Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59
Results 1,451 to 1,461 of 1461
    Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    I mean, if you show up late in creekside sure, it might be a problem, don't show up late! Dates are still available because they basically don't have a hard cap with any type of serious reductions in capacity, they're just operating on the "we think we have more than enough capacity to handle demand" train of thought and if it gets close they just don't sell day tickets. Third hand info, fwiw, but I was told that Sonnetag told a client that Vail/WB was forecasting a 60%+ reduction in visitation. Tourism Whistler apparently forecasting 40-50. I'm not sure I believe those projections, there's lots of demand for WB and skiing in the lower mainland, and if they wanted to fill up the hill all they have to do is rethink their current pass/pricing model.
    yeah but i think the definition of "late" is going to get a whole lot earlier if no one carpools. i mean if the number of cars that show up by time X goes up 3x... i try to be out the door by 615 from van. i'd rather not make that too much earlier

your forecasting data of course will help to offset this. hoping it's right. i've been saying springing for a full pass was either the best or worst decision, but with la nina and ppl scared off by the reservation system, maybe things are pointing to the former...

Quote Originally Posted by raypruit View Post
    i've been saying springing for a full pass was either the best or worst decision, but with la nina and ppl scared off by the reservation system, maybe things are pointing to the former...
    well, I definitely made the wrong decision last year getting a pass, probably the worst season I've had in 18 years on the mountain between bad early season, and then just lift breakdowns or alpine opening issues every time I was up, then of course, the covid....we're getting a nice payback with la Nina this year, right??!! hahaha

Keep in mind there will be nearly zero American cars in the parking lots. That's a big factor right there. I think carpooling will be reduced somewhat, but I doubt it's going to be a massive difference.

I think the parking lots will be roughly the same.

Upload from the valley is going to be ssssslllooowwww, if bike park was any indicator of what its going to be like.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    I mean, if you show up late in creekside sure, it might be a problem, don't show up late! Dates are still available because they basically don't have a hard cap with any type of serious reductions in capacity, they're just operating on the "we think we have more than enough capacity to handle demand" train of thought and if it gets close they just don't sell day tickets. Third hand info, fwiw, but I was told that Sonnetag told a client that Vail/WB was forecasting a 60%+ reduction in visitation. Tourism Whistler apparently forecasting 40-50. I'm not sure I believe those projections, there's lots of demand for WB and skiing in the lower mainland, and if they wanted to fill up the hill all they have to do is rethink their current pass/pricing model.
    So accounting group in CO is figuring out how to use this "60% reduction " into banking tax credits, write offs and debt relief into more future profit than had they just had a normal season. The big fish just gonna get bigger in all this. A rethink on the price model will be harder to claw back down the road.

i've been saying springing for a full pass was either the best or worst decision, but with la nina and ppl scared off by the reservation system, maybe things are pointing to the former...
    im leaning this way for sure , gambled on a three and a half month trip , full pass and the option of some good touring on high season days will pay dividends im sure

Can people not see that there is a new thread for this year?
    New year. New thread.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Can people not see that there is a new thread for this year?
    New year. New thread.
    If it gives you hives that we bounce back n forth between the new thread and the old thread we'll just keep doing that to piss you off.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    If it gives you hives that we bounce back n forth between the new thread and the old thread we'll just keep doing that to piss you off.
    No. Please don't. I can juggle 2 threads OK but what if someone gets really inspired and then brings 2018 back into play?
    I can't do 3. I'm best in a monogamous relationship.
    Of course, 2018 was a good year! So maybe we should
    ... just to unjinx everything.

yeah but i think the definition of "late" is going to get a whole lot earlier if no one carpools. i mean if the number of cars that show up by time X goes up 3x... i try to be out the door by 615 from van. i'd rather not make that too much earlier

your forecasting data of course will help to offset this. hoping it's right. i've been saying springing for a full pass was either the best or worst decision, but with la nina and ppl scared off by the reservation system, maybe things are pointing to the former...
    The last couple seasons, I try to leave Mount Pleasant by 5:45 on weekend powder days. Park at 7:30ish at a leisurely driving pace and then you end up decently far up the Creekside lineup and get more mid mountain pow laps. It’s early, but you also reduce the chances of highway fuckery a lot by getting on the road before 6. Such is life for a weekend warrior citiot these days.

Wondering if covid cases ramping will impact WB operating plans, or if it being an outdoor activity (besides gondolas) assures they will open. Seeing resorts shut down in Europe can’t make them feel comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    The last couple seasons, I try to leave Mount Pleasant by 5:45 on weekend powder days. Park at 7:30ish at a leisurely driving pace and then you end up decently far up the Creekside lineup and get more mid mountain pow laps. It’s early, but you also reduce the chances of highway fuckery a lot by getting on the road before 6. Such is life for a weekend warrior citiot these days.

Wondering if covid cases ramping will impact WB operating plans, or if it being an outdoor activity (besides gondolas) assures they will open. Seeing resorts shut down in Europe can’t make them feel comfortable.
    My biggest fear is it being a US decision to shut everything they own down again. Similar to how every restaurant in town were slamming busy all summer but GLC Merlins and Dustys were all closed because Vail decided it was too risky.