Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Bauer?

Eddie Bauer?

Anyone have any experience with Eddie Bauer technical gear? Seems to be built quite nice and they run killer sales a lot

I had a pair of their guide gloves that I really liked. High quality and like you said they run 50-65% all the time.... that’s about the extent of my experience tho.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Love Eddie Bauer. Always seem to be on sale. Haven't bought any super technical gear but their puffies and flannels are super solid. Also if you're tall and skinny, they make tall sizes which is probably my main reason for buying from them

Biggest problem by far with that eb first ascent stuff is that the brobras with multiple gopros and florescent dead bird gear won't respect you when you're wearing it. Even if you're spancered...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

It's excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I've used quite a bit of their gear over the years and generally had a very positive experience. I would say that, on the whole, the quality is about equivalent to brands like Mountain Hardwear and Outdoor Research - maybe a smidge lower, but the nice part about EB gear is that it all comes backed with an unlimited, no questions asked, 100% return policy. Sometimes the fit can be a little strange (it's not as dialed as Arc'teryx fit, that's for sure), but it's hard to beat the price.

The trick to buying Eddie Bauer is to get them on deep, deep discounts. 50% off of 50% already should be more or less the norm. I'm using their BC Evertherm Jacket as one of my main touring layers this year, and I paid $120 for it - it's normally $500 (or so they say - who pays retail for their stuff?)

Other favorites of mine include their Guide pants (fucking solid), their windbreaker pieces (UL softshell), Sandstone Shield softshell, and their UL down hoodies. All decent layers - and the cost to value ratio is just insane.

My wife has two of their down jackets. The shells are pertex, and the cut/fit is good, but they leak down more than other "outdoor" brands.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Biggest problem by far with that eb first ascent stuff is that the brobras with multiple gopros and florescent dead bird gear won't respect you when you're wearing it. Even if you're spancered...
    This

I often wondered about the EB, it doesnt look very technical but I cna't say for sure, how much does the stuff weigh, if you are just gona go shoot beercans at tthe gravel pit does weight matter ?

Does it fit to a more slender build cuz when I go into the local hunting out-door shop and there are no sizes to fit small azn man
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    PM Drew Tabke

I like their stuff too
    Had a pair of EB ski pants that I wore for several yrs and they are still some of my favorites. I even bought a second pair of them I liked them so much. Good materials and useful features and as someone else mentioned- so inexpensive relative.
    I give them 2 thumbs up
    skid luxury

I own several pieces. Absolutely love the guide pro pant, i even run them for hunting. Super comfortable and tough. They have a nice stretch to them. Own a couple puffies that are awesome pieces as well. All of it is quality gear that fits me perfect as well as functional.

I'm tall, skinnyish and hike/skin a lot and EB makes the only 3L bibs I've found that come in M tall that work for all that. In fact this thread made me go take a look and I scored this year's version for half off.

My only experience is with their 3L stuff - and when it's on sale I think it's a damn good deal. Since it's on sale so much I'd never pay full price for it, but on discount I don't think you can do better.
    Last edited by kathleenturneroverdrive; 12-09-2019 at 12:57 PM.

I worked there once in the corporate headquarters.

Outlet stuff is garbage. They like to proliferate the market with their logo which unfortunately cheapens the image.

When your diabetic obese uncle wears EB gear while he wheel chairs into the community center for Bingo night its hard to market that logo to the same individuals climbing Mt Everest, but they try. Their bread and butter is like 25-40 yr old casual outdoors people.

First Ascent is their attempt to compete with North Face, it’s nice stuff and can’t beat the value.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post

First Ascent
    I thought they'd dropped that and were just EB now?

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Maybe they did, Not sure.

didnt EB spancer an everest expedition back in the day before everyone including my diabetic uncle summited ?

I heard it said once Climbers would carry your toaster oven to the summit if you foot the bill
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    didnt EB spancer an everest expedition back in the day
    Whittaker's 1963

Whittaker's 1963
    few big names in here...

https://www.eddiebauer.com/campaign/guides

Ed V being top IMHO......if you ask me if he'll wear it I will.

Eddie Bauer?

I’m built like an orangutan... Their LT size is my jam.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

I thought so too, but the Freshline bibs have both logos on there

I love EB stuff. But then again, I am old dude. Bought enough that I now get free shipping on whatever plus occasional rewards $ credit.

And yes of their discounts. Great prices on headlamps too and well as some other shit. Good stuff to buy for your Secret Santa and other randos you need to buy stuff for for your xmas obligations like throw blankets ($20) or said headlamps(<$10).

Eddie Bauer fan for life.

I still have my First Ascent hoody, super comfortable and breaths really well and doesn't stink. Minor wear and tear over the years of wearing it for just about every ski tour I've done and still holding up solid.

I bought one of their shells a few years back, wore it for a hut trip and on the ski out from the hut I ripped it on a tree branch, duct taped the inside of the tear and got me by for the next day or two. Got back home, took the shell to Eddie Bauer store, asked them what they could do. The retail associate called up Eddie Bauer corporate HQ, got me on the phone with them, told them what happened and the next thing I heard was, "we'll have that new shell shipped out for you within the week" Solid Customer Service.

I have some of their Guide Pants and they fit wonderful, so much less noisy and baggy than similar pants from REI.

PM Drew Tabke
    doesnt he ski in jeans

/bringin’ back tags

Worth mentioning here - Eddie Bauer's top of the line waterproof/breathable baffled down parka is on sale for $249... this jacket is BURLY, and really, a hell of a deal:

https://www.eddiebauer.com/p/3883222...xv-down-jacket