Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Carpet cleaning?

So I order online this green carpet service. Whole house special.

Guy shows up, starts vacuuming and then comes to me with a whole list of add ons and not included in quote. Total is now 2X the price online.

I send him packing

So now I need the carpets cleaned this week.

WWMD?

Hire another service? Which type?

Rent a carpet cleaner?

Buy a carpet cleaner?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Carpet cleaning?

We just rented a carpet cleaner from Petsmart and are very happy and will do it again, since we bought a bottle of the liquid detergent, and the results are good. Apparently it’s the same or similar rental machine as at Lowe’s but cheaper. It’s easy, it’s a fancy vacuum. ~$35
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

WWMD?
    Contract with businesses based on personal referrals? If you have the time, do it yourself. If not, find someone that has great reputation. Good carpet cleaners ain't cheap. Shitty ones don't really clean your carpet. Get it? Oh...if you don't have a rubber pad, best off just assuming that your socks will be getting wet for the next month of so.

The amount of stuff that hides in a carpet is obscene

rip that shit up and instal laminate

probably a better thing for your health

especialy if there are allergies in the fam
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Why stop there? Just tell him to tear down the entire house and start over from scratch so he can do it right this time around.
    I still call it The Jake.

When I had carpet I used a local small business that used beat up rape vans and was happy with the service. One thing to consider is have them do the auto carpeting/upholstery at the same time.

Fuck that shit. Just let the carpet get grungier and grungier. When 20 years old, replace. Preferably with hardwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    best off just assuming that your socks will be getting wet for the next month of so.
    Seriously, the ONLY time that makes sense to have your carpet cleaned is when you are leaving town for at least a week.

Carpet is fucking gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    So now I need the carpets cleaned this week.

WWMD?
    Just tell them the truth and claim self defense. Once they get the warrant they'll luminol the place and you're fucked.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I will break character for a minute and give you the skinny on carpet.

a. no matter what you buy, eventually it will get rolled up and thrown in the garbage...don't matter how much you pad.
    b. unless you like off-gassing and having a sponge under your carpet, spring for the expensive rubber bad.
    c. in you have pets, continuous loop carpet will get destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Why stop there? Just tell him to tear down the entire house and start over from scratch so he can do it right this time around.
    well what I really mean is torch the place/claim the insurance so he can rebuild the house with real floors but you don't wana leave that kind of thing out there so he was supposed to read between the lines

I'm seriuos tho, you only need to consider how often you have to sweep a floor cuz there is so much debris vs how often you didnt vacum cuz the carpet hid it all
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    <snip> how often you didnt vacum cuz the carpet hid it all
    One of the great advantages of carpet.

The carpet cleaners you can buy at walmart or rent at lowes work OK.

You can rent a professional level carpet extractor from United Rents, Sunbelt, etc... They are easy to use and work a lot better than the home use carpet cleaners. Probably $200 a day. But it is messy, hot, tiring work.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

The internet is for selling products not services but cheep fucks think they can get a service on the internet for bottom dollar and everything will turn out ok unfortunately every service provided is custom and there is no way to set a price with out actually looking at the job in person Amazon and angies list beg to differ though they just find the biggest sucker out there

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app

Nuke from orbit, behead the remains.

Rule 1
    The last guy left enough soap behind so only clean with hot water. Use a spray bottle to spot clean or to mist a really dirty carpet.
    Soap attracts dirt so leaving soap behind it gets dirty more quickly

Rule 2
    Only spray water on the pull stroke. Release the trigger on the push stroke. Otherwise it gets too wet.

Rule 3.
    Pro models work best

Caveat to rule three. The cheap upright cleaners are great for small areas and late night vomit dog shit or red wine
    . . .

we use chem-dry. I've done it myself with a rented machine but chem dry does it much better. the carpet is dry in a few hours. There are franchises all over--there are several in Colorado, don't know if they're near enough to you. Like all franchise businesses the quality depends on the individual franchisee. Vacuum the hell out of the carpet before chem-dry comes. Don't worry, there will still be plenty of of dirt for them to vacuum up before they clean.

Goat, how much does chem dry charge? The new rug doctor machines are pretty good but I hate doing it. Do they move any furniture or do you have to do it?

I've told the story before but we rented a place near the beach for a summer and right after labor day I came home and some guys were just finishing up cleaning the carpets. Turns out they broke in - a guy climbed through the window to get in and open the door for the other guys. Also turns out they were in the wrong house.

Guy tried to get me to pay for it but we had money in the deposit for carpet cleaning because of our dogs, and I wasn't gonna pay twice just because they were dumb fucks. Sorry buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Goat, how much does chem dry charge? The new rug doctor machines are pretty good but I hate doing it. Do they move any furniture or do you have to do it?
    I don't remember the charge. My wife probably does but I won't wake her up to ask. We've always moved the furniture; I assume they would but charge more of course. Don't know for sure. Most years we move everything but the sofa in the living room/dining room and just work around the beds in the bedroom.
    The folks here in Truckee are good people, we've used them a bunch. It's one guy that does the work, so maybe doesn't move big furniture?

Im once again considering buying a home use carpet cleaner for small areas. Shoot me now. However, the right device seems a lot better than spraying solution and ending up grinding some of the dog shit further into the carpet no matter how much you remove. Milo isn't getting any younger or more continent. Any recommendations for something that will suck that crap up? And yes, the whole carpet gets cleaned occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Im once again considering buying a home use carpet cleaner for small areas. Shoot me now. However, the right device seems a lot better than spraying solution and ending up grinding some of the dog shit further into the carpet no matter how much you remove. Milo isn't getting any younger or more continent. Any recommendations for something that will suck that crap up? And yes, the whole carpet gets cleaned occasionally.
    We've been through about 3 of these over the last 10 years. You can grab them factory refurbished off of eBay for about $100.

They work great.

https://www.bissell.com/spotbot-spot...aner-2117.html

So they only last about 3.5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    So they only last about 3.5 years?
    Yeah, the hoses tend to split and crack where they join the handle. They're easily replaced and only run about $20. With two adults, two kids, & two cats, it probably gets used a few times a week. The automatic function actually works pretty well.