Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Whistler master plan has a tram or some shit going from Rendezvous to top of 7th so maybe it's time to get cracking on that.
    Pretty sure we're not going to see much in the way of capital improvements for a few years.

Why do you have to skin to Garbo, there is still Fitz for chairlift Base access on Whistler

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Pretty sure we're not going to see much in the way of capital improvements for a few years.
    I'm fine with that. We don't need anymore brokeass gondolas. Or two lifts going up spankies!

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/fa..._blackcomb.pdf

Just saw Vail CEO Rob Katz sent out a letter to employees stating resorts will open up in late June or early July, so that's exciting news.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Why do you have to skin to Garbo, there is still Fitz for chairlift Base access on Whistler
    The idea is that by keeping the bottom chairs shuttered, folks who are willing to ski uphill can get to the mid-mountain chairs and that should thin it out enough to keep the crowds at bay

Super bummed to hear about the Horstman T-Bar. Without Camp of Champs & the rapidly thinning glacier it seems like summer skiing at Whistler is done for good.

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    The idea is that by keeping the bottom chairs shuttered, folks who are willing to ski uphill can get to the mid-mountain chairs and that should thin it out enough to keep the crowds at bay

Super bummed to hear about the Horstman T-Bar. Without Camp of Champs & the rapidly thinning glacier it seems like summer skiing at Whistler is done for good.
    Hahha could you imagine having all those people who took the Vailbait discount on their unused passes, bought 2020-21 tickets, and then they don't open the lifts at the bottom? Diabolical!

I see WB finally announced a tentative opening date of 6/29. Kind of hard to tell from the information what exactly will be open and what won't be. It mentions the bike park will have a reduced footprint, but doesn't really give specifics. Seems like Blackcomb, Whistler, and Peak 2 Peak gondolas will all be running. Seems like there was some question before whether or not gondies would be open.

Even though I've got no chance of getting into Canada until late July at the earliest it's nice to see things are starting to spool up again.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I see WB finally announced a tentative opening date of 6/29. Kind of hard to tell from the information what exactly will be open and what won't be. It mentions the bike park will have a reduced footprint, but doesn't really give specifics. Seems like Blackcomb, Whistler, and Peak 2 Peak gondolas will all be running. Seems like there was some question before whether or not gondies would be open.

Even though I've got no chance of getting into Canada until late July at the earliest it's nice to see things are starting to spool up again.
    Apparently you just say you're headed to Alaska and you can do whatever you want.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7067350/c...rder-shutdown/

You can also fly in or out of Canada.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

America is the problem- stop giving these people ideas how to get here to spread the problem and take away steps forward you have achieved. You are just a bunch of dumb f’ks. Use ur brain- Covid is blowing up in America/ Canada it is decreasing due to strict rules with compliance now u want to educate Americans to infiltrate our borders to get to whistler to risk us of the spread....fools...u r not intelligent what-so ever!!! We will get through this but we all must be respectful and compliant so that the tourism industry can have the ground work to succeed.
    Last edited by teamdirt; 06-18-2020 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    America is the problem- stop giving these people ideas how to get here to spread the problem and take away steps forward you have achieved. You are just a bunch of dumb f’ks. Use ur brain- Covid is blowing up in America/ Canada it is decreasing due to strict rules with compliance now u want to educate Americans to infiltrate our borders to get to whistler to risk us of the spread....fools...u r not intelligent what-so ever!!! We will get through this but we all must be respectful and compliant so that the tourism industry can have the ground work to succeed.
    Agreed! The two most frequent posters in this thread recentiently are from Washington and Ontario complaining about their epic passes,. WTF?
    Stay away.

If anyone can find this forum, then they surely have already seen the news reports about people 'allegedly' skirting the laws to gain access in to a foreign country.

Personally I welcome them - not because I want them here but because I do believe many if not most will be caught and banned from entry for 5 years or whatever the law states. CBSA doesn't fuck around.

Quote Originally Posted by DDsnake View Post
    Agreed! The two most frequent posters in this thread recentiently are from Washington and Ontario complaining about their epic passes,. WTF?
    Stay away.
    Can you please point me to the list where it says what people from what locations are allowed to talk about? Bah, I'm just kidding man it's all good. You can call me out on whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    If anyone can find this forum, then they surely have already seen the news reports about people 'allegedly' skirting the laws to gain access in to a foreign country.

Personally I welcome them - not because I want them here but because I do believe many if not most will be caught and banned from entry for 5 years or whatever the law states. CBSA doesn't fuck around.
    Show Whistler some respect and stay the f in your own country until we welcome u back. Lol

Show Whistler some respect and stay the f in your own country until we welcome u back. Lol
    Ontario isn't part of Canada now?

And I assume I'm the other person who was allegedly "complaining about Epic Passes" but not sure when I've ever done that.

The number I believe is COVID-19 deaths per 100,000. The number of cases is entirely dependent on the amount of testing and the population size. If you look at the death rate by state it's all over the place. As of today (June 19):
    New York: 159 per 100,000
    Washington: 16
    Oregon: 4
    California: 14
    Idaho: 5
    Wyoming: 3
    Montana: 2

For comparison:
    BC: 3
    Alberta: 3
    Ontario: 17
    Quebec: 63

If I look at just BC, almost all the deaths are in Greater Vancouver. The breakdown would be Vancouver: 3, everywhere else: 0.3. The rest of the province should be [mostly] open for business.

This virus -- SARS-CoV2 -- joins the hundred (more or less) other coronoviruses in the environment. (Some of them are known as "the common cold".) There's no vaccine for any of them.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Thx for the stats tips! Nobody cares.

The point is we don’t need Americans coming here right now.

I forgot the reference. Roughly 3,000 people die in BC every month from all causes. That's 60 per 100,000 per month. Shutting down large gatherings (e.g. sports) was prudent. Making people wear masks on public transit (like in Japan) would have been a good idea. Keeping contagious people out of hospitals that can't deal with contagions was a good {accidental} plan. The rest is all fearmongering.

Keeping the border closed was smart too but shutting down restaurants and washrooms for truckers was simply dumb.

Snow Dog is on the money. American's and Canadian's are no more of a risk to each other at this point.
    Nationalist prejudices can subside.

I was just talking to my MP on main street and the media is calling him for an opinion on the Americans sneaking into canada to holiday, you might have got away with being the 1st american to lie to get in the country but i think ever buddy is aware of whats going on and its probably not a good idea to cheat

7 times as many deaths in washington from only 50% more people, America is winning the death race stats and its all political so they can stay down there for at least another month, probably 2 months
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    American's and Canadian's are no more of a risk to each other at this point.
    Nationalist prejudices can subside.

Bullshit.
    Americans are a clear and present danger to the health of Canadian citizens.
    Prejudice- yer god damn right.

America is a shit show, it's like 9/11 every 2nd day, mass geronticide.
    Don't come light up a match in my house while yer still burning your own down.
    Washington State-same 400ish new cases today as the 3rd week of March---fail.
    Italy, Spain, Germany, all with fewer new daily cases than Canada, they got it together, so can we.
    Canadian vigilance can get us to 0 cases, hopefully in 4-6 weeks.

Until the US can contact trace every case I don't want to see a single visitor.
    No yankees till at least 2021 at this rate.
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

I fucking hate canaduh, I really do.
    Take a lap you fucking hosers.
    crab in my shoe mouth

What an American thing to say!

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I fucking hate canaduh, I really do.
    Take a lap you fucking hosers.

The whole world hates Americans! Something about there ego’s and there disrespectful attitudes to everyone....

Don’t come here if you have a problem with us!

So much anger. Disappointed I am.

Whistler became an international destination and now it's not. Global tourism is probably gone for the next few years along with air travel, all inclusive resorts and cruise ships. Maybe Whistler will reboot back to the cool local mountain it used to be. I can live with that.