ISO Cheap Skis in Seattle for a big guy

I have given up trying to find tele boots that fit and am going back to the dark side after 30 years of free heels. I was going to mount up an old pair of Gottomas as my early season/ rock skis but now see they already have a lot of holes in them. I'm already buying two new(er) pair of skis, but looking for a pair to get on this weekend. I don't need bindings, and don't want bindings unless they are for tech toes. Looking for something 185-19x cm, 100+ at the waist and cheapish. What ya got. I need em for Friday, so looking for a local cash sale. I will be in Wenatchee this week so I suppose someone on the I-90 or SR-2 corridor could work as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by hortence View Post
    When I did twice the work for half the control, I was a whiny little bitch

ISO Cheap Skis in Seattle for a big guy

I have 2017 moment deathwish tours 106. 187s. They are going on gearswap soon. Mounted for dynafits at somewhere around 315mm. Send me a PM if your interested.

Located in West Seattle.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Telemahn View Post
    I have given up trying to find tele boots that fit and am going back to the dark side after 30 years of free heels. I was going to mount up an old pair of Gottomas as my early season/ rock skis but now see they already have a lot of holes in them. I'm already buying two new(er) pair of skis, but looking for a pair to get on this weekend. I don't need bindings, and don't want bindings unless they are for tech toes. Looking for something 185-19x cm, 100+ at the waist and cheapish. What ya got. I need em for Friday, so looking for a local cash sale. I will be in Wenatchee this week so I suppose someone on the I-90 or SR-2 corridor could work as well.
    I have what you want. 191 Movement Goliath in great shape. 1 set of holes. $75 obo. Live in Issaquah off I90.

I'll get in line for the Goliaths if Telemahn passes and you'll ship them.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I have what you want. 191 Movement Goliath in great shape. 1 set of holes. $75 obo. Live in Issaquah off I90.
    Wut?! I sorta miss them.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Wut?! I sorta miss them.
    You get 1st dibs if OP passes. I still think they're some of the best looking skis, but picked up some Enforcer 110s on the killer deal and have some Pro Rider 105s in similar condition that are going to fill my "cheap, burly" ski slot in the quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    You get 1st dibs if OP passes. I still think they're some of the best looking skis, but picked up some Enforcer 110s on the killer deal and have some Pro Rider 105s in similar condition that are going to fill my "cheap, burly" ski slot in the quiver.
    Thanks man but I’ll pass. Such a good ski tho...

How about some 191 hybrid Lhasa Pows? Currently mounted with color matched Atomic FFG 14s. Just the right amount of abuse to give you bro cred. Bonus, located in Wenatchee. $125, I will hand them to you in person

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    I have 2017 moment deathwish tours 106. 187s. They are going on gearswap soon. Mounted for dynafits at somewhere around 315mm. Send me a PM if your interested.

Located in West Seattle.

If Telemahn passes, I'm interested. Also located in West Seattle

Thanks Mags! I'm going for the Moments nickwm21, so the Goliaths are a pass for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by hortence View Post
    When I did twice the work for half the control, I was a whiny little bitch

Phatty, sending a pm regarding the Goliaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Telemahn View Post
    Thanks Mags! I'm going for the Moments nickwm21, so the Goliaths are a pass for me.
    187 tour layup? I thought you were a big dude?

Might start my own thread but thought I would just hijack this one for now. I'm likewise a big (more tall than anything else) guy looking for some relatively cheap skis for touring around this winter, I'm in CA for the year and left my normal rig back east. More concerned with the uphill than the downhill; sub 1700g per ski would be sweet, between 180cm and 190cm. Might have a line on some dynafits locally but a skis/bindings would be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMtnBob View Post
    Might start my own thread but thought I would just hijack this one for now. I'm likewise a big (more tall than anything else) guy looking for some relatively cheap skis for touring around this winter, I'm in CA for the year and left my normal rig back east. More concerned with the uphill than the downhill; sub 1700g per ski would be sweet, between 180cm and 190cm. Might have a line on some dynafits locally but a skis/bindings would be ideal.
    Little heavier than you were looking for (1850 g) but I have some second gen 4frnt ravens that are 190cm. Inserted for kingpins and alpinists (alpinits only add two extra inserts). $200. Can send pics if interested.

Salomon Rocker 2 109 (111mm underfoot in this length) at 191 length. 3 mounts, 1 for marker griffons, 1 for shifts (current mount) and not sure what the other one was. Top sheet has 2 delam spots that have been repaired with 24-hour epoxy, bases in good condition. Would let these go for cheap. PM if interested.

Love the Rocker 2s (those are my touring skis back east for the smaller hills) and the ravens look great but I'm planning to do some long tours around the high sierras and will probably end up kicking myself if I decide to get a heavy setup.
    Also forgot to mention initially that I've got 315 boots.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Phatty, sending a pm regarding the Goliaths.
    Tried to PM you but wasn't working. Will text tomorrow.

Thanks phatty... yep, my incoming pm's here are fucked somehow. Text is good anytime.

Got some 193 atomic big daddys for $60
    I am over on the eastside of the Lake near I-90

You realize this thread is 2 yrs old?

Fuck I’m a big guy in Seattle and I’m always looking ISO cheap skis. Keep the thread going.

192 BD Zealots 11/12 vintage... Have some jesters too I think..