Page 45 of 59 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1461
    never hurt anyone, except for the pissing and shitting in the woods and leaving their trash around places people like to walk and use. Sure, there are a lot that are respectful and try and stay under the radar, and then there are a lot of assholes.

First rule of life, 5% of people don’t give a fuck, and ruin it for the other 95%.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    never hurt anyone, except for the pissing and shitting in the woods and leaving their trash around places people like to walk and use. Sure, there are a lot that are respectful and try and stay under the radar, and then there are a lot of assholes.
    With the final asshole move of just dumping your camper in a parking lot then presumably flying home. Did anyone see the smashed up truck camper at the Wedgemont parking area?

Not a fan of Van life. A good collective of them are just dirtbags (by choice) that don’t care about your neighborhood or eco system. (im not saying this is the case for everyone)

These vans should be equipped with toilets, but dirtbags can't afford 120k vans.....
    Last edited by teamdirt; 07-21-2020 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    With the final asshole move of just dumping your camper in a parking lot then presumably flying home. Did anyone see the smashed up truck camper at the Wedgemont parking area?
    Yup. Disappointed but not surprised. Filled up a trash bag I had in the car. Others were helping out too. Will check in later in the week

Wedgement is always a dirtbag zone.
    Especially with the fire burning ... even though Whistler proper has a ban.
    But it isn't like the districts are making it easy.
    Can go up the Bend River valley and find lots of clean, equipped, 14 day stay areas.
    Too bad it has to be all sneak and lowdown in #Squampton and #Whislife when designated zones, proper facilities and a more welcoming spirit would help more than hinder.
    Of course, being what it is, the most expensive place to live, lifties and bar staff
    are literally living in Vans to SURVIVE.

Edge Card Update

SAFETY MEASURES
    PHYSICAL DISTANCING AND FACE COVERINGS:
    On mountain, our vast outdoor setting makes physical distancing easy. But in the base areas and other locations where it is more difficult to do so, we will have signage and decals to ensure guests remain six feet (two meters) apart.
    Guests will be required to wear face coverings in certain areas. This includes in lines, when loading and unloading chairlifts, when loading and riding in bubble chairs, in indoor resort facilities, and for activities such as mountain coasters. Guests are strongly encouraged to bring their own face coverings, but resorts will have them available upon request, subject to availability. Employees will be required to wear face coverings at all times.
    Plexiglass barriers have been installed in areas where physical distancing measures are not possible, including at points of purchase.
    Capacity of lifts will be reduced to allow for physical distancing. Guests will only be allowed on lifts with travelers in their party.
    Employees may limit the number of guests in any area of the resort to ensure proper physical distancing (e.g. parking lots, indoor facilities, common spaces, etc.).

EMPLOYEE PROTOCOLS AND TRAINING
    All employees are required to wear a face covering and follow the company’s safety protocols and procedures at all times, including regular hand washing and the use of Personal Protective Equipment and Personal Protective Gear.
    Employees will undergo daily health screenings and receive appropriate training to ensure safety.
    Employees are required to stay at home if sick.

ENHANCED CLEANING AND SANITATION:
    High-touch surfaces will be frequently cleaned and disinfected with EPA-approved products that kill the COVID-19 virus.
    Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting will take place daily in our gondola cabins, frequently throughout the day in our public restrooms and after each use on our alpine slide and mountain coaster carts.
    Hand sanitizing stations will be provided throughout the resort. Frequent handwashing is required of employees.
    All transactions will be cashless for lifts, mountain activities, on-mountain dining as well as at the Company’s lodging, retail and rental locations.
    We'll continue to review and update our policies to adhere to the most up-to-date practices to keep employees and guests safe.

More trail acceptability Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1595381167422.jpeg 
Views:	75 
Size:	169.9 KB 
ID:	335311Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1595381149251.jpeg 
Views:	80 
Size:	278.0 KB 
ID:	335312

And yet moreName:  IMG_20200723_071214_203.jpeg
Views: 377
Size:  161.4 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1595482320049.jpeg 
Views:	66 
Size:	198.2 KB 
ID:	335416Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200725_073858_135.jpeg 
Views:	68 
Size:	200.6 KB 
ID:	335417Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200723_204857.jpeg 
Views:	66 
Size:	230.4 KB 
ID:	335418Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200723_204828.jpeg 
Views:	67 
Size:	147.4 KB 
ID:	335419

Good stuff. Is that bridge over the waterfall/creek on a public trail? Don’t recognize, looks awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

A story I heard from a friend whose roommate is a WBP patroller:
    Guy breaks his collarbone riding the bike park. Patrol attend the scene. Ask them if there is anything they need to know.
    He says he flew in from Kansas 5 days ago. They provide minimal triage, before downloading him right into the arms of the police.
    Supposedly got a 7K fine. Hopefully banned for life from ever entering Canada again.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Good stuff. Is that bridge over the waterfall/creek on a public trail? Don’t recognize, looks awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Connector from Nicklaus golf course to Blackcomb access road to Yummy Nimby climb

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    A story I heard from a friend whose roommate is a WBP patroller:
    Guy breaks his collarbone riding the bike park. Patrol attend the scene. Ask them if there is anything they need to know.
    He says he flew in from Kansas 5 days ago. They provide minimal triage, before downloading him right into the arms of the police.
    Supposedly got a 7K fine. Hopefully banned for life from ever entering Canada again.
    Messed up. How is this even possible? I thought the borders were closed but I’m not following the details of travel and borders etc. This dude couldn’t pull the Alaska card at an airport.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Messed up. How is this even possible? I thought the borders were closed but I’m not following the details of travel and borders etc. This dude couldn’t pull the Alaska card at an airport.
    Doesn't make sense unless he got into Canada with an essential business exemption and my understanding is they're not easy to get. I have a friend whose been up to Kelowna a couple times this year that way. He's been kind of pissing me off because he seems to be milking it a little (i.e. I'm sure he's doing his business work, but then he's been in no hurry to rush back to the U.S.).

i worked for the feds way back in the day, the only thing I would expect from them is that nothing will make sense
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Talk about prejudice!
    If they are going to treat Americans like that, they might as well pre-qualify them before letting them ride the park.
    And if they are really gloating about that treatment, they better lawyer up.

Not sure what you are talking about, dude is in Canada, maybe legally, maybe not, but not isolating as required. He injured himself, WBP gets him off the hill and he gets a n appointment with the law. How is that prejudiced?

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Talk about prejudice!
    If they are going to treat Americans like that, they might as well pre-qualify them before letting them ride the park.
    ? Americans are not supposed to be here unless they are essential workers, or have been stuck here, live here etc before the pandemic. I guess if u are an essential worker, stick to your essential work as opposed to joyriding WB’s bike park and potentially spreading covid amongst users against our quarantine protocol set out by law. The American clearly stated he had arrived in Canada 5 days ago. That’s a clear violation of our laws. Best to tatoo “essential worker, quarantine completed” across ur forehead or reap The consequences of the law.

USA has the highest number of dead people in the world, your president is a fucking idiot, we are bombarded with daily images of Americans exercising their rights on FB, polls have shown that 80% of Canadians want the border left closed, is it really a good idea to come up here ?

The guy I caught last week said he didnt know I told buddy I'm this far from calling you in and btw everbody in town has made your plate, if i were you I would book for the lower 48, he was lucky he was a fellow ranger owner/ he had a really nice Siberian/ seemed like a nice broke student paddling coach/ he was from Vermont ... if he was from texas I would have turned him in just on principle

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Talk about prejudice!
    Are you actually this fucking dumb IRL or do you just play dumb on the internet?
    The guys is breaking the law, gets caught after endangering literally every person he comes in contact with during his selfish travels.
    He should be getting a 100K fine and banned for life from leaving the shithole he comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    A story I heard from a friend whose roommate...
    Any story that starts like that is kinda hard to believe no matter how plausible - although if true, I agree, the guy's an asshole and probably deserves whatever financial hardship they put him through.

The story I'm hearing here in Bellingham however, is the exact opposite. The Canadian border guards are turning away the insta #sprinter #vanlife #mtb crowd and we've been seeing an uptick of people on the local trails who clearly aren't local.

Vancouver Sun: hundreds per day turned away at border

Persons exempt from mandatory quarantine ...

"Certain persons are exempt from the mandatory quarantine requirement of the Order when entering Canada for the purposes of performing an essential job or function as identified in the Order."

They are free to roam otherwise.
    They are free to be in public and carry on as any other responsible person adhering to the general covid quidelines.

What part of that don't people understand?

So, if someone enters Canada, otherwise now known as,
    Chief Virtue Signalling Smug Assholes of the Dickish Behaving Bloviating World,
    they are fully entitled to ride the bike park.

Fully entitled.

Perhaps the tattoo “essential worker, quarantine completed” across forehead is needed to prevent Cana-stazi bike park police and other anti-American idiots from exercising said
    prejudice.

Like I said, If that story is true, and that is how patrol is handling things, lawyer up.
    My ticket, your ticket, comes with implied fair treatment as a user.

This is hearsay,
    "downloading him right into the arms of the police. Supposedly got a 7K fine."
    We don't know all the facts.
    Assuming they was illegal is the first act of prejudice.

well I think what happens is if people can get across once they are here they don't follow the rules they agreed to, its a we made it in so lets just do whatever we want attitude

in any case Canadians are usually a pretty chill group but if you look at the responses from Canadians you can see they are not chill on this subject ... Americans who don't stay the fuck on their side of the line will get turned in

I'm having a hard time buying the idea that somebody patroling at WBP park is an essential service and no Canadians were available, i think buddy got in by spinning a story, was totally in Canada on the down low which worked until it all fell apart when he needs medical treatment and doesn't have a BC medical card

The whole story does smell a little funny

"A story I heard from a friend whose roommate is a WBP patroller:
    Supposedly got a 7K fine. Hopefully banned for life from ever entering Canada again."

Didn't read that said human excrement that didn't go all bubble-boy was park patrol.
    Read that said was patron.
    Of course, it is just a story.
    Urban Legends 2020: Stories of Plague Driven Madness and Crime.