Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin267 View Post
    Everyone's different but I wouldn't worry too much about water, 1.7 would be plenty. That would be a great first ride in pemby.
    Agreed. Starting hydrated is key. Chug a liter on the way from whis to pemby, and its a 1 water bottle ride no problem. Unless you're like my girlfriend. she will drink a full 3L camelbak on that ride for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I’m the puppeteer
    Nah, it's just that I would give my left arm to be Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I’m the puppeteer
    Well, you definitely have a body part shoved somewhere...

https://www.straight.com/covid-19-pa...ern-canada-and

good artical on how covid got to BC & whistler from yurp/ easterna canada & washington and how they handled it
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    Bullshit.
    Americans are a clear and present danger to the health of Canadian citizens.
    Prejudice- yer god damn right.

America is a shit show, it's like 9/11 every 2nd day, mass geronticide.
    Don't come light up a match in my house while yer still burning your own down.
    Washington State-same 400ish new cases today as the 3rd week of March---fail.
    Italy, Spain, Germany, all with fewer new daily cases than Canada, they got it together, so can we.
    Canadian vigilance can get us to 0 cases, hopefully in 4-6 weeks.

Until the US can contact trace every case I don't want to see a single visitor.
    No yankees till at least 2021 at this rate.
    Whistler needs tourists to survive, especially the yanks (our brothers).

Quit being an @$$hole.
    Last edited by bizkitgto; 06-23-2020 at 08:51 PM. Reason: spelling

What a dumpster fire this thing has become...

I for one will be thrilled to share turns, a beverage and even a hut trip with our American friends, but only once it's safe to do so. I hope that's sooner than later although the important trends in some places make that a tricky question. I wish everyone the best of outcomes as swiftly as possible.

We don't even know yet when Dr. Henry will call game on for phase 3. If it's not soon, we won't even open on the 29th anyways!

If our tight knit riding community can't find solidarity in this madness, we have much to be concerned about.

Now go ride something cool, wherever you're from.

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post

I for one will be thrilled to share turns, a beverage and even a hut trip with our American friends, but only once it's safe to do so. I hope that's sooner than later although the important trends in some places make that a tricky question. I wish everyone the best of outcomes as swiftly as possible.

We don't even know yet when Dr. Henry will call game on for phase 3. If it's not soon, we won't even open on the 29th anyways!

If our tight knit riding community can't find solidarity in this madness, we have much to be concerned about.

Yup. I want to visit my friends in the US and see their trails in Tokul, Kettle Valley WA or New Mexico etc. I want to show them ski tours in Rogers Pass or Whistler or New Denver or the trails I've worked in Whistler and Vancouver. But all in good time

Word is that the EU is planning to ban U.S. travelers indefinitely, so now Trudeau has even more ammunition (if he needed it) to keep the borders closed. What a shit show. Yesterday the U.S. recorded the third most new cases of COVID-19 since this started.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post

Canada's 'success' is mostly due to the explicit social distancing afforded by being the second largest land mass in the world with only 35 M people.
    You're completely ignorant.
    90% of Canadians live within an hrs drive of the US.
    Thats why we don't wanna see yankees, the last place to move out of harsh restrictions is at the US border near Windsor.

Canada hasn't been successful, take Quebec as a country, and it'd be one of the worst in the world.
    Still Canada is better in comparison to the train wreck to the S.
    Canada will welcome visitors from Europe/Aus/New Zealand/Asia, where reasonable measures have been taken.

America is an island indefinitely, thanks to the wall Covid built, just like Trump wanted.
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Thats why we don't wanna see yankees, the last place to move out of harsh restrictions is at the US border near Windsor.

Canada hasn't been successful, take Quebec as a country, and it'd be one of the worst in the world.
    Canada will welcome visitors from Europe/Aus/New Zealand/Asia, where reasonable measures have been taken.

America is an island indefinitely, thanks to the wall Covid built, just like Trump wanted.
    See Rest of the World! We have raging morons in Canada too (not you Maximus - but puregravity whom you quoted)

Maybe he really is playing 4D chess? Nah...on second thought he's just an imbecile.

Completely Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    See Rest of the World! We have raging morons in Canada too (not you Maximus - but puregravity whom you quoted)
    Raging Moron.
    Last edited by puregravity; 06-25-2020 at 12:26 AM. Reason: spelling and grammar

and still you fucked it up
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

C'mon now, I'm just stirring the pot. But I did get a msg on insta this morning from a skier in Vancouver lamenting their lack of easy access drive-to-snow opportunities like the end of 542 currently affords.

Hang in there, northern buddies. We'll get through this - my county just went to Phase 3 and we're along I-90 where the Puget Powder Techs recreate perpetually

Perfectly said.

So we all social distance, wear a mask, not lick our fingers, what's the difficulty with that?
    Open the place up.
    Take sensible precautions and get back to normal.
    Being outdoors is probably the best thing for everyone's health at this point.

Data, please.

Also kind of silly to exclude a whole chunk of an area to make a point. Quebec is part of Canada, and isn't' a country, so they don't get counted as such. Canada as a whole (because that's what Canada is) has been doing quite well with this pandemic, actually.

Name:  daily_cases.PNG
Views: 481
Size:  27.6 KB

Name:  daily_deaths.PNG
Views: 404
Size:  32.8 KB

Keep in mind testing has increased significantly as well - so less cases with more testing is great news. Starting to look pretty good to me...

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Hang in there, northern buddies. We'll get through this - my county just went to Phase 3 and we're along I-90 where the Puget Powder Techs recreate perpetually
    It's only a matter of time before that gets rolled back to phase 1 or 2. It's ridiculous that any county is opening up in any way. Shut the whole goddamn state back down, morons can't be trusted to be responsible.

This thread makes it seem like the virus has turned Canadians into their own version of the Trump base. Pretty soon your politicians will be running on a slogan of building a wall with America. Pretty comical.

This thread has gotten saucy! Gimme some of that Sushi village agadashi sauce!!

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    This thread has gotten saucy! Gimme some of that Sushi village agadashi sauce!!
    May as well get a Dumbo too, this one looks set to go into extra innings.

May as well get a Dumbo too, this one looks set to go into extra innings.
    Lol! Back in my youth I drank a Dumbo to myself in a sitting....totally hosered, Buttaflake would approve... lol
    Last edited by teamdirt; 06-25-2020 at 10:00 PM.

I know anyone from anywhere can post.
    Why have the majority of posts been from
    out of country on this thread? Stay home, especially if your cases are spiking (Washington), Ski or M/B your home mountains in the U S of A.
    Stay out of Whistler

Things are not in control locally, or in North America, or globally.
    It is going to take a miracle to get the infection numbers back down to levels that could be managed once everything opens up.
    In 3 months, the flu and cold season will start, the weather will keep people inside more, and patios will become more-or-less empty in Northern Hemispheres.
    Patios and parks seem to be the only space that is actually safe for community and social engagement.
    There is a very real probability that wave 2 in the fall will be worse.
    Are we ready for that reality?

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Things are not in control locally, or in North America, or globally.
    It is going to take a miracle to get the infection numbers back down to levels that could be managed once everything opens up.
    In 3 months, the flu and cold season will start, the weather will keep people inside more, and patios will become more-or-less empty in Northern Hemispheres.
    Patios and parks seem to be the only space that is actually safe for community and social engagement.
    There is a very real probability that wave 2 in the fall will be worse.
    Are we ready for that reality?
    OK, doomer.

"going to take a miracle" haha - or just the majority of people wearing masks inside enclosed spaces? And those who can work from home continue to do so? Kind of like what is happening right now? And making that graph get smaller and smaller?

We'll be fine, stop worrying about everything.