Page 34 of 59 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    Yep, me too. $351 Cnd refund coming to my credit card at some point since I bought my 20/21 Edge Card right when they went on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Yep, me too. $351 Cnd refund coming to my credit card at some point since I bought my 20/21 Edge Card right when they went on sale.
    Mine says it's a credit for 60% that I have to use by Sept. 7... I used 1 of 4 days on an Epic 4 day pass. Weird math but I'm ok with it.

Yeah, just got my credit through.

I'm kind of waiting to hear what their strategy is before committing. It's quite possible current restrictions of no more than 50 people in one place will still be in effect. I'd like to get a sense for how they plan to make that work.

There's also the chance of another outbreak in autumn or even ski season itself, which would be a disaster, possibly leaving pass holders out of pocket again.

Thanks all for the suggestions, that facebook group has been great. I forgot to ask, having checked out some neighborhoods in Squamish, can someone confirm how the Tacoma thing works there - do I get allocated mine when I move in or do you have to apply for it with a hydro bill in my name?

Quote Originally Posted by knowsam View Post
    Thanks all for the suggestions, that facebook group has been great. I forgot to ask, having checked out some neighborhoods in Squamish, can someone confirm how the Tacoma thing works there - do I get allocated mine when I move in or do you have to apply for it with a hydro bill in my name?
    Once you are seen leaving a restaurant wearing a toque with greasy looking hair sticking out the bottom, there's a guy who just hands you some keys. Use the FOB to find it in the Creekside parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    Just got mine, check your inboxes folks!
    My ‘personalized credit’ for next year was 20% plus the free cancellation insurance that everyone gets. I’m happy with that and think it’s pretty good of vail to offer anything really. Obviously covid was completely out of their control.

How they plan to run the lifts etc next year is another story. I just can’t see it working unless this virus thingy has completely blown over.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    How they plan to run the lifts etc next year is another story. I just can’t see it working unless this virus thingy has completely blown over.
    At first I was picturing them doing an opening just for season's pass holders as a means of discouraging people from traveling to the hill. But of course with the Epic Pass there are a lot of non-locals with season's passes.

It's been over a month since someone last tested positive for Covid in Whistler. It'll be interesting to see whether the increased crowds last and now this weekend is enough to reintroduce it to the community.

My ‘personalized credit’ for next year was 20% plus the free cancellation insurance that everyone gets. I’m happy with that and think it’s pretty good of vail to offer anything really. Obviously covid was completely out of their control.

This is the first time in my life I've been hoping Trump is correct and this just disappears "like a miracle."

Tourism is certainly going to be reduced, but I guess the question is how much of a difference that will make. The credit for next year is going to encourage lots of people to buy passes next year who might not otherwise. Social distancing protocols are probably going to result in longer lift lines overall, but the flip side is fewer skiers on the hills and, thus, powder preservation. Hopefully both mountains will be open.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Tourism is certainly going to be reduced, but I guess the question is how much of a difference that will make. The credit for next year is going to encourage lots of people to buy passes next year who might not otherwise. Social distancing protocols are probably going to result in longer lift lines overall, but the flip side is fewer skiers on the hills and, thus, powder preservation. Hopefully both mountains will be open.
    I think things will be a lot better by the time summer is over. There's a ton of human trials happening already for vaccines and treatments, and we now know that locking ourselves inside for a while does a pretty good job of stopping the spread.

I'm not worried about skiing next winter - it'll happen. Well, okay, maybe like 10% worried.

US/Canada border closed until at least June 21

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...ential-travel/

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    US/Canada border closed until at least June 21

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...ential-travel/
    Would like to see it extended until November 4, and then we'll see how things are looking down south.

They seem to be pretty liberal with credits. I didn't even buy a Edge card this past season and only skied 1 day at Whistler on a Buddy Pass from an Epic Pass friend. Somehow I got a personalized credit for $115. No idea why, but now I'm thinking of getting an Edge card for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Would like to see it extended until November 4, and then we'll see how things are looking down south.
    My prediction is that the border will reopen on June 21st barring any upticks in the number of infections in the U.S. which is certainly possible with all the stupidity going around.

Whistler 2019 - 2020

I’m thinking the bike park has a better chance of opening. Riding up open chairs seems very low risk. They load 2 per chair anyway don’t they? Lower risk than going to a grocery store.

If there is any sort of uploading reduction for ski season though that’ll suck. If there’s pow, people will show up. The lift lines could be a non starter.

I’m thinking the bike park has a better chance of opening. Riding up open chairs seems very low risk. They load 2 per chair anyway don’t they? Lower risk than going to a grocery store.

If there is any sort of uploading reduction for ski season though that’ll suck. If there’s pow, people will show up. The lift lines could be a non starter.
    4 at a time except for Garbo which varies depending on how many lifties. But they could switch to 2, just with longer lines.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    I'd like to see it extended in the other direction until at least mid-December. It'd be nice to have a quiet first month of deep pow at Baker.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    They seem to be pretty liberal with credits. I didn't even buy a Edge card this past season and only skied 1 day at Whistler on a Buddy Pass from an Epic Pass friend. Somehow I got a personalized credit for $115. No idea why, but now I'm thinking of getting an Edge card for next season.
    Lol, you just answered your own question.
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    Lol, you just answered your own question.
    What I mean is that I didn't have a pass, so I didn't fit the definition of the who would get the credit. My total spend at Whistler this year was less than the credit they gave me. I know they want me to get the pass, but it doesn't make much financial sense. Especially with everything else going on.

Horstman tbar is being dug up right now. Currently no plans for replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    This is one of the worst pieces of news I've heard regarding Whistler. Such a bummer.

Boo!

Yeah, goodies are great, until ya have an infectious disease crisis.
    Open air chairs look damn good in comparison, but alas they got rid of the last one and replaced it w the breakdown gondola.

Yet another reason for
    ---Uphill travel---

Let me skin up to Excel/Garbo

Reduce the line at the base

Whats the over/under on the Vail/WB even opening next season?
    Theres a good chance its a no go.
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Fucking climate change man
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    Fucking climate change man
    Whistler master plan has a tram or some shit going from Rendezvous to top of 7th so maybe it's time to get cracking on that. Or the Showcase Gondola (!) complete with a tunnel (under the stupids?) to Blackcomb Glacier. Plans also always had Horstman and Showcase T-Bars coming out at some point.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/fa..._blackcomb.pdf