Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    4 Diamond bowls and 1 Bushrat with 35k total vert for the day. Not a bad Saturday at all! Thank God for blackout dates. Yeehaw!

Woke culture arrived at the spearhead hut this weekend. Name:  IMG_6546.JPG
Views: 1386
Size:  118.9 KB

I like the notes on the wall, feels like home.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Does anyone know of any good breakfast places? My go-to used to be Wild Wood in Crystal, but they've shut down. Many of the other places don't open till 8:00, which seems awfully late to me when lifts open at 8:30. Other than coffee shops about the only place I've found that opens earlier is the restaurant in Nita Lake Lodge.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Does anyone know of any good breakfast places? My go-to used to be Wild Wood in Crystal, but they've shut down. Many of the other places don't open till 8:00, which seems awfully late to me when lifts open at 8:30. Other than coffee shops about the only place I've found that opens earlier is the restaurant in Nita Lake Lodge.
    portabello under the Fairmont in Blackcomb is great value and food

Whistler Blackcomb staff respond to petition comments

I have a tendency to think that these 'you're wrong, we're right' videos that get put out in reply to public protests are basically just excuses.

The Pique article on the reply is here:
    https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/wh...t?oid=15043172

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23WBOp...h_click&f=live
    What a shitshow.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by scblurlt View Post
    portabello under the Fairmont in Blackcomb is great value and food
    Oh yeah, that's not a bad call. I've eaten there before.

Sit down breakfast before 8am is tough in Whistler. Most offerings before 8am are counter style or "coffee shops"
    Creekside - Southside Dinner 7am, Dustys Backside 7am.
    Upper Village - Portobello 7am, Wizard Grill 7am
    Village - Gone Bakery 7am, Blacks Pub 7am, Grill and Vine (in the Westin) 7am, Cinimon Bear (in the Hilton) 7am, BG Urban Cafe 7am.
    7:15 Fresh Tracks breakfast on the mountain....

Thanks for the list!

I heard the Blackcomb gondola was down for an hour plus this morning. WTF is going on?

Thanks for the list!

I heard the Blackcomb gondola was down for an hour plus this morning. WTF is going on?
    https://twitter.com/search?q=%23WBOp...h_click&f=live
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Just out of the village, alpine café is great and riverside café is pretty good (I'd give the edge to alpine). Both open pretty early I think.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin267 View Post
    Just out of the village, alpine café is great and riverside café is pretty good (I'd give the edge to alpine). Both open pretty early I think.
    Thanks. Looks like Alpine opens at 6:30, so that would be a good choice.

Thanks for the list!

Fuckin brutal
    Was meeting a friend for a Spearhead Traverse and we didn’t get skinning till 1015 cause he got stuck at the bottom. Nothing like knowing ya have to chase daylight and your friend is on the FUCKIN MAGIC CHAIR!
    Did get to that fancy new hut for 430 but as we weren’t vegans we ate in the vestibule before heading down.
    Lots of traffic around Fissile Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9054.JPG 
Views:	146 
Size:	216.7 KB 
ID:	316339Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8991.JPG 
Views:	162 
Size:	213.5 KB 
ID:	316340

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Up the Duffey last few days to avoid the insanity. Beautiful cold and sunny days. North faces skiing very well.

Lots of peeps this weekend skiing some zones I’ve never seen tracked. Like fully exposed hanging snow fields. Looks like they all lived. Anyway nice to have some sun and alpine access. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6554.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	222.9 KB 
ID:	316429

great few days off.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3765a.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	316687

Name:	IMG_3734a.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	316688Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3778.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	316689

Damn.... that all looks delicious.

How good were you ... when you were 6?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTCUn56RDQ0

Whistler 2019 - 2020

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    great few days off.

Name:	IMG_3765a.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	316687
    Niiiice.

I opted for poor mans sled today, aka heli drop. I won’t release aka doom this line as I want this beauty to remain as my virgin.

Name:	IMG_6617.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	200.7 KB 
ID:	316764

great few days off.

Name:	IMG_3778.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	316689

nice!

Nice little trip up north in the resort all things considered. Met some crowds, no new, but damn the snow held up all week and was just starting to melt freeze today.

I was able to tick off a bunch of the steep inbounds stuff I’ve been shut out of on trips past and my oldest flossed the Saudan cooly before the age I did. Still have one more day to clear two lines lookers left of the saddle. Yeeew!

Name:	IMG_0278.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	202.8 KB 
ID:	316771

Name:	IMG_0279.JPG 
Size:	191.0 KB 
ID:	316772

That was a great high pressure. stayed cold, light winds, first time i've seen low/low/low all year. Fingers crossed for a snow cycle then repeat in the near future!

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Nice little trip up north in the resort all things considered. Met some crowds, no new, but damn the snow held up all week and was just starting to melt freeze today.

I was able to tick off a bunch of the steep inbounds stuff I’ve been shut out of on trips past and my oldest flossed the Saudan cooly before the age I did. Still have one more day to clear two lines lookers left of the saddle. Yeeew!

Name:	IMG_0278.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	202.8 KB 
ID:	316771

Name:	IMG_0279.JPG 
Size:	191.0 KB 
ID:	316772
    Nice to see Portland peeps getting after it.
    I was there the last week of January and Sudan was in much better conditions then ;-)
    I am going to be at W/B again the first week of March ...hoping for some repeat bluebird days.

That was a great high pressure. stayed cold, light winds, first time i've seen low/low/low all year. Fingers crossed for a snow cycle then repeat in the near future!
    got an offer of a day out on the tantalus with heli drop off and pick up a week next Sunday , never skied there only ever admired it from the highway view point , now the snow pack settled down will this be good , looks like a little fresh this weekend then back to high pressure , looking for somewhere new to get away at a weekend , love the Duffy options but this does look spectacular , any thoughts appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by scblurlt View Post
    got an offer of a day out on the tantalus with heli drop off and pick up a week next Sunday , never skied there only ever admired it from the highway view point , now the snow pack settled down will this be good , looks like a little fresh this weekend then back to high pressure , looking for somewhere new to get away at a weekend , love the Duffy options but this does look spectacular , any thoughts appreciated
    Still haven't been up there, but if you have a line on a day trip when it's high pressure/good weather and stable seems like a no brainer to me!