Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Yeah, this is surprising for sure. I always considered Candides floppy as shit. Like completely uncomparable to the Shiros. Maybe it is the bindings, or maybe you aren't getting back far enough to bend the tails? But those tails bend if you look at them too hard. Very odd.
    This is interesting. Just picked up 2018 192s and I don't think anyone would consider them floppy. From the comments on this thread it seems like there were maybe some construction changes that weren't called out by faction?

They rail hard groomers in a pretty unexpected way. Haven't gotten them in snow yet, cause there ain't any.

Quote Originally Posted by WhetherMan View Post
    This is interesting. Just picked up 2018 192s and I don't think anyone would consider them floppy. From the comments on this thread it seems like there were maybe some construction changes that weren't called out by faction?

They rail hard groomers in a pretty unexpected way. Haven't gotten them in snow yet, cause there ain't any.
    Yup - that is now percolating back into my brain. At some point they started beefing up the core, both the core itself and some kind of plate. I think the plate originally stopped just past the binding mount area and people saw them snap right at the end of the plate. It may go further now.

About three years ago a bunch of manufacturers started adding beef to their floppier skis to combat cracking/delaming skis.

But I wonder if the build up changes are causing the feeling of stiffer tails on this new pair.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGortex View Post
    Noted. Sounds like some binding swapping experiments are in order.

Goddamn Wreckers are haunting me
    Cast

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by WhetherMan View Post

I wouldn’t consider them a noodle, but I also know I’m not Quadmaster 5000 so I just kind of rolled with it. Subjectively, hand flexing puts them a hair stiffer than my Shiros and far far stiffer than either of my Kartel 98s.

The way they rail hard groomers is more reminiscent of my GS skis than my other park skis. They kind of remind me of some of the pre-Cham Dynastar directional all mountain skis.
    Last edited by TexasGortex; 01-21-2021 at 05:43 PM.

Brief update: I’m an idiot. My skis are 112mm, not 108mm, making them the newer updated model. They changed one season sooner than I realized apparently, leading me to purchase the wrong skis. Oops.

Goes a long way towards explaining the difference in charger vs noodle reactions.

It may not have been the ski I was looking for but I suspect this might be right up the alley of a people here; lightweight charger with medium width.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGortex View Post
    Brief update: I’m an idiot. My skis are 112mm, not 108mm, making them the newer updated model. They changed one season sooner than I realized apparently, leading me to purchase the wrong skis. Oops.

Goes a long way towards explaining the difference in charger vs noodle reactions.

It may not have been the ski I was looking for but I suspect this might be right up the alley of a people here; lightweight charger with medium width.
    Mystery solved.

Anyone know if the white 2020 model is the same as the blue 2021 model? Or have there been additional changes? Would also be interested in more feedback on either model. I’m intrigued by the idea of a playful “truck” ski at 110ish wide and 190ish length.

Quote Originally Posted by CouloirInTheLines View Post
    Anyone know if the white 2020 model is the same as the blue 2021 model? Or have there been additional changes? Would also be interested in more feedback on either model. I’m intrigued by the idea of a playful “truck” ski at 110ish wide and 190ish length.
    The white ski is 200g’s lighter and has a major defect with the core. Blue ski is fine

Quote Originally Posted by CouloirInTheLines View Post
    As @mr_pretzel mentioned, the core was switched to a heavier, damper one and all the Faction skis manufacturing has been moved to the Fisher ski plant which improved greatly improved consistency. I have the 2021 Candide 2.0 and I’ve been very impressed with the ski and could see enjoying the 2021 3.0 on deeper days.

Lots of YouTube videos on the 2021 3.0 and they are all rave reviews on it.

Wild how much these vary from year to year. Will try to check out a blue pair. Thanks.