WTB a Mammut refillable cylinder 2.0/3.0

If you got it and interested in selling please let me know. It’s my assumption that 3.0 and 2.0 cylinders are interchangeable so interested in cylinders that work for both systems.

I just got a pack from adrenalated and am stoked. Major props.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoySki View Post
    If you got it and interested in selling please let me know. It’s my assumption that 3.0 and 2.0 cylinders are interchangeable so interested in cylinders that work for both systems.

I just got a pack from adrenalated and am stoked. Major props.
    Your assumption is correct, both 2.0 and 3.0 cylinders are interchangeable. The guts are identical, only change is a cosmetic black plastic piece.

I've been looking too. Last I checked BC.com has them for 150.00. If you match that with an AJ rebate or sweet talk the customer service maybe you can do better.

I’m currently in Sweden until the new year. I don’t have access to bc. It’s not a rush but it’s so annoying cause the mammut cylinders are so much cheaper in Europe than they are in the states but I cant ship it to the US. It’s like €105 from websites here. I also can’t carry it back in my baggage.

Get the euro carbon. I would if I was in euro land

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Get the euro carbon. I would if I was in euro land

I can’t fly with it though. I looked at the regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoySki View Post
    I can’t fly with it though. I looked at the regulations.
    I believe you can if you send it empty? It just means you need to carry a high-pressure hand-pump to fill it when you land 'cause good luck finding someone who'll fill it. All of that said, I lost my empty cylinder when the TSA decided they didn't feel like following their own written policy, so YMMV. I've heard recommendations of packing any cylinder with paperwork telling the TSA agent who opens your bag what their own policy is (yeah, I know, ridiculous)

Should be able to fly with the metal one. just open it up before you head to the airport then fill in the US.

That’s what I can’t figure out. I have seen things where you can’t open it but some where you can.

IATA allows travel with a full cylinder (although airlines may decline to take it), TSA does not. TSA only permits empty cylinders with the top unscrewed. On the aluminum cylinders the top comes off, but mine required a lot of force to do so.

This has the details you need re: rules & regs: https://www.mammut.com/assets/downlo...DE_FR-2976.pdf

It says "The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) does notpermit the carrying of filled pressure cartridges on flightsarriving into or departing from the USA, or on internal flightswithin the USA.This regulation also applies to passengers transferringbetween flights in the USA.The TSA regulation can be found here:http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-informat...s-cylindersAny cartridge carried into the USA must be completelydischarged and the valve must be removed from the cartridge body for the security check.The following cartridges cannot therefore be transported tothe USA since after discharging they cannot be refilled locallyin the USA.– Cartridge Non-Refillable 300 Bar Steel– Carbon Cartridge Non-Refillable 300 Bar"

So, you can fly with an empty carbon cartridge, but won't be able to get it filled by a legit shop anywhere. Hence the need for a manual pump (not hard to do, but annoying to add to luggage and not cheap).

Would a 300bar pump bought in the states. Starting to think getting it here is the move and getting a carbon one.

Also thank you to everyone for the help and the time and effort put that you put into this. I really appreciate it. You guys are amazing.

Gonna need a bit more than 300 bar

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Air_V..._4500_PSI/7804

The carbon cylinders in Europe are filled with nitrogen a small problem

Check out this post: http://www.mammutavalanchesafety.com...with-hill.html

Mammut rep was the one who suggested refilling carbon cylinders using a handpump.

Probably also good to use the hand pump outside, during the winter, for less humidity going into the dessicant pack.

Doesn't the carbon cylinder have a different top, since it's not supposed to be user refillable? Can the top with the paintball fitting for the metal cylinder be used on the carbon one?

Quote Originally Posted by mrkbrnblm View Post
    Check out this post: http://www.mammutavalanchesafety.com...with-hill.html

Mammut rep was the one who suggested refilling carbon cylinders using a handpump.
    Maybe I'm missing something, but that's not how I read it...in the comments, this was the response to someone asking about refilling a carbon cylinder:

"No, you will not be able to refill that cartridge. Those require a crazy-involved apparatus to refill which, as far as I know, is only available in Europe. Consider that extra incentive to stay on the correct side of the snow!"

Sent from my SM-N970U using TGR Forums mobile app

I don't know crap about cylinders. But there's 2 ABS cylinders for nitrogen at my friends second hand shop. Are they worth it to grab and hook up mags or are they just boat anchors at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I don't know crap about cylinders. But there's 2 ABS cylinders for nitrogen at my friends second hand shop. Are they worth it to grab and hook up mags or are they just boat anchors at this point?
    Learning about a lot about them now. I know that for my system I need the mammut product but I think that you can use abs canisters with a lot of airbag systems. People always seemingly need them.