Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Bauer?

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Worth mentioning here - Eddie Bauer's top of the line waterproof/breathable baffled down parka is on sale for $249... this jacket is BURLY, and really, a hell of a deal:

https://www.eddiebauer.com/p/3883222...xv-down-jacket
    This. I have it. Armageddon level shit for folks that run cold.

They were selling puffy jackets for 39 bucks. I didn’t bite but almost. Probably should’ve at that price who cares

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    They were selling puffy jackets for 39 bucks. I didn’t bite but almost. Probably should’ve at that price who cares
    Those are their lower end stuff. Decent if you need something in a pinch, but not close to their First Ascent stuff.

Just bought the guide pro ski pant to check out for the skintrack. Thanks for the heads up.

Eddie Bauer?

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Just bought the guide pro ski pant to check out for the skintrack. Thanks for the heads up.
    These seem like a good deal if they will hold up to abuse and shed water from snow storms while skinning.

Anyone have experience with them or EB’s warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    These seem like a good deal if they will hold up to abuse and shed water from snow storms while skinning.

Anyone have experience with them or EB’s warranty?
    Haven't used the guide pro ski pant (had my eyes on it for a while), but I've warrantied a couple items with Eddie Bauer over the years, and they truly have the best warranty in the industry. No questions asked, 100% of the time. I would buy with absolute confidence - even if their gear isn't quite as good as the dead bird, their warranty (and prices) more than make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I worked there once in the corporate headquarters.

Outlet stuff is garbage. They like to proliferate the market with their logo which unfortunately cheapens the image.
    Pro tip: Check the label; if the “E” in “Eddie” is grey but the rest of the logo is black, it was made specifically for the outlet, and is lower quality. (I ran one of their outlets many moons ago.)

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Haven't used the guide pro ski pant (had my eyes on it for a while), but I've warrantied a couple items with Eddie Bauer over the years, and they truly have the best warranty in the industry. No questions asked, 100% of the time. I would buy with absolute confidence - even if their gear isn't quite as good as the dead bird, their warranty (and prices) more than make up for it.
    Good to know. I haven't bought anything from EB since I lived in Seattle. That was mostly their clothing line and honestly, it was garbage.

The First Accent stuff is actually good quality. I have worked some events where the issued uniforms were provided by EB First Accent. With those first hand real life experiences I have purchased some personal First Accent stuff since then.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    PM Drew Tabke
    I have some experience with Tabke's cast-off surplus FA stuff and it seems really nice, but yeah, I'm a dead bird guy . . .

I got the Powder Search(?) pants for work and while I think they would be ok for skiing, I only use for work. Toasty and dry and a great price on the 50% off.

Just ordered the Guide Pro Ski Tour pants @ 50% off.

I can return them to the local store if they don’t fit or are not what I want.

I got the freshline bibs for $224. I did not get them yet but it seems to be a good deal.

General complaints about EB. I like their first ascent stuff but I always find the sleeves too short. They always run out of smaller sizes.

Guide pro ski pants arrived. They shed water from the tap like a duck's back, are plenty stretchy, and have lots of zippered pockets. I'm a little concerned they will be too warm for touring and honestly they are quite a bit heavier than my baggy ass Flylow Neoshell pants.

I'm waffling on whether to keep them or not.

Attempted to swing by the outlet to pick up a cheap puffy for AT. They were in the process of locking up when several customers and myself arrived at 4 o’clock.

They seemed all pissed off that we would show up.

Eddie Bauer?

I almost bought one of their puffies on sale but chickened our because it was so cheap

I have a Eddie Bauer fleece that’s almost 20 years old and still going strong despite lots of use

Id like them more but still annoyed there was an EB branded Explorer during peak Explorer sales and my douche neighbor still drives one

FedEx lost my small freshline, and the mediums got cancelled by EB because they ran out of stock.

Anyone have experience with EB and lost package?

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I almost bought one of their puffies on sale but chickened our because it was so cheap
    That’s what I’m after- cheap to store in a pack.

I think one of their models was on sale for $39. With hoodie $59. Kinda perfect for backpack use within their heat capability

I’ve used the Guide Pro ski pants extensively for ski touring, great value and performance. Their Nano Air knock off is tits, I wore it ski touring last season for 20+ days, only time I took it off was when it was close to 32f. Incredible breath ability and warmth for the weight. Sandstone shield soft shell is wonderful I live in it skiing lift served and it’s always in my pack when touring. Really wish they hadn’t discontinued the Nail driver pants, unless it’s wet I use them for lift serve exclusively. Like soft shell Carharts with cargo pockets. Glad I have a new back up pair in storage.

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    Anyone have experience with EB and lost package?
    I haven't had an experience with an EB package getting lost in transit, but I have had a few occasions where I've had magnum-sale purchases canceled due to "running out of stock". On at least two of those occasions, I went to their website, saw that the item that got canceled was listed as available, and called their CS and complained about the cancellation. Both times they relented -- once after I actually re-ordered the item separately while on the phone with them to demonstrate that they were still listing the item as in-stock -- and sent me the items at the original sale price. So sometimes you have be persistent to get things that are on their super sales.

Good luck!

cheers,
    john

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Feast your eyes on this sexy beast!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4722A06D-FE4F-49FD-852F-1E0FC98AD4AF.jpeg 
Views:	135 
Size:	433.8 KB 
ID:	308658
    Pretty sweet rig truth be told

where's the rest of it ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

FWIW - I toured on a 28 degree day this week in my new Guide Pro Pants and with the light Patty base layer, I was comfortable up and down. Oh and they are now on sale for $79 - https://www.eddiebauer.com/p/3883231...lor=Dk%20Smoke