Page 24 of 59 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Yeah agreed. Still have the backcountry. Guess I will head back east here in a week or so. Rogers/ golden/Rockies/ k country
    Agreed. Doesn't affect me negatively but I feel badly for the many people here for spring break.

It's going to impact me and a lot of others on ski instructing courses too. Looks like a season ender except for the BC.

Speaking of which, snapped a photo of some rando folks the other day...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0179.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	956.0 KB 
ID:	320320

Quote Originally Posted by thecazdog View Post
    It's going to impact me and a lot of others on ski instructing courses too. Looks like a season ender except for the BC.

Speaking of which, snapped a photo of some rando folks the other day...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0179.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	956.0 KB 
ID:	320320
    Thanks for the pic!

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    I don't see any path where it reopens. I also don't see a path where any other BC or AB resort stays open for very long
    Yep. I can't possibly see anything that could happen in the next week to make the scenario look any better.

definitely should've not bought a pass this year

Whistler 2019 - 2020

Vail should have just shut down the restaurants and kept the lifts running. Maybe limit the gondola passengers.

At the end of the day it's just skiing. It's not like the entire season was lost.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    At the end of the day it's just skiing. It's not like the entire season was lost.
    x 2...had a few good days at WB this year, the last one being last week with the family. Hoped for more spring days, but happy we got what we did. Looking forward to 20-21!
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

On the bright side, it’s the perfect opportunity to do that ‘pure’, self powered spearhead traverse you’ve always wanted to do! Car to car ftw!

I wonder if there will be much on-mountain ops activity? Would think some folks might jump at the chance to ski some PC terrain on the resort in midwinter conditions. I did see pics of tracks down from Peak (Don't Miss? Not sure) and Satisfaction a few weeks back.

It would be a great time to ski all those PC lines you always wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    On the bright side, it’s the perfect opportunity to do that ‘pure’, self powered spearhead traverse you’ve always wanted to do! Car to car ftw!
    that and the "Neve" would be a great shout

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    It would be a great time to ski all those PC lines you always wanted to.
    Maybe not actually, read that ops are still working, patrol on hill etc. Better to not cause them any grief.

what are they patrolling?

Quote Originally Posted by raypruit View Post
    So far the suspension is officially only through next weekend, right? We all know the mountains are not going to reopen, but they at least need to maintain that pretext that they could.

IF they are going to reopen they need to continue to do Avalanche Control, maintain rope lines, signage, cliff discs, and bamboo.
    IF they are going to close for the season all that rope, signage and bamboo needs to be collected.
    The crews that are still actively working on the mountain like lift maintenance, vehicle mechanics, building maintenance, cleaners etc all need first aid response, and Patrol are still on the hill to respond to that.

Well looks like bike season is just starting earlier. Can’t say that makes me unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveStream View Post
    IPL Live Streaming

Vivo IPL Live Streaming 2020 is the mega cricket competition which is expected to start from 23 March 2020 in India. IPL 2020 is said to involve 8 teams. All of these games will be broadcast on official television channels and live cricket sites.
    FUCK OFF

Powder stashes.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Whistler 2019 - 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Powder stashes.
    Standing guard on our PC lines.

Would be rad to be a patroller now if it snows.

Avalanche Canada cautioning that - "As always, accurate avalanche forecasts remains our priority. However, the early closure of many backcountry operations, in response to the COVID 19 pandemic, will soon affect our data stream. We are assessing this situation on a daily basis but are expecting an increase in our forecast uncertainty as these closures progress. Our Mountain Information Network (MIN) is going to become even more important than usual. We are actively encouraging all backcountry users to submit their observations. Even the most basic data will be helpful, so please consider posting to the MIN. We are also encouraging avalanche professionals to keep providing whatever data they have."

Quote Originally Posted by nickinbc View Post
    Avalanche Canada cautioning that - "As always, accurate avalanche forecasts remains our priority. However, the early closure of many backcountry operations, in response to the COVID 19 pandemic, will soon affect our data stream. We are assessing this situation on a daily basis but are expecting an increase in our forecast uncertainty as these closures progress. Our Mountain Information Network (MIN) is going to become even more important than usual. We are actively encouraging all backcountry users to submit their observations. Even the most basic data will be helpful, so please consider posting to the MIN. We are also encouraging avalanche professionals to keep providing whatever data they have."
    I use the MIN and post as much as possible For some reason many don't even though they're out. If you're unwilling to use the MIN to divulge locations simply put in a general location eg "Central Duffey". If you don't want to go through the litany of checkboxes understand that they're optional and you can file a "Quick Report" . If you feel intimidated about OGRS or technical language simply put what you want to say in plain language. Any information is better than none

Latest release from Vail regarding COVID-19:
    Dependent on the situation with COVID-19, and pending weather conditions, we will consider reopening Breckenridge in Colorado, Heavenly in Lake Tahoe and Whistler Blackcomb in British Columbia in late April/early May.
    Seems like wishful thinking, but at least there's hope!

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Latest release from Vail regarding COVID-19:

Seems like wishful thinking, but at least there's hope!
    I just can't see the lift ops, restaurant staff etc sticking around for a maybe spring opening. They are likely going home. WB is done for the season.