Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1461
    Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    What if they are essential workers ... and they just spending some free time enjoying the park?
    How would you know?
    Why don't you secretly stick a satellite tracker under their bumper and make a film documentary
    "Pandemic travels: an American plate in Whistler"
    The first episode can feature the California plate I saw on a shuttle car parked at the Branch 12 Tenquille trailhead yesterday. Would love to know this dudes story.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    The first episode can feature the California plate I saw on a shuttle car parked at the Branch 12 Tenquille trailhead yesterday. Would love to know this dudes story.
    Lift maintenance.

An american working in Whis or anywhere in Canada who has been here thru the Pandemic, would have a real reason to be here, would have observed the pandemic rules so if they get rousted by CBSA they should have no problem explaining it

but thats ^^ not whom i'm talking about and you know that,

I'm talking about multiple people who said they would stay in their car, didnt stay in their car, got caught, the 1-888 number is now advertised on the evening news, which means any American plate anywhere in Canada might get called in, any American might have to explain themselves

and you can thank your own people
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

This thread is sad with entitlement. Stay the fuck home if ur not from here. Show us some respect. Of course I’m fine with anyone that is here that lives here, or stuck here, American or Cdn.

I got an American friend who married a Canadian girl. He had his US plates on for 8 years after he lived here for whatever reason. We had this exact conversation. Please don't automatically assume that all American plates shouldn't be here.

this ^^ is why you can't have nice things ... some folks have wrecked it for you

to insure/register a vehical in BC or Alberta or any province I would assume, you need to pay 100$ to get it inspected which isnt much BUT it has to pass vehical inspection, so depending on how bad its fucked up this could cost thousands

Alaska has around 1,000 covid cases, compared to the lower 48 at roughly 2,600,000 cases. So I suspect the Alaskans are not too excited about people driving up there either

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    this ^^ is why you can't have nice things ... some folks have wrecked it for you

to insure/register a vehical in BC or Alberta or any province I would assume, you need to pay 100$ to get it inspected which isnt much BUT it has to pass vehical inspection, so depending on how bad its fucked up this could cost thousands
    Depending on what state you’re from, insurance can be a lot more expensive, too. Plus you need to transfer your license and do a whole bunch of import/export paperwork. I’ve done it and it’s a major PITA to transfer everything, and probably not cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    I got an American friend who married a Canadian girl. He had his US plates on for 8 years after he lived here for whatever reason. We had this exact conversation. Please don't automatically assume that all American plates shouldn't be here.
    For sure. I bet that guy or gals reasons are legit. I was just trying to feed into this thread rage.

But if I had USA plates right now in Canada I’d have a sign on my car with my story for being here.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    For sure. I bet that guy or gals reasons are legit. I was just trying to feed into this thread rage.

But if I had USA plates right now in Canada I’d have a sign on my car with my story for being here.
    Calgary is full of American platers- Are stupid government just let in 300 American insurance adjusters that do not need to quarantine as they are considered essential workers. As there are no car rentals due to the massive hail storm that destroyed everything the adjusters were forced to drive up here. Great idea-send up a bunch of potential Covid carriers from the largest outbreak center in the world, don't test them and don't make them quarantine, set them loose amongst us and hope for the best....Guess we will find out in 2 weeks what the real damage is.

In the meantime I guess they now an excuse to be in Banff on the weekend...

I think thats how they did it last time there was a big honking hailstorm with adjusters from the USA but there wasnt any covid pandemic

Hail storm
    maelstrom
    Haelstrom

A sort of insurance haiku!
    Scary what nature can do.

Whistler 2019 - 2020

The only way to settle this is a ski off.
    Last edited by shafty85; 06-30-2020 at 11:22 PM.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    The only way to settle this is a ski off.
    It's summer, therefore bike off.

I guess it's going to have to be virtual for us COVID riddled souls south of the 49th parallel.

p.s. WB finally has all the webcams back up.

the Americans trying to VaCa in Canada story surfaced on the CBC again this morning so now even more Canadians know, the story was about some Americans were trying to check in to a hotel for a couple nights.

Since they arent doing anything at border checkpoints following up on plate sightings will give the CBSA something else to do, its probably a good idea to follow CBSA's instructions to stay with the car

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ince-1.5634397

denied service ^^ at the upscale Westin Bayshore
    Last edited by XXX-er; 07-02-2020 at 06:09 PM.

Burned some MAGA hats, said sorry. Fished out the winter jackets again cos its July so of course it's cold. Then went and got our bike park passes Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200702_150005.jpeg 
Views:	54 
Size:	128.2 KB 
ID:	333357Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200702_154453.jpeg 
Views:	56 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	333358

Was in town Sunday to Wednesday. Village was comparatively dead, most restaurants open though. Didn’t see any WA plates. Bike park lineups weren’t bad considering the COVID-19 measures on Fitz (zero lines on Garbo) and it seemed like all riders were following mask and spacing requirements. Good times, kind of reminded me of summers 10 years ago.

Pemberton was amazing with the recent rain.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Whistler 2019 - 2020

"...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    just trying to save you 1200 $

each
    Starts at $1200, up to $75,000

Spread Covid-$1,000,000 or/and 3yr prison quarantine

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

So we were sitting around having few pops and so we figured out how to catch Americans who don't want to listen,

Since the federales can't be everywhere but every Canadian is already everywhere just give them a cut of the fine

kinda like playing punch buggy only different eh

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/can...anff-1.5634534

hey this story has legs, there have now been 10 Americans fined 1200 $ for sightseeing in banff and those nice canadians arent so nice anymore

Not exactly skiing related ...

"hit-and-run driver left Patricia Anne Peters for dead on a highway north of Whistler, B.C."

"Peters is also chilled by the thought of Bird allegedly shrugging off what he believed was the killing of a "native man.""

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ourt-1.5633557

Kudos for having the courage to forgive.

Native Lives Matter Too.

Whistler Bike Park braking bumps appear to have disappeared. Crank It Up and Heart of Darkness are running too fast and too smooth. The lips of the jumps are too perfect.

Lack of people, dirt with moisture (watered with the tears of Freedom extinguished by mandatory mask-wearing) and the work of the tireless trail crew means that your favourite mudhole and blown out berm probably no longer exists
    Last edited by LeeLau; 07-05-2020 at 08:50 AM.

BermssssClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20200704_162248.jpeg 
Views:	50 
Size:	200.4 KB 
ID:	333594Name:  20200704_162231.jpeg
Views: 754
Size:  252.0 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200704_173904_047.jpeg 
Views:	56 
Size:	127.9 KB 
ID:	333596Name:  20200704_162137.jpeg
Views: 745
Size:  192.0 KB