Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1461
    Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    nice one! I think they just awarded the contract for the segment from Green River RR crossing towards Rutherford too. I did the full Sproatt alpine loop yesterday out to Ninja, Graham, definitely don't have to worry too much about being alone! I was riding out of function by 7:45am and there were already a couple of guys on the return when I was at the Hanging/Rainbow junction. Such an awesome network, the Rainbow Mtn views on ninja are exquisite. It's a big one though, I was 50km, 2700m of climbing, 6.5 hours round trip out of the interpretive parking lot. Flowers are firing on Pot of Gold, slopes filled with colour.
    Nice one dude! Saw your Strava post, wow 2,700m that is huge, I had estimated less. Definitely not as fit as you but pretty sure I can do the Ninja loop and have the option to bail at LOTS instead of Happy Hour etc. I've ridden LOTS gassed before and it was fine. Was gonna try for Wednesday but it's look chilly so will have to wait until back from the interior. Cool to see all the different trail development up there, Sproatt, the south side big loop toward Cheakamus lake, the S2S work etc.

Savage Ride Todd!

I’m thinking of skipping the season’s pass this year and focusing instead on touring and learning to get better on a sled in the mountains. Other than go a lot, anyone recommend an outfit that offers lessons or otherwise helps expedite the learning curve? My last experiences on a sled only taught me that I have a lot to learn and I want to learn the right way. Closer to Squamish the better.

Quote Originally Posted by knowsam View Post
    I’m thinking of skipping the season’s pass this year and focusing instead on touring and learning to get better on a sled in the mountains. Other than go a lot, anyone recommend an outfit that offers lessons or otherwise helps expedite the learning curve? My last experiences on a sled only taught me that I have a lot to learn and I want to learn the right way. Closer to Squamish the better.
    "She shreds"- based on the south coast sounds like good starting point for you! lol

Quote Originally Posted by knowsam View Post
    I’m thinking of skipping the season’s pass this year and focusing instead on touring and learning to get better on a sled in the mountains.
    A lot of people of thinking along the same lines for this season. I’m hearing backcountry gear is selling fast. So whatever gear you want you better lock it down now!

They better build more parking on the Duffey... Big queues at the S2S gondola if it's cold and snowing?

this one flew under the radar, someone mentioned it to me the other day, but Vail offloaded Crankworx...surprised it wasn't picked up by mtb media

https://whistlerblackcombstaff.insid...20world%2Dwide.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    this one flew under the radar, someone mentioned it to me the other day, but Vail offloaded Crankworx...surprised it wasn't picked up by mtb media

https://whistlerblackcombstaff.insid...20world%2Dwide.
    Is it basically just sold to the guy/s who are currently running it?
    Good idea for those guys, they grew the hell out of a brand and hopefully can keep it all going.

Rode LOTS and the Ninja loop. Was pretty cooked after. Was already feeling the day before and climbing out of function did help things (nor did some bullshit emergency work as im trying to leave) Definitely didn't have the legs/time for happy hour as well.

Rumour mill- hill may not open if border is closed and they can’t sell enough passes....that is all...

Any other insiders with viable info?

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Rumour mill- hill may not open if border is closed and they can’t sell enough passes....that is all...

Any other insiders with viable info?
    My current paranoid thought is that take our pass money and do open. But only open like magic chair and Fitz. Only as a way out of activating the covid clause in the pass insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    My current paranoid thought is that take our pass money and do open. But only open like magic chair and Fitz. Only as a way out of activating the covid clause in the pass insurance.
    That would be worse than not opening at all!

Always read the fine print. Grouse Mountain Ski School had a clause about refunds if closed due to weather but the mountain was always open no matter how hard it was raining.

Canada - US border will remain closed until September 21.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

This is 100% my fear - my wife and I live local and haven't bought a seasons, even with the discount, because I'm afraid of- one mountain, just creekside up, only red green, garbanzo and, maybe, peak. Every powder day is a socially isolated shit show, one family group at a time....

You know things are bad when you ask about sledding in August and get told to plan early....

Rick at OneCutMedia just released a trip up to the blackcomb glacier ice cave. Pretty cool to see it in the summer! Quite impressed by how it holds up with the rocks pilled up on top like that. I wonder what the chances are of that collapsing in the winter? Not sure about drinking that water in those streams either!

I just(finally) moved to vancouver.

What are the options for summer turns on the coast mountains? My bases need to get wet.

Also I need to pick a mountain to get a pass with my beginner GF. I really don't care for skiing resorts, I pretty much only backcountry. I spent my last few season around roger's pass, 93N and kootenays. When ikon came out I got it and ended up using it 3 times at revelstoke out of my 437 days on snow season. We need a budget oriented resort so she can get lots of practice. Decent's skiing with sidecountry access would be a bonus for me.

Cypress

437 days on snow season. Seems legit.

Maybe he meant runs?

Days. Yes I am that rad.

Cypress looks like a great deal. What's the the take on the difference between Cypress Grouse and Seymour?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

been awhile since I was there but seymour is the flatest, grouse has the best terrain in my memory, I seem to remember more side hills and flatness at cypress, they are all about the same elevation/ get the same snow

Grouse is closer than cypress to surrey where I lived, you take the tram up to the skiing instead of driving all the way up to a P-lot at ski hill level so it was faster for me to get up there and grouse seemed to get more of my money than the other 2

its gona be warmer/wetter in vangroovy, +5 in town is marginal for skiing,

+2 and raining hard will be an awesume day

the north shore is where extreme mtn biking was born
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Must have been a leap year

seymour and grouse have better parks but as far as terrain and slackcountry goes, cypress is the best of the north short mtns. people knock the north shore but after taking crowds and the drive into consideration there are days where i'd rather have been there than at whis.

free reign on cypress after covid closed the lifts:

what are ppl thinking about the upcoming season? upside is no international tourists, potential downside is way more lower mainland visitors "working from home" and i could see vail closing terrain in response to decreased ticket sales. i normally get an edge card but am thinking of springing for a pass this year.

Having a family & career way back-in-the-day the time & money to go all the way to whistler was less feasable but going to grouse was not much different than going to work

Whistler needs staff, the restaurants need staff, the hotels need staff, then they all need the paying customers, so all the people they need are mostly international so where are these people gona come from is what I don't see ?
    Last edited by XXX-er; 08-23-2020 at 04:28 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know