Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
Results 426 to 450 of 516
  1. #426
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Pemberton, BC
    Posts
    1,531
    Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    That's a no brainer, right?
    Right.

  2. #427
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Havenít done it in a few years but you definitely could... unless the glacier changed a lot?

    And those Whistler Freeride Kids are amazing. That Ryder kid (15?) shreds hard on a mountain bike too, stuff like the Governator and Saurkraut. So smooth on Air Jordan there.
    I think it would be a lot harder now than 10-15 years ago. The level of the horstman glacier is just so much lower and more hollowed out in the middle.

  3. #428
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    2,132
    Booked it yesterday. Will be skiing 4/6-8. Will post up later on to see if any mags are around and want to ski/tour me around/tour. Stoked!

  4. #429
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South of 49
    Posts
    1,022
    Make Whistler Great Again petition
    https://www.change.org/p/vail-resort...tler-blackcomb


    CBC news: 'Make Whistler Great Again': Petition targeting Vail Resorts management of B.C. ski hill gets traction online
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...gain-1.5459622
    [KURTZ] Hinterstoisser, you heavy bastard.
    [HINTERSTOISSER] You need to do more push-ups, Kurtz.

  5. #430
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    18,798
    I think there's certainly some truth to the assertion that the weather this season has caused unique problems, but that doesn't really explain things like continual lift maintenance issues, etc. If Vail wants to posture Whistler as a premium resort than customers are going to expect a premium experience and they haven't been getting that. Hopefully the powers that be listen.

  6. #431
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    33
    I get the complaints about grooming and lift reliability (though I do wonder whether we're now just hyper sensitive to other lifts going down given the Blackcomb Gondola issues), but what the fuck is with all the freaking out about "gouging" that gets included in every letter to the editor? For years the petition writing crowd whined that Intrawest/Fortress took locals for granted by overcharging them while offering discounts to wealthy American tourists. Now Vail comes in and slashes season's pass prices in half and doubles 1-3 day ticket prices, and the same crowd keeps whining about pricing.

  7. #432
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    18,798
    People are going to bitch about pricing no matter what. That's a given.

  8. #433
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    bestcoast
    Posts
    1,560
    seasons passes are not half, and they've been creeping back into old price territory. I'd throw in lack of summer grooming and glade maintenance or even carving out some of those new opportunities in the overall customer service being lacking. Especially as we've seen more inconsistent starts to the season, takes more snow to cover the bushes and shrubs and trees, forces more people onto fewer runs. Yeah can't control weather or snowpack but overall it seems ops has been slipping past couple of years, but I'm just a lowly season pass holder who mgmt usually accuses of complaining too much, I mean, what do people who use the mountain regularly and observe things know?! hahah...first world problems blahblahblah

  9. #434
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    227
    I'm not sure merits of all of the complaints in the petition - but it would be nice if it put the hill on notice that there are some pissed off people and that they can be vocal.

    I would be pretty happy if they could do something about the lift lines in the morning and find a solution to the Horseman T-Bar situation. Frequent +1 hr lift lines from the base on a <10 cm weekend really takes from the day, and having to do the full circuit around to 7th every time you hit Chainsaw or the Secret bowl area, means a lot of time spent in lift lines.

  10. #435
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    2,132
    After these last couple posts I've decided to cancel my trip

  11. #436
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Dirty E
    Posts
    794
    I (Stupid American) am seeing that this weekend is some sort of semi-nationwide Canadian holiday...Family Day? Does this usually accompany a huge increase in traffic at WB or the Vancouver resorts? Considering a trip up and wasn't sure on the scale of the holiday.

  12. #437
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    18,798
    Quote Originally Posted by cstefanic View Post
    I (Stupid American) am seeing that this weekend is some sort of semi-nationwide Canadian holiday...Family Day? Does this usually accompany a huge increase in traffic at WB or the Vancouver resorts? Considering a trip up and wasn't sure on the scale of the holiday.
    Three-day weekend in both the U.S. and Canada--so, yeah, it's going to be nuts. Both Saturday and Sunday are blackout dates for restricted passes.

  13. #438
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    bestcoast
    Posts
    1,560
    Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    After these last couple posts I've decided to cancel my trip
    hahah, we're great salesmen

  14. #439
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Dirty E
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Both Saturday and Sunday are blackout dates for restricted passes.
    Ohhhh I didn't think about that. Good call--will *not* be traveling this weekend.

  15. #440
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Creekside
    Posts
    1,346
    Quote Originally Posted by cstefanic View Post
    Ohhhh I didn't think about that. Good call--will *not* be traveling this weekend.
    No, go ahead, then complain on Facebook about the blackouts and how busy it is.

  16. #441
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Maple Syrup and Lumberjacks, eigh.
    Posts
    4,177
    I liked family day so much more when BC recognized it on a different weekend than the rest of Canada.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

  17. #442
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    North Vancouver/Whistler
    Posts
    11,449
    i hear if you go to Whistler this weekend you will catch coronavirus and become a libtard. Everyone go to Vail

  18. #443
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Whistler
    Posts
    2,058
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    i hear if you go to Whistler this weekend you will catch coronavirus and become a libtard. Everyone go to Vail
    Whistler IS Vail....

  19. #444
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Pemberton, BC
    Posts
    1,531

    Whistler 2019 - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    No, go ahead, then complain on Facebook about the blackouts and how busy it is.
    And blame Vail for being unfair/evil when your pass doesnít work cuz u didnít bother to read there were blackout dates.

  20. #445
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    2,870
    Anyone been out in the bumps the last couple days? Wondering how ski conditions are. Dribs and drabs of snow most days week would have decent surface conditions I'd think. Debating skiing out there Sat or Sun... or just mountain biking and avoiding the crowds.

  21. #446
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    [a] Van [down by the river]
    Posts
    1,259
    S2S Gondi will be nice and quiet?

  22. #447
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Pemberton, BC
    Posts
    1,531
    Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Anyone been out in the bumps the last couple days? Wondering how ski conditions are. Dribs and drabs of snow most days week would have decent surface conditions I'd think. Debating skiing out there Sat or Sun... or just mountain biking and avoiding the crowds.
    High peaks are wind hammered. Near slack country is worked. I guess that 5 cm new snow will help a little tho. Donít know if u donít go!

  23. #448
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    2,870
    Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    High peaks are wind hammered. Near slack country is worked. I guess that 5 cm new snow will help a little tho. Donít know if u donít go!
    Yah thatís where Iím at.. couple skiffs this week and maybe Sat... could be decent or could be junk... biking is guaranteed good... but Iíll regret not skiing every chance I get when summer rolls around haha.

  24. #449
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Pemberton, BC
    Posts
    1,531
    Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Yah thatís where Iím at.. couple skiffs this week and maybe Sat... could be decent or could be junk... biking is guaranteed good... but Iíll regret not skiing every chance I get when summer rolls around haha.
    Itís a long bike season. And they seem to be getting longer.

  25. #450
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    709
    Quick run up husume. Don't swill was nice, Husume not so nice. Lots of upslope wind.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •