatever douche.

Of course you can moderate your intake of highly processed foods and chemicals and slightly reduce that risk a little, all about moderation and risk acceptance.

Yes, well aware everything is made of chemicals, but those that are completely altered and added to foods are not really that great for you.

I stand by what I said...stupid people eating shitty diets because they are fat and lazy.
    And I stand by what I said, you're making an idiotic association between "chemicals" or "processed foods" and health risks. As if the presence of one automatically led to the other. You could do a lot worse than a impossible burger when it comes to poisoning yourself, and the stuff in your diet that is a known risk factor for cancer has a good chance of being a lot more "natural" than fake meat.
    Of all the arguments that have been made in this thread against the impossible burger, yours is the dumbest, hands down. For shit's sake, are you avoiding table salt because it's iodized? Boooo hoooo scary potassium iodide with its scary chemical name completely altering all of the food and, oh wait a minute, it's actually really good for you, nevermind.

You don't seem to have a great grasp of humanity in general. and why they act the way they do

And I stand by what I said, you're making an idiotic association between "chemicals" or "processed foods" and health risks. As if the presence of one automatically led to the other. You could do a lot worse than a impossible burger when it comes to poisoning yourself, and the stuff in your diet that is a known risk factor for cancer has a good chance of being a lot more "natural" than fake meat.
    Of all the arguments that have been made in this thread against the impossible burger, yours is the dumbest, hands down. For shit's sake, are you avoiding table salt because it's iodized? Boooo hoooo scary potassium iodide with its scary chemical name completely altering all of the food and, oh wait a minute, it's actually really good for you, nevermind.
    This has to be trolling.

There have been a number of recent studies linking heavily processed foods to overeating, weight gain, cardiovascular disease and death.

Beyond Meat/Impossible Burger

Good to start figuring things this out now.

I see large land mammals going out in the first wave.

I’m sad I won’t live to see the day of healthy meals in a pill. Having to eat is so annoying sometimes, just give me a pill or something to snort.

- said most guys stuck in a grocery store with their wife and she asks “what should we eat for dinner?” How about a bullet?

On the bright side, the prospect of eating dog food in retirement suddenly doesn't sound too bad!

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Pro tip:. Bubba is expensive. Just freeze regular burger meat. It Cooks great frozen. Maybe 30 seconds longer than a Bubba.
    no, it doesn’t cook “great” imo because freezing changes the structure of meat. Fresh meat >>> frozen meat. But if this garbage hyper processed animal protein substitute ends up cheaper than meat it’s got things going for it - like freezing better

no different than dog food or lays chips - neutral “Base” with added flavors aka salt
    Last edited by dunfree ; 12-16-2019 at 03:43 PM.