Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1461
    nice, looking forward to getting back there, Stu, I've only been out to Hanging so far....long term there's some more cool ideas, hopefully we can navigate the bears and watershed and convince the powers that be to let us put in the traverse from Rainbow/ninja over to Rainbow's End in the vicinity of skywalk junction...since Rainbow Trail will always be hike only, it would be nice to get that connection in so bikes can ride loops instead of out and backs.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Checked out the Pot of Gold and Ninja Lakes zone today. An extra level of awesomeness up there now.

I only saw 3 ebikers poach it too. Not bad considering the world we live in. I told them to bring their dog next time. I think they kinda believed me.

Attachment 336053Attachment 336054Attachment 336055
    Attachment 336057
    Wow looks mint already? Saw there’s the usual snow drifts on On the Rocks. You are probably fitter than I, but how much time did the Ninja loop add from Into the Mystic?

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    nice, looking forward to getting back there, Stu, I've only been out to Hanging so far....long term there's some more cool ideas, hopefully we can navigate the bears and watershed and convince the powers that be to let us put in the traverse from Rainbow/ninja over to Rainbow's End in the vicinity of skywalk junction...since Rainbow Trail will always be hike only, it would be nice to get that connection in so bikes can ride loops instead of out and backs.
    It’s a big effort to get up there so the more alpine trail to enjoy the better! I hope those build out plans can happen soon.

I saw two bears today. Both were within 100 m of Rainbow park..

Whistler 2019 - 2020

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Wow looks mint already? Saw there’s the usual snow drifts on On the Rocks. You are probably fitter than I, but how much time did the Ninja loop add from Into the Mystic?
    Yeah On the Rocks still had snow and mud that was kinda a buzz kill so I cut off the Last Call section.

The trip out to Ninja Loop etc adds at least an hour (RETURN) from the end of Into the Mystic. It has climbs and descents both ways so not a huge effort to get back. Well worth it. There is a sick view at the Rainbow hiking turnoff. I might bring some trail shoes next time and do a walk from there.
    Last edited by xyz; 08-01-2020 at 11:12 PM.

Yeah On the Rocks still had snow and mud that was kinda a buzz kill so I cut off the Last Call section.

The trip out to Ninja Loop etc adds at least an hour from the end of Into the Mystic. It has climbs and descents both ways so not a huge effort to get back. Well worth it. There is a sick view at the Rainbow hiking turnoff. I might bring some trail shoes next time and do a walk from there.
    Do the hike. It's totally worth it. Last year I brought a bug net as its windless out there

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/can...aska-1.5670867

Latest word on the border, an artical by the people's broadcasting corp

86% of Canadians polled want the border left closed so there is no politcal will to re-open it

middle to late 2021 until the border opens is the estimate which would kill the ski season in Whistler
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

The upside of a wet June and July is that the forest and the moss is still that saturated green. That combined with dirt of tacky goodness is making for a pretty good (albeit a tad late) summer. Some old, some new but always better in the Whistler northsideClick image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1596384344942.jpeg 
Views:	54 
Size:	156.3 KB 
ID:	336085Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1596384349358.jpeg 
Views:	56 
Size:	161.0 KB 
ID:	336086Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1596384359701.jpeg 
Size:	225.0 KB 
ID:	336087Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1596384366773.jpeg 
Views:	61 
Size:	214.8 KB 
ID:	336088Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1596384370511.jpeg 
Size:	192.3 KB 
ID:	336089Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1596384377684.jpeg 
Views:	61 
Size:	177.8 KB 
ID:	336090Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1596384382407.jpeg 
Views:	54 
Size:	232.4 KB 
ID:	336091Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1596384390581.jpeg 
Size:	226.5 KB 
ID:	336092

^^exceptable gaslighting and deflection

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Nice bike stoke from everyone there.
    My legs are still struggling with 1000m days but girlfriend is forcing me up LOTS tomorrow morning no matter what. Got to get ready for chilcotins somehow.

^^^^^^^ very nice , keep em coming

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/can...aska-1.5670867

Latest word on the border, an artical by the people's broadcasting corp

86% of Canadians polled want the border left closed so there is no politcal will to re-open it

middle to late 2021 until the border opens is the estimate which would kill the ski season in Whistler
    Well, all the Canadians who normally travel south for skiing now need a new place to go, so....

Grizzly warning on Pot of Gold/Ninja lakes as of 3rd August.
    Rode LOTS yesterday was in great shape.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Hopefully just a heads up. Seeing wildlife in the wild is ok. But some Karen will probably kick up a fuss and get us banned from the area.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Saw the pics from Mitch Sulkers. Looks like a big one... to be honest I ride solo and don’t ride with bear spray (most of my riding is North Snore/Squamish) so that freaks me out a bit. Need to get some or maybe pass on Ninja Lakes. Of course actually needing to use it is extremely remote if you pay attention and take precautions, but still cause for concern.

Saw the pics from Mitch Sulkers. Looks like a big one... to be honest I ride solo and don’t ride with bear spray (most of my riding is North Snore/Squamish) so that freaks me out a bit. Need to get some or maybe pass on Ninja Lakes. Of course actually needing to use it is extremely remote if you pay attention and take precautions, but still cause for concern.
    just make lots of noise while you ride, particularly in areas with limited vision or if you're moving downhill relatively quickly...they don't really want to interact with you, and if you give them enough warning they'll likely make themselves scarce. If you do get bear spray, and for it to be useful and effective, it needs to be accessible immediately, I've either ski strapped it to my frame, or put it in waterbottle holder, or my big day chilcotins pack has an exterior bottle pockets on either side that I can reach with a hand. If you do have an encounter, it would likely be a surprise and if your spray is in your pack, it's useless.

just make lots of noise while you ride
    Use the old "baseball card in the spokes" trick!

Todd's advice is great but i wouldn't be too concerned about being alone out that way. When I intersected the hiking trails there was a group of maybe 25 influencers out there taking selfies and having lunch etc. You'll be fine solo, don't hesitate.

Todd's advice is great but i wouldn't be too concerned about being alone out that way. When I intersected the hiking trails there was a group of maybe 25 influencers out there taking selfies and having lunch etc. You'll be fine solo, don't hesitate.
    Lol damn influencers.

Thanks xyz and Todd. I am usually hollering in black bear territory and aren’t worried about encounters with them, just don’t have any grizzly experience. Was guided when in Chilcotins and had friends with spray strapped to their backpack front/side holster when riding up high around Golden and Nelson.

Hopefully get up there next week.

West Side Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1596952918044.jpeg 
Views:	60 
Size:	277.2 KB 
ID:	336691Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1596952928034.jpeg 
Views:	57 
Size:	195.9 KB 
ID:	336692Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1596952932164.jpeg 
Size:	151.0 KB 
ID:	336693

Finally got out to the Sea 2 Sky trail along Green Lake to Cal-Cheak etc on the gravel rig. With the valley trail I’d say 80% of the ride from pemb can be done without using the hwy. I probably should have been in the alpine but with so much sun in forecast we can do it all. And this route is pretty sweet on a gravel bike!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7637.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	242.0 KB 
ID:	336769
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7636.JPG 
Size:	203.7 KB 
ID:	336770Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7641.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	269.1 KB 
ID:	336771Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7644.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	217.8 KB 
ID:	336772

nice one! I think they just awarded the contract for the segment from Green River RR crossing towards Rutherford too. I did the full Sproatt alpine loop yesterday out to Ninja, Graham, definitely don't have to worry too much about being alone! I was riding out of function by 7:45am and there were already a couple of guys on the return when I was at the Hanging/Rainbow junction. Such an awesome network, the Rainbow Mtn views on ninja are exquisite. It's a big one though, I was 50km, 2700m of climbing, 6.5 hours round trip out of the interpretive parking lot. Flowers are firing on Pot of Gold, slopes filled with colour.

nice one! I think they just awarded the contract for the segment from Green River RR crossing towards Rutherford too. I did the full Sproatt alpine loop yesterday out to Ninja, Graham, definitely don't have to worry too much about being alone! I was riding out of function by 7:45am and there were already a couple of guys on the return when I was at the Hanging/Rainbow junction. Such an awesome network, the Rainbow Mtn views on ninja are exquisite. It's a big one though, I was 50km, 2700m of climbing, 6.5 hours round trip out of the interpretive parking lot. Flowers are firing on Pot of Gold, slopes filled with colour.
    Nice. I don't want to kill Sharon so am suggesting a ITM climb then out and back to the Ninja Loop then just exit via With A Twist back to Callaghan. That big a day will put her into gooned territory.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Nice. I don't want to kill Sharon so am suggesting a ITM climb then out and back to the Ninja Loop then just exit via With A Twist back to Callaghan. That big a day will put her into gooned territory.
    or conversely, get someone to drop you WAT trailhead, or as close as you can get above the mine. I was just about to pull out of the parking lot yesterdat too when 2 firetrucks, 2 ambulances, and 2 RCMP went screaming southbound on the highway, anther fucking motorcycle accident. I was pretty gooned, in bed and asleep by 9:30! haha

Nice one yourself! That’s a big day. Was Last Call etc mostly melted out and dry now?

Do you have a link to s2s plans, timing etc? The SLRD links to the maps etc seem to be broken for me.

Nice one yourself! That’s a big day. Was Last Call etc mostly melted out and dry now?

Do you have a link to s2s plans, timing etc? The SLRD links to the maps etc seem to be broken for me.
    yeah Last Call was pretty good, just a few snow patches here and there throughout the alpine but I bet most are gone after this week.

I'm not sure what the plan is 2S2 Trail wise for timing/construction, just talked to Zander about it last week and someone else had gotten the contract, we (my company) did the master plan a lot of years ago 2006!!), but I'm unsure what the final alignment for construction looks like in that area...preferred route runs east of the quarry at the Soo crossing along the Green River to fsr by moto track, alternative route is shadow lake side on west side of highway down to near the moto track.