Can you buy Pivot 18 heels?

Thinking of moving to a CAST system on the majority of my skis. It gives you a great binding for the resort and pin binding for touring. It also gives you the ability to possibly save some money. As many of you know, you can buy multiple plates so you can use the same dynafit toe and pivot toes across multiple skis, but the heels are a permanent mount. My question is there somewhere you can buy pivot heels without having to buy the toes? I know I could watch Gear Swap until something pops up, but just pivot heels in good condition seems like a stretch. What have other people done when using CAST on multiple skis?

If you don't need the 18 DIN, you can buy Pivot 14's and save a little bit of money. You still end up with unused toes though.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    If you don't need the 18 DIN, you can buy Pivot 14's and save a little bit of money. You still end up with unused toes though.
    Good to know. Can you buy Pivot 12's?

Sure, but your friends will think you are a pussy if you don't have at least 14 DIN bindings. Even 14 is pushing it, so I'd stick with your original plan of 18's.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Sure, but your friends will think you are a pussy if you don't have at least 14 DIN bindings. Even 14 is pushing it, so I'd stick with your original plan of 18's.
    I was waiting for that. But the 12 or 14 heels will be lighter. My understanding is that you have to use P18 toes for cast correct? So there must be some difference to them besides din and metal/plastic

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    I was waiting for that. But the 12 or 14 heels will be lighter. My understanding is that you have to use P18 toes for cast correct? So there must be some difference to them besides din and metal/plastic
    You need the metal pedestal that only comes on the OG 15 din or the the 18 din.

^^^ or a few of the fks models that have the same metal pedestal.

IME all the heels weigh about the same.

Can you buy Pivot 18 heels?

Agree. The 12 and 14 heels do weigh the same. Just the spring tension is different. I don’t know about the 18.

About the pedestal, you can see the difference between viable (pivot 18 & FKS 155,180,185)

and not viable:

I use Binding Freedom inserts for the heel and the heel lifter plate. Works great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by snoboy View Post
    I use Binding Freedom inserts for the heel and the heel lifter plate. Works great so far.
    What heel lifter plate? Is that a CAST product? I didn't see anything on their website

Climbing bars

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by snoboy View Post
    That's what I'd probably do, although if they are skis requiring a brake width change thats a ton of fiddling.

If not just look for cheap used sets of 12/14s, they are out there.

Mount just the heel base plates. That way you can screw them to your skis, have the right brake width and only need to swap out the dildoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Mount just the heel base plates. That way you can screw them to your skis, have the right brake width and only need to swap out the dildoe.
    Mind blown.