Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FS: Wagner Custom 177 unmounted

Unused Wagner Customs built in 2018. Never mounted, perfect factory condition.

177 cm, 90 mm underfoot, some early rise, turned up tail, big spoon upfront, solid camber and sidecut. 132-90-115. These specs make this a solid daily driver - laying it over to bumps to moderate pow - and one of the most commonly designed skis by Wagner.

Beautiful blue topsheet with silhouettes of Wilson Peak (Coors Mtn outside Telluride/14er) and pine trees.

Located in Telluride, CO but can also ship. Asking $700.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7206.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	305859   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7208.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	305860   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7207.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	950.2 KB 
ID:	305861  
    Last edited by COformtn; 12-11-2019 at 11:21 PM.

Lol

Trade you some used boot liners?

I've got a $1.51 and 2/3 of a pack of gum in my cupholder I'll swap ya. Can we split shipping though?

Could you autograph them and provide a certificate of authenticity ?
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

On their website they say "prices start at $1750" - let's round to $2000.

Now, per TGR tradition, 50% of current online price (not MSRP) = $1000
    -10% per year old = $900
    -10% per times drilled, per core shot, per delam...etc = N/A
    -10% per marker binding attached = N/A
    +10-30% for Rare/High-demand item = $1170 (we know this falls in the 30% range)

So for $1000 these are a steal. Too bad they're only the 177s and not the 178s - otherwise people would be all over them.
    Originally Posted by jm2e:
    To be a JONG is no curse in these unfortunate times. 'Tis better that than to be alone.

Tree fitty? Plus some red socks.

My napkin math says ole boy got raped by Wagner

Blue, after all, is the slowest color.

WTF are Wagners so pricy compared to other niche ski brands??? Are they the Koenigsegg of the ski world?

Tough sell...
    Wagners are custom built to spec, so unless you are very similar to the person who ordered them, both in physiology and in ski technique and ability and have the same predilections in terrain and conditions, it’s a lot to spend on what amounts to a relative unknown, and an un-dem0able ski.

More importantly, they are not red, but this can be solved by hitting them with a rattle can and cutting the current price in half (maybe).

If you came here specifically to move these you may want to get to know your audience a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Tough sell...
    Wagners are custom built to spec, so unless you are very similar to the person who ordered them, both in physiology and in ski technique and ability and have the same predilections in terrain and conditions, it’s a lot to spend on what amounts to a relative unknown, and an un-dem0able ski.

More importantly, they are not red, but this can be solved by hitting them with a rattle can and cutting the current price in half (maybe).

If you came here specifically to move these you may want to get to know your audience a little better.
    Do they do that before or after the morning dump?

No old, rich guys who use their jackson home once a year on here? I thought that was half the population up there

But I guess I should have taken the advice on this forum more seriously, didnt expect quite the quality of response from you guys. Appreciate the laughs

Too bad the Epicski forum is gone, these would fetch at least $300 there.

care to post up some pics of the chick who commissioned these baby blues?

Quote Originally Posted by COformtn View Post
    No old, rich guys who use their jackson home once a year on here? I thought that was half the population up there
    Know your audience. The Once a year rich guys prefer to buy new.

Red ones would sell better.

Yeah, Wagner is a tough resell as new. The price isn't outrageous given their "retail" price, but for all the reasons ACH stated, it's gonna be tough to find a buyer.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Yeah, Wagner is a tough resell as new. The price isn't outrageous given their "retail" price, but for all the reasons ACH stated, it's gonna be tough to find a buyer.
    Reread the OP last night...
    Given the nature of these boards/Wagner and subsequent posts in this thread (and short history on this forum under this account) by COformtn, I am lead to wonder what the whole story is behind these skis... It all just feels a bit "off" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Reread the OP last night...
    Given the nature of these boards/Wagner and subsequent posts in this thread (and short history on this forum under this account) by COformtn, I am lead to wonder what the whole story is behind these skis... It all just feels a bit "off" to me.
    Break up maybe? I was a few days from ending up with a semi expensive gift to myself. At least I could have used the gift I was eyeing
    Last edited by abraham; 12-12-2019 at 03:25 PM.

I bet they’re rad, fun skis AND they’re my size. Now if only I was loaded...

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Bob View Post
    I bet they’re rad, fun skis AND they’re my size. Now if only I was loaded...
    And by loaded I meant either rich or drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Break up maybe?
    excellent suggestion.

OP would you be willing to separate them? I would like to purchase a single ski, 350. split shipping.

Well, then, maybe the OP needs to tell us how much his ex weighed, so we can know what the skis were built for. Or better yet, just post naked pictures of the ex and let us decide for ourselves.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Break up maybe? I was a few days from ending up with a semi expensive gift to myself. At least I could have used the gift I was eyeing
    Sit Vic plug?