Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Eddie Bauer?

^cool.

Has anyone gotten their CirrusLite down jackets? Are they shit or decent? I’m not expecting Patty Down Sweater quality but for $40 currently, is it worth picking one up for causal wearing and occasional layering on the hill?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    ^cool.

Has anyone gotten their CirrusLite down jackets? Are they shit or decent? I’m not expecting Patty Down Sweater quality but for $40 currently, is it worth picking one up for causal wearing and occasional layering on the hill?
    I don't know that particular jacket but I have an old Eddie bauer micro puffy that's going strong since 2008 with only one small hole I patched with tape. Still lots of loft.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

^cool.

The Cirrus is their low end, mass market down. I think they say 600 fill. Usually not a ton of feathers. It's $40 so you shouldn't have too high of hopes. The Downlight jacket is their real, higher end puffy and is very good.

The High Route and the Haute Route differ how?
    I’m not sure, is it grid fleece? They charge the names so often. The grid fleece that I have is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Eddie Bauer?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I’m not sure, is it grid fleece? They charge the names so often. The grid fleece that I have is awesome.

Yeah: https://www.eddiebauer.com/p/1295054...=1&color=Black

It’s now 50% so $45. Seems like a good piece on the days I don’t need my R1.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    I just ordered this. never cold again

https://www.eddiebauer.ca/p/10112526...e=Regular&sp=1

50% off
    Anybody know what the sizing is like on these? Thinking large, but tempted to go XL since a snug-fitting onesie is quite uncomfortable in the crotch arena. 6'0" 185lbs.

Yeah: https://www.eddiebauer.com/p/1295054...=1&color=Black

It’s now 50% so $45. Seems like a good piece on the days I don’t need my R1.
    That’s the one that I have. Really nice. I could see touring in it with a t shirt underneath. Very breathable.

^cool.

Yes, I got a couple last year for $40 and wear one as a under layer for lift served. The other gets thrown in my touring or kayaking pack and has been quite handy. For $40 would buy again.

Does anyone have experience with the Powder Search Insulated Bib (or the pants). Wondering about fit. Price seems really good right now and I have been happy with my EB purchases lately although they have all been Guide Pro and Mountain Ops gear

Quote Originally Posted by weibo View Post
    Does anyone have experience with the Powder Search Insulated Bib (or the pants). Wondering about fit. Price seems really good right now and I have been happy with my EB purchases lately although they have all been Guide Pro and Mountain Ops gear
    I have the insulated pants. They are definitely good winter pants, but I have been using them for work in past years though may be going with the guide pants more…we’ll see. I don’t think I have grabbed them for the hill. Tend to like skiing in something a little more streamlined for lack of a better term, and I find the PS just a tad bulkier.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Yes, I got a couple last year for $40 and wear one as a under layer for lift served. The other gets thrown in my touring or kayaking pack and has been quite handy. For $40 would buy again.
    Yeah, at $40 the cirruslite stuff is a great deal. I've abused one for a year and it's holding up great. I just ordered a few more. I love having a few puffy's I don't have to baby. They're obviously not belay coat levels of insulation, but they're reasonably well made and I can just wear 2 if it's cold.

In my experience EB runs pretty large. I'm 6'6" 210# and the large/tall is usually a good fit or a little baggy. Tall guys get on it, you can finally own a puffy that doesn't fit like a crop top.

Quote Originally Posted by juanrogera View Post
    Anybody know what the sizing is like on these? Thinking large, but tempted to go XL since a snug-fitting onesie is quite uncomfortable in the crotch arena. 6'0" 185lbs.
    Their sizing can be a bit inconsistent, but generally runs large. You would definitely be a large (or even medium) in most of their stuff. No idea how the onesie fits tho

Quote Originally Posted by WhetherMan View Post
    Their sizing can be a bit inconsistent, but generally runs large. You would definitely be a large (or even medium) in most of their stuff. No idea how the onesie fits tho
    Thanks for that. I went with a size large. Being a unisex garment I hope it works out.

Anyone using the BC Dura 3L Jacket? I need a new shell for skiing, looks pretty good for $200 right now. Size S the way to go at 5'-6" 155 lbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Anyone using the BC Dura 3L Jacket? I need a new shell for skiing, looks pretty good for $200 right now. Size S the way to go at 5'-6" 155 lbs?
    Haven’t handled the jacket but sweetbippy has the bibs and they’re really nice, top quality materials and construction. Bargain

Eddie Bauer?

Picked up this for $40 at the local store. Similar to the CirrusLite basic line but has a little better material, a chest pocket, narrower ribbing and no logo on the left chest, which I love.

https://www.eddiebauer.com/p/1011252...p=1&color=Rust
    Last edited by The SnowShow; 11-23-2021 at 12:57 PM.

What's up with the "weatheredge" shell material they use now? I have the event freshline bibs and they are amazing. First pants that I can sit on wet spring snow and not get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocximus View Post
    What's up with the "weatheredge" shell material they use now? I have the event freshline bibs and they are amazing. First pants that I can sit on wet spring snow and not get wet.
    It’s good and their DWR coating is as good as it gets

down suit has shipped. hows the sizing?

What is EB doing? A$AP?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1872.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	406979