Page 16 of 59 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPow View Post
    Thx for the update. But are you guys pulling my leg about secret chute/Bowl. It’s on the map!!!

U make a left off of 7th, go down the ridge and hook a right. It feeds into Blue Line. You can see it on the right as you go up Glacier about half way up.
    Yes, you can get a good idea of that terrain while riding the Glacier chair. When you get into town go buy the Whistler ski guide https://quickdrawpublications.com/pr...b-2nd-edition/ at the bookstore in the village. It will give you a much better idea of where to go than the official trail map does.

And the link The AD included has a good photo of both Secret Bowl and Secret Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by knowsam View Post
    And the link The AD included has a good photo of both Secret Bowl and Secret Chute.
    Dumb luck, that!

That book is so 2019. Everyone is using the Ullr Maps app now. It's way better, IMO. Searchable, too!

https://www.ullrmaps.com/

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    That book is so 2019. Everyone is using the Ullr Maps app now. It's way better, IMO. Searchable, too!

https://www.ullrmaps.com/
    Just don’t open it and then leave tracking on by mistake. Or do. Whatever. #deadphone

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Nice to see the PWL removed from the avi bulletins too. Hoepfully can start to get onto some bigger faces.
    I was touring with Brent with SPMG this week. He’s personally not quite ready to push bigger lines in the alpine just yet. He’s waiting for the sledders to beta test it. Lol. There really hasn’t been much experience up high yet in the backcountry with all the snow. So hard to tell what’s up.

IMVHO, it’s buried pretty deep but there’s always that shallow spot lurking out there...

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    I was touring with Brent with SPMG this week. He’s personally not quite ready to push bigger lines in the alpine just yet. He’s waiting for the sledders to beta test it. Lol. There really hasn’t been much experience up high yet in the backcountry with all the snow. So hard to tell what’s up.

IMVHO, it’s buried pretty deep but there’s always that shallow spot lurking out there...
    For sure. Even the details sections of the forecast mentions 2 size 3-3.5 Na at 2600 on NW face (sounds pretty much like top of Fissile main), just doesn't report it as a problem. I feel like this bluebird weekend has the possibility to see some serious carnage.

(sounds pretty much like top of Fissile main), just doesn't report it as a problem. I feel like this bluebird weekend has the possibility to see some serious carnage.

Fissile, the Spearhead hut and the weekend is not exactly an ideal scenario with this snowpack. Not to judge but the crowd I’ve seen using the hut this year has mostly been 100% amateur hour. 🤞

Fissile, the Spearhead hut and the weekend is not exactly an ideal scenario with this snowpack. Not to judge but the crowd I’ve seen using the hut this year has mostly been 100% amateur hour. 🤞
    The number of posts on South Coast Touring either whining about access via Singing Pass/WB not allowing access from the alpine during adverse weather or asking about safe terrain to ski around Fissile in High/High/High whiteout conditions is a bit disturbing. Just hire a guide people there are lots of good ones!

Of course the hut is amateur hour the terrain around there is all about the meadow skipping life this time of year. However, I have to say the oboe traverse in is ultra shit in crustacean conditions... it seems when alpine lifts are closed most people just don’t show up for their reservation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	59957C91-0FC7-4720-B2E5-A00A9CC65E1B.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	373.5 KB 
ID:	314405

A petition whinning about alpine opens is making the local news rounds. LOL.

You think patrol and ops is just dragging their feet on opening that stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    A petition whinning about alpine opens is making the local news rounds. LOL.

You think patrol and ops is just dragging their feet on opening that stuff?
    Some dumbass that got slammed on the Whistler FB group for complaining about buying a black out date Edge card (not new and extremely clearly advertised) wrote a whiny letter to the editor that the Pique published.

I’m guessing it’s just reaction to the COO acknowledging issues in the news this week as well.

Slamming Vail for the lift stuff is fine but whining about patrol/alpine is pure dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Some dumbass that got slammed on the Whistler FB group for complaining about buying a black out date Edge card (not new and extremely clearly advertised) wrote a whiny letter to the editor that the Pique published.

I’m guessing it’s just reaction to the COO acknowledging issues in the news this week as well.

Slamming Vail for the lift stuff is fine but whining about patrol/alpine is pure dumb.
    This guy takes whiny to a whole new level. The snivelling puke doesn't even have an edge card, just "heard several stories". Its a must read. letter title is Martin Luther Who.

https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/wh...t?oid=14979805

Quote Originally Posted by unclebill View Post
    This guy takes whiny to a whole new level. The snivelling puke doesn't even have an edge card, just "heard several stories". Its a must read. letter title is Martin Luther Who.

https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/wh...t?oid=14979805
    This and all that nonsense was exactly what i was referencing when i said it was nice to hear someone was actually stoked to come to whistler earlier. The hate is everywhere, and 95% of it is misdirected.

I am a season's pass holder (so this didn't directly affect me); I am also (obviously) a great admirer of MLK. However, I find it totally unreasonable and insensitive of Vail Resorts to expect local Canadian residents to know when this holiday falls (at least email a notice to these pass-holders) or, for that matter, to restrict access to the mountain on this day.
    The nice thing is Canadians don't need to know when MLK Day falls, they just need to actually read what dates are restricted on their Epic Pass or Edge Card. Seems pretty straightforward to me. Amazing what people will bitch about.

Whistler 2019 - 2020

This and all that nonsense was exactly what i was referencing when i said it was nice to hear someone was actually stoked to come to whistler earlier. The hate is everywhere, and 95% of it is misdirected.
    BIG props to Blackcomb patrol/ops today. All lifts and all terrain open by 9:45. Could be my earliest spankies face shots ever! I thanked a patroller at the bottom. Only 10cm to manage but I’ve waited a lot longer for less new.

Tbar line up was nuts tho trying to get to slackcountry. So many snowboarders crashing out and liftees giving them unlimited attempts. Could of had a lifetime worth of kookslam footage.

Conditions acceptable Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200208_162942.jpeg 
Views:	106 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	314686Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200208_162659.jpeg 
Views:	113 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	314687

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8VC4kdHIDP/
    Whistler Freeride (16-18) club send it hard.
    @whistlerfreerideclub is a great follow if you wanna see little kids with rubber legs doing crazy good stuff.

@whistlerfreerideclub is a great follow if you wanna see little kids with rubber legs doing crazy good stuff.
    spent a couple of days skiing with these guys/gals coach in December , got a great insight into how good these youngsters are , defo worth a follow

Is this what Vail has in store for Whistler?

95 minutes was on the short side of the lift, the longer side was 115 minutes.

I guess the situation was a powder day and that was the only lift running in the Back Bowls. If you've been to Vail you know the issue with the High Noon lift is there's no other way out. Sort of like Symphony on Whistler.

I was down in the Peak Chair line when those guys put on the show. Super impressed and pegged the stoke meter for the morning. Too bad the chair went on wind hold shortly after that.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    95 minutes was on the short side of the lift, the longer side was 115 minutes.
    115 mins. Ouch. At least their chairs run tho.