Page 18 of 59 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Haven’t done it in a few years but you definitely could... unless the glacier changed a lot?

And those Whistler Freeride Kids are amazing. That Ryder kid (15?) shreds hard on a mountain bike too, stuff like the Governator and Saurkraut. So smooth on Air Jordan there.
    I think it would be a lot harder now than 10-15 years ago. The level of the horstman glacier is just so much lower and more hollowed out in the middle.

Booked it yesterday. Will be skiing 4/6-8. Will post up later on to see if any mags are around and want to ski/tour me around/tour. Stoked!

Make Whistler Great Again petition
    https://www.change.org/p/vail-resort...tler-blackcomb

CBC news: 'Make Whistler Great Again': Petition targeting Vail Resorts management of B.C. ski hill gets traction online
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...gain-1.5459622
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

I think there's certainly some truth to the assertion that the weather this season has caused unique problems, but that doesn't really explain things like continual lift maintenance issues, etc. If Vail wants to posture Whistler as a premium resort than customers are going to expect a premium experience and they haven't been getting that. Hopefully the powers that be listen.

I get the complaints about grooming and lift reliability (though I do wonder whether we're now just hyper sensitive to other lifts going down given the Blackcomb Gondola issues), but what the fuck is with all the freaking out about "gouging" that gets included in every letter to the editor? For years the petition writing crowd whined that Intrawest/Fortress took locals for granted by overcharging them while offering discounts to wealthy American tourists. Now Vail comes in and slashes season's pass prices in half and doubles 1-3 day ticket prices, and the same crowd keeps whining about pricing.

People are going to bitch about pricing no matter what. That's a given.

seasons passes are not half, and they've been creeping back into old price territory. I'd throw in lack of summer grooming and glade maintenance or even carving out some of those new opportunities in the overall customer service being lacking. Especially as we've seen more inconsistent starts to the season, takes more snow to cover the bushes and shrubs and trees, forces more people onto fewer runs. Yeah can't control weather or snowpack but overall it seems ops has been slipping past couple of years, but I'm just a lowly season pass holder who mgmt usually accuses of complaining too much, I mean, what do people who use the mountain regularly and observe things know?! hahah...first world problems blahblahblah

I'm not sure merits of all of the complaints in the petition - but it would be nice if it put the hill on notice that there are some pissed off people and that they can be vocal.

I would be pretty happy if they could do something about the lift lines in the morning and find a solution to the Horseman T-Bar situation. Frequent +1 hr lift lines from the base on a <10 cm weekend really takes from the day, and having to do the full circuit around to 7th every time you hit Chainsaw or the Secret bowl area, means a lot of time spent in lift lines.

After these last couple posts I've decided to cancel my trip

I (Stupid American) am seeing that this weekend is some sort of semi-nationwide Canadian holiday...Family Day? Does this usually accompany a huge increase in traffic at WB or the Vancouver resorts? Considering a trip up and wasn't sure on the scale of the holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by cstefanic View Post
    I (Stupid American) am seeing that this weekend is some sort of semi-nationwide Canadian holiday...Family Day? Does this usually accompany a huge increase in traffic at WB or the Vancouver resorts? Considering a trip up and wasn't sure on the scale of the holiday.
    Three-day weekend in both the U.S. and Canada--so, yeah, it's going to be nuts. Both Saturday and Sunday are blackout dates for restricted passes.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    After these last couple posts I've decided to cancel my trip
    hahah, we're great salesmen

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Both Saturday and Sunday are blackout dates for restricted passes.
    Ohhhh I didn't think about that. Good call--will *not* be traveling this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by cstefanic View Post
    Ohhhh I didn't think about that. Good call--will *not* be traveling this weekend.
    No, go ahead, then complain on Facebook about the blackouts and how busy it is.

I liked family day so much more when BC recognized it on a different weekend than the rest of Canada.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

i hear if you go to Whistler this weekend you will catch coronavirus and become a libtard. Everyone go to Vail

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    i hear if you go to Whistler this weekend you will catch coronavirus and become a libtard. Everyone go to Vail
    Whistler IS Vail....

Whistler 2019 - 2020

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    No, go ahead, then complain on Facebook about the blackouts and how busy it is.
    And blame Vail for being unfair/evil when your pass doesn’t work cuz u didn’t bother to read there were blackout dates.

Anyone been out in the bumps the last couple days? Wondering how ski conditions are. Dribs and drabs of snow most days week would have decent surface conditions I'd think. Debating skiing out there Sat or Sun... or just mountain biking and avoiding the crowds.

S2S Gondi will be nice and quiet?

Anyone been out in the bumps the last couple days? Wondering how ski conditions are. Dribs and drabs of snow most days week would have decent surface conditions I'd think. Debating skiing out there Sat or Sun... or just mountain biking and avoiding the crowds.
    High peaks are wind hammered. Near slack country is worked. I guess that 5 cm new snow will help a little tho. Don’t know if u don’t go!

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    High peaks are wind hammered. Near slack country is worked. I guess that 5 cm new snow will help a little tho. Don’t know if u don’t go!
    Yah that’s where I’m at.. couple skiffs this week and maybe Sat... could be decent or could be junk... biking is guaranteed good... but I’ll regret not skiing every chance I get when summer rolls around haha.

Yah that’s where I’m at.. couple skiffs this week and maybe Sat... could be decent or could be junk... biking is guaranteed good... but I’ll regret not skiing every chance I get when summer rolls around haha.
    It’s a long bike season. And they seem to be getting longer.

Quick run up husume. Don't swill was nice, Husume not so nice. Lots of upslope wind.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7A4EEE0B-31DE-4116-8DC8-E96F4132CC56.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	315906 Seeing as we had some firm conditions went for an Aussie-Slalok earlier this week.
    Spotted a solo guy going across Matier Glacier, couldn’t make out if it was a dog or a sled behind him for a while. Turns out he had his dog w him, waited at the bottom while he/she skied Spetch. That dogs seen more rad terrain than most this season!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.