Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Having apres'd in europe i think its sweet that there is something euroish going on. Its cool if you wanna sit down and drink quiet beers, but some people love getting fucked up in the afternoons after skiing. I can't imagine ever going there now, but used to love Savage Beagle apres back in the basement. The GLC can fuck right off and it doesn't really interfere with the dubhlinn too much from my experience.

Anyway, been a great couple of weeks. Not sure where everyone was the past few days but the skiing has been great, 0 crowds in the backcountry, except yesterday where there was oddly 30+ people on the ridge/face between vista bowl and spearhead.

Wow that's scary, glad everyone was ok. I don't know much about helis, sounds like roll-over on landing is often caused by a skid getting stuck on a rock/ice while there is still power from the rotor which causes it to roll-over?

re: Apres, yeah Longhorn is cheese wannabe Vegas style with the champagne guns etc. but at least it keeps it contained. I don't mind the tunes/atmosphere walking by at the end of the day, brings some energy to the village. I would absolutely not be stoked to own a condo in the Carleton or an adjoining business though. I like Handlebar for apres, great beer list and food, good ski atmosphere... note you must have Black Crows of 4FRNT Hoji/Renegade skis to be allowed in .

Raypruit/sclurit let's see some Tantalus stoke after you guys are up there!

Will be there Mar 23-26. First time. Should I jump into one of those PR meet-ups that take you around the mountain to get oriented?

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Will be there Mar 23-26. First time. Should I jump into one of those PR meet-ups that take you around the mountain to get oriented?
    Yes - make sure you go in the "intermediate" group too so you can gopro some sweet gaper footage for us.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Yes - make sure you go in the "intermediate" group too so you can gopro some sweet gaper footage for us.
    Take a lap jong.

Considering the overall size of the two mountains I feel like WB is fairly easy to navigate. Just spend some time getting familiar with the trail map and you'll be in good shape. Make sure that if you're skiing Whistler your last run of the day takes you back to the correct base area (Whistler Village or Creekside) otherwise you'll be busing it!

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Considering the overall size of the two mountains I feel like WB is fairly easy to navigate. Just spend some time getting familiar with the trail map and you'll be in good shape. Make sure that if you're skiing Whistler your last run of the day takes you back to the correct base area (Whistler Village or Creekside) otherwise you'll be busing it!
    Thanks man. Fairmont means stay to the right all the way down I suppose.

Fairmont means blackcomb on the way down or, if you want to ski out whistler, stay right generally and a 15 min walk from the village to the upper village. Getting it wrong on blackcomb is a short walk, getting it wrong on whistler is a bus.

Quote Originally Posted by knowsam View Post
    Fairmont means blackcomb on the way down or, if you want to ski out whistler, stay right generally and a 15 min walk from the village to the upper village.
    Or take the Excalibur gondola to the mid-station and ski down to the Fairmont from Base 2. Excalibur runs longer than the other lifts because it serves the tube park, so you can even ride it out of the village after apres.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Take a lap jong.
    Lol, I'm not the one wearing a go pro to a mountain ambassador tour.

FYI lower excalibur is open later to get you back to base 2 if you wish to partake in some apres activities in the village. Worst case, the walk back to blackcomb isn't too bad, less so when mildly inebriated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3788a.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	667.0 KB 
ID:	317946Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3794a.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	637.7 KB 
ID:	317947

^^^ yes boss!

I'd go further and say the walk to upper village is actually pretty nice in good weather - I'd encourage it over Excalibur.

It's a nice walk, but I'd say on the long side when you're carrying skis and wearing ski boots.

Fairmont has their own vehicles to shuttle you around no need to walk like a peasant

They managed to keep that pretty quiet, given it happened on monday.

Quote Originally Posted by robbo mcs View Post
    They managed to keep that pretty quiet, given it happened on monday.
    Not really. Been everywhere up here. Pique/Chief/FB groups etc...

Whats with all the Saturday pow days this year. what a load of shit!

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    YES I FINALLY GET TO POST THE ONE AND ONLY WHISTLER MEME!!!! Seriously, though I've been waiting all year to post it.

When you and your friend are on Expressway and skiing down to different places:

Name:	When you and your friend are on expressway and skiing down to different places.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	318142

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post

Whats with all the Saturday pow days this year. what a load of shit!
    I know right. Total waste of pow. At least alpine opened pretty early. I knocked off a few fresh laps. Went in for a bite at 11 intending to go for a tour. Came out to see glacier line so freaking bad I just went home for a nap.

Saw insta posts of insane traffic on Sea to Sky. What’s up this year, Epic pass holders from lower mainland? Edge card plebs (like me this year) itching to use days because Nov/Dec were stinkers?

Snow looked good at least. Just got back from biking in the desert, hope more is on the way.

A sample of the Leap Day Pow from yesterday. Was a great morning as we stayed ahead of the crowds.

https://youtu.be/RfElboa8uSE
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    A sample of the Leap Day Pow from yesterday. Was a great morning as we stayed ahead of the crowds.

https://youtu.be/RfElboa8uSE
    Nice. Symphony headwall can hold some decent turns.
    Gramboh, i think your spot on. The blackout weekends almost have the opposite effect, quiet on those weekends, but the other weekends are crazy. I was going to try yesterday, but late night at work then saw the lift line times in the app and flagged it.
    Gramboh its been dead during the week, so maybe more city folk bough

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Raypruit/sclurit let's see some Tantalus stoke after you guys are up there!
    will do , just praying snow gods let up later this week and the forecast is right for a clear ish Sunday , seems Squamish getting more snow than whistler up high , so could be epic

Cowboy Ridge. MIN report posted re conditions. Skied out Singing Pass in 35 mins - it's running about as good as ever seen it

Name:	sharoboe2DSC00012.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	191.4 KB 
ID:	318337