Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    I just can't see the lift ops, restaurant staff etc sticking around for a maybe spring opening. They are likely going home. WB is done for the season.
    I don't think there's much chance, but even if there is I bet it will be very limited due to the reasons you mention.

Plus it sure doesn’t seem likely things are going to be improving by late April.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04D53D6B-74FB-4AEF-9924-630B77BA17CC.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	333.1 KB 
ID:	320772

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    I just can't see the lift ops, restaurant staff etc sticking around for a maybe spring opening. They are likely going home. WB is done for the season.
    It is going to be 'interesting' for all resorts that usually operate in summer for biking, hiking and sightseeing. They have to plan for re-opening again sometime, but when is the HUGE issue.

Or maybe by the time this is over everyone in the tourist industry will have gone bust and the problem will be on the management of the new operators of the businesses that get bought up instead of liquidated.

Whistler may open briefly in April, depending on the degree to which you trust and rely on Vail Inc.

https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/wh...t?oid=15176625

I don't think anyone should bank on lift skiing again this spring, and tbh, I bet summer ops gets canned too, or at least half of it.

I hope they let us carry over edge card days. Bought this thing solely for a march break trip.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    I hope they let us carry over edge card days. Bought this thing solely for a march break trip.
    Same. I've only got two days left, but it would be nice to use them. Thing is I planned on buying an Epic Pass next season, so it won't do me much good if they honor unused Edge Card days next season. Although considering the possibility of COVID-19 returning it might be best to hold off on going for the Epic Pass. I'll betcha early sales of passes is waaay down.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Plus it sure doesn’t seem likely things are going to be improving by late April.

Name:	04D53D6B-74FB-4AEF-9924-630B77BA17CC.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	333.1 KB 
ID:	320772
    Rate of increase of cases in BC was at about 22%. Today it jumped to 32%

Would be surprising if summer ops are going in May, just can't see it based on the current outlook. Scary times, not sure why there wasn't an immediate mass exodus to YVR > SYD... instead of you know, partying on fucking Alta lake.

hey Lee HBM is still open and the weather is beautiful !

BTW Sean was advertising a trip on FB, could be touring or any course you want or WTF I assume they had a group cancel

According to the MRI, meniscus & ACL are fucked no idea if/when I can get it cut on
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    hey Lee HBM is still open and the weather is beautiful !

BTW Sean was advertising a trip on FB, could be touring or any course you want or WTF I assume they had a group cancel

According to the MRI, meniscus & ACL are fucked no idea if/when I can get it cut on
    There's no way I'm getting on a plane Al. And no way I'm going to a backcountry hut with people I don;t know

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    There's no way I'm getting on a plane Al. And no way I'm going to a backcountry hut with people I don;t know
    yeah I thot the same thing, even if you know them that doesnt mean anything

looking out the window at the ski hill on a blue bird day

in any case my knee is saving me from myslef !

Duffey – north of Pemberton

Rohr

We had the blessings of bluebird skies following a cold dump of snow in late January. This covered up alder nicely and made it possible to get top to bottom 1000m shots of the S-facing Rohr avalanche chutes. Timing is crucial for these lines and we got lucky with the timing for our two laps

Name:	DSC07942.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	110.3 KB 
ID:	320918

Name:	DSC07947.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	320919

Name:	DSC07966.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	169.5 KB 
ID:	320920

Name:	DSC08010.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	221.7 KB 
ID:	320921

Name:	DSC08036.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	217.4 KB 
ID:	320922

Name:	IMG_4093.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	234.8 KB 
ID:	320923

Name:	IMG_4117.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	185.2 KB 
ID:	320924

Wow, beautiful, Lee!

So much great South facing terrain out there. Just always a little spicier!

Duffey – north of Pemberton

Rohr

Name:	IMG_4117.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	185.2 KB 
ID:	320924
    Wow, Adrian did two laps! Must have been as good as it looks. :-)

It was certified terrible on the Duffey today. For us anyway. I think i'm out until it snows again.

they suspended airtravel any ways so no way to get here

Haida Gwai is also shut down

lifts are spinning at the hill but no food no rentals no ski school no bus service

HBM have had a really tough year, later openning due to no snow/ another extended lift breakdown just like when you folks were last here / high wind shut downs/ a couple of cat breakdowns and now this

Any news on Edge Card refunds. I see policy for "lift tickets" are eligible for refunds, Season Pass and Epic Day Pass not eligible. Nothing for Edge Cards is stated in what I've found so far.

Quote Originally Posted by unclebill View Post
    Any news on Edge Card refunds. I see policy for "lift tickets" are eligible for refunds, Season Pass and Epic Day Pass not eligible. Nothing for Edge Cards is stated in what I've found so far.
    I mean, they gotta just carry them over, no? You buy the card, it's good for x number of days in the season. Season start and end times can change, we all get that, but shutting down 2 months early because of a deadly disease sweeping the globe is a wacky situation for everyone.

Lets honour those unused days, make next season rock, and we can get back to spending all of our money on skiing again in 2021-22.

I mean, they gotta just carry them over, no? You buy the card, it's good for x number of days in the season. Season start and end times can change, we all get that, but shutting down 2 months early because of a deadly disease sweeping the globe is a wacky situation for everyone.

Lets honour those unused days, make next season rock, and we can get back to spending all of our money on skiing again in 2021-22.
    I guess it's just the 2 of us. So not too costly to reimburse us somehow, but I guess not too much risk of pissing off too many if they don't. I filled out the online refund request form and wait I guess.

http://www.leelau.net/sharonandlee/w...oth-mountains/

WB hasn't put the fine detail map on the site yet so I grabbed the PDF and marked it up. If you stay mellow it'll be a good way to get out and stretch legs without getting too close to people. Hoping people use good judgment here

Full marked up map as attachment. Right click to grab itClick image for larger version. 

Name:	GaribaldiParkAccessRoutes190203_v2markup.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	3.07 MB 
ID:	321329

Quote Originally Posted by unclebill View Post
    I guess it's just the 2 of us. So not too costly to reimburse us somehow, but I guess not too much risk of pissing off too many if they don't. I filled out the online refund request form and wait I guess.
    I'm in the same boat, still have 3 days to use. The online form specifically said "not for edge cards or epic passes" - Curious what they come back to you with, keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    I'm in the same boat, still have 3 days to use. The online form specifically said "not for edge cards or epic passes" - Curious what they come back to you with, keep us posted.
    Do you have a link to that form. The one I found says does not apply to season and epic day passes. no mention of edge cards
    Last edited by unclebill; 03-20-2020 at 06:05 PM.

Hopefully the uphill routes don’t result in hundreds of citiot turds (like me) driving up there to ski and get #socialdistancing selfies.

I wouldn’t count on Edge/season pass refunds but can’t hurt to try. Maybe they will do deposits against 2021.