Page 22 of 59 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Cowboy Ridge. MIN report posted re conditions. Skied out Singing Pass in 35 mins - it's running about as good as ever seen it
    Nice looking pack, what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jongle View Post
    Nice looking pack, what is it?
    http://alpinethreadworks.com/product...s-rolltop.html

$ 225 Cad. 4 years old and it looks brand new

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Cowboy Ridge. MIN report posted re conditions. Skied out Singing Pass in 35 mins - it's running about as good as ever seen it

Attachment 318337
    The new bridges are a borderline game changer.

North of Whistler #namaste Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200303_080150_625.jpeg 
Views:	68 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	318594Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200303_080150_617.jpeg 
Views:	73 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	318595Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200303_080150_616.jpeg 
Views:	84 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	318596

I noticed next season's Epic passes are now on sale and they've introduced a new option for WB called the "Whistler Blackcomb Day Pass" where you can buy from one to ten days at a significant discount. This certainly helps address complaints that day rates are too high, but it still requires forethought because I assume they will stop selling it in December like they do with the other Epic pass options. Effectively it's like an Edge card for people who don't live in either BC or Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I noticed next season's Epic passes are now on sale and they've introduced a new option for WB called the "Whistler Blackcomb Day Pass" where you can buy from one to ten days at a significant discount. This certainly helps address complaints that day rates are too high, but it still requires forethought because I assume they will stop selling it in December like they do with the other Epic pass options. Effectively it's like an Edge card for people who don't live in either BC or Washington.
    *Canada or Washington.

I live where it's embarrassingly flat and buy edge cards every season.

Effectively it's like an Edge card for people who don't live in either BC or Washington.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    *Canada or Washington.

I live where it's embarrassingly flat and buy edge cards every season.
    LMAO, did they remove Oregon from the EDGE card? That fucking hilarious, haha...

Any AC work happen today with the high winds? Trying to plan my day for tomorrow, should be fun times.

Next week is looking prime. Have my annual buddy trip starting Wednesday. Unfortunately I can only come up for one day, either Wednesday or Thursday. Forecast looks like it pukes all Wednesday and keeps going, though not as hard Thursday. I'm thinking Thursday will be better as I expect they won't get the Alpine open on Wednesday (at least based on what I read in this thread). What do the mags think? Also, are there any better ticket deals than the Epic buddy pass?

I hear it snowed today in WB. I wasn't there though, so can't be sure if it's true.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

15cms new I got to shovelClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20200305_162544.jpeg 
Views:	71 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	319009

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Next week is looking prime. Have my annual buddy trip starting Wednesday. Unfortunately I can only come up for one day, either Wednesday or Thursday. Forecast looks like it pukes all Wednesday and keeps going, though not as hard Thursday. I'm thinking Thursday will be better as I expect they won't get the Alpine open on Wednesday (at least based on what I read in this thread). What do the mags think? Also, are there any better ticket deals than the Epic buddy pass?
    Not widely available better deals. Hard to tell on the weather. Last forecast i saw was for thursday night to be the dump. its still so far away i wouldn't bank on anything until later if you can.

Edit.
    i'd say any AC they did early today is likely moot now. Winds still cranking right now.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Not widely available better deals. Hard to tell on the weather. Last forecast i saw was for thursday night to be the dump. its still so far away i wouldn't bank on anything until later if you can.

Edit.
    i'd say any AC they did early today is likely moot now. Winds still cranking right now.
    Thanks. If anyone wants to help a long time Mag with a not widely available deal, I would be stoked.

Yeah, forecast is shifting to Thursday night /Friday. As long as it keeps consistent snowfall now until then, I will be happy. We got skunked with no new snow at all last year.

Fucking hell. My conference scheduled for Mar 22-26 is now cancelled due to the virus.

Whistler 2019 - 2020

Not really any deals on lift tickets besides the 25-50% off vouchers from season pass/Epic holders, at least that I’ve seen.

Looks like 35ish new at the snow stake in 24h. Alpine should be good tomorrow where not wind hammered. Winds forecasted to die down overnight so hopefully they get stuff going in the morning. Stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Any AC work happen today with the high winds? Trying to plan my day for tomorrow, should be fun times.
    I'd say no. It was blowing and snowing like it's 1999, all day. Doubt they did any alpine control. Only Emerald, Red, Jersey, Crystal open but some wicked deep laps could be had in the terrain that was accessible by boot pack etc. Tomorrow will be legit if they can get anything open.

I was looking at the pass options too. I went from seasons pass for a number of years down to edge card last couple seasons due to cost. What I don’t get is why is a WB season pass more expensive than and Epic pass? Shouldn’t it be cheaper? I don’t want to ski at the 100 other shitty resorts Vail owns. In fact, all the other Vail resorts must be deserted since it seems everyone from America is in Whistler this year.

Yes, it should be cheaper, but obviously Vail is pushing their Epic Pass to get people to travel and spend even more money. Keep in mind that the WB passes are quoted in CAD and the Epic Passes are in USD, so the price difference isn't as much as it might initially appear.

Used be that the Whistler pass got you discounts IE food, that the Epic pass didn’t. But it seems they added that to the Epic pass this year, so maybe the only difference is ski shop discounts and different buddy passes? Pretty sure they would like to just have one pass, but If they only offered the Epic, locals would scream about Vail corrupting the Whistler experience and forcing them to pay US $ to ski.

The other difference is the WB season passes still have discounts for seniors: 65+ is $949 and 75+ is $199. I don't think the Epic Pass has any kind of reduction for seniors.

Well today was pretty fucking sweet.

Acceptable Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200306_101039.jpeg 
Views:	82 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	319126Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200306_101046.jpeg 
Views:	93 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	319127

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Well today was pretty fucking sweet.
    uh, yup! runs of the year for me on MD and KP...very high quality snow, sun, blue sky...nice

Sick day today! Got held up by an accident on the upper levels so was half way back in the Harmony line but still managed first H5. Boomer, Wet Dreams, Robertson’s skiers left trees all awesome but anything S/E was cooked by the time it opened at 10:15... couple Flute laps to end off a stellar day, didn’t have the legs for Khyber at 2:30 unfortunately #dadbodprobs.

Lines on Whistler were bad for a weekday. Probably should’ve gone to the darkside. Saw a poor soul on top of Flute set down his skis without deploying Dynafit brakes and one slid off toward Cheakamus Lake. Not sure if he managed to catch it (I didn’t have skins/pack to assist).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0616.JPG 
Views:	179 
Size:	821.5 KB 
ID:	319161

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Sick day today! Got held up by an accident on the upper levels so was half way back in the Harmony line but still managed first H5. Boomer, Wet Dreams, Robertson’s skiers left trees all awesome but anything S/E was cooked by the time it opened at 10:15... couple Flute laps to end off a stellar day, didn’t have the legs for Khyber at 2:30 unfortunately #dadbodprobs.

Lines on Whistler were bad for a weekday. Probably should’ve gone to the darkside. Saw a poor soul on top of Flute set down his skis without deploying Dynafit brakes and one slid off toward Cheakamus Lake. Not sure if he managed to catch it (I didn’t have skins/pack to assist).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0616.JPG 
Views:	179 
Size:	821.5 KB 
ID:	319161
    Do you mean both South & East facing or just south east facing?
    Darkside was pretty busy too. Spankys was mauled quickly. fucking tbar not running seriously fucks things up.