Page 17 of 59 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I guess the situation was a powder day and that was the only lift running in the Back Bowls. If you've been to Vail you know the issue with the High Noon lift is there's no other way out. Sort of like Symphony on Whistler.
    A 15-20 minute hike from Symphony gets you back to to Burnt Stew trail. (800-900m distance w 75m elevation gain)
    To hike out from that lift to the closest lift (with a 45 minute wait) would be 2.5 kms with 400 meters of elevation gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    A 15-20 minute hike from Symphony gets you back to to Burnt Stew trail. (800-900m distance w 75m elevation gain)
    To hike out from that lift to the closest lift (with a 45 minute wait) would be 2.5 kms with 400 meters of elevation gain.
    I got stuck in a lineup at that lift a couple years ago but it was probably half that size.

You're right, Symphony isn't a perfect analogy, but it's the closest equivalent at WB.

You're right, Symphony isn't a perfect analogy, but it's the closest equivalent at WB.
    There were tons of comments like "I'd just ski down and go home" and "Just walk back out"
    I"m not knocking your Symphony analogy, I just wanted the WB guys to know its not that easy of walk for many.
    And if the other lift was not running, it would be more like walking out from Decker Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    There were tons of comments like "I'd just ski down and go home" and "Just walk back out"
    I"m not knocking your Symphony analogy, I just wanted the WB guys to know its not that easy of walk for many.
    And if the other lift was not running, it would be more like walking out from Decker Lake.
    Like skiing down blackcomb glacier but you can't get out the rescue road at the bottom?
    Saturday blue bird pow day close to a metro area in one of the biggest name resorts and people are suprised its busy? This is just what skiing is. I remember 10 years ago some chaotic saturday pow days up here. It just doesn't really change. I just hope for mid week storms (sorry Grahmbo et al)

Question, can you make it to Secret Bowl without taking Horstman T-Bar or 7th Heaven? Like from Glacier or top of Showcase?

yes. its a sidestep / bootpack from glacier however, I dont think its any easier from showcase.

I was talking about this with someone last week. I'm almost positive you could get there from top of glacier when glacier first opened, but all my buddies say I'm crazy and it was never possible.

Whistler 2019 - 2020

Haven’t done it in a few years but you definitely could... unless the glacier changed a lot?

And those Whistler Freeride Kids are amazing. That Ryder kid (15?) shreds hard on a mountain bike too, stuff like the Governator and Saurkraut. So smooth on Air Jordan there.

Whistler 2019 - 2020

Anyone done a time study on hiking up to top of jersey after exiting the coulior for another lap? Versus skiing down to jersey and riding up chair. I saw a dude do that recently. He wanted another coulior lap real bad I guess. He just boot packed up to the top of jersey to get back to 7th ASAP.

Whistler was a killer mountain and town 20 years ago when i was in college. Went back 2 years ago and was highly disappointed. Couldnt afford a room in town even though i make 10X what i did 20 years ago and the town is full of yuppies. Basically vail now. Will stick with revelstoke or red.

Quote Originally Posted by pman View Post
    Will stick with revelstoke or red.
    good

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Anyone done a time study on hiking up to top of jersey after exiting the coulior for another lap? Versus skiing down to jersey and riding up chair. I saw a dude do that recently. He wanted another coulior lap real bad I guess. He just boot packed up to the top of jersey to get back to 7th ASAP.
    Straightline it down the couloir and you can eliminate most of the hike back up to Jersey

Bumping this one more time. Mega discount for some Coast Range locals to jump on a trip at whitecap. Savy and strong crew. 1000cad for three spots open. Loosely guided with Marty at Capow and catered. Feb15-22.

PM if interested.

Straightline it down the couloir and you can eliminate most of the hike back up to Jersey
    Depends on your risk tolerance/ willingness to annihilate little kids who get in your way

Quote Originally Posted by MeatHeadEC View Post
    Bumping this one more time. Mega discount for some Coast Range locals to jump on a trip at whitecap. Savy and strong crew. 1000cad for three spots open. Loosely guided with Marty at Capow and catered. Feb15-22.

PM if interested.
    See PM

Quote Originally Posted by MeatHeadEC View Post

PM if interested.
    PM Sent

Have an opportunity to come out the first week of April with my GF (who will be in town for work), so will have free lodging somewhere in Whistler village and comp tickets. That's a no brainer, right? Worried about snow that time of year, but your season has been good so far so a full base should be in place for spring skiing if nothing else?

Sorry for the JONG questions but honestly don't know anything about whistler besides the fact that it's big and rains at the base

April is sweet most of the time. Can rain, can also snow big amounts and deliver uncrowded goods. Original assessment of no-brainerness accurate.

free lodging and free tickets? this is even a question?? sounds like a free vacation in a rad mountain town, what's to question?

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    free lodging and free tickets? this is even a question?? sounds like a free vacation in a rad mountain town, what's to question?
    I like skiing in Utah

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    April is sweet most of the time. Can rain, can also snow big amounts and deliver uncrowded goods. Original assessment of no-brainerness accurate.
    figured, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    I like skiing in Utah
    Utahistehghey

Worried about snow that time of year, but your season has been good so far so a full base should be in place for spring skiing if nothing else?
    Don't be worried. It's a great time of the year to ski at Whistler. I go up almost every year the first week in April and it's almost always awesome.

Early April is awesome. Even if it isn’t deep pow (and it can be) there’s no one skiing and it’s a relaxed vibe compared to the busy times.

That's a no brainer, right?
    Right.