Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Replacement for Line Supernatural 108

Hi, I am looking for a replacement for my Line Supernatural 108 skis. I've been skiing these since 2014 and I love them. I am on my 3rd set and I seem to break them once every 2 years, so unfortunately I am scheduled to break them this year. They have been discontinued for a while and I am looking for a replacement.

I have demo'ed a few skis and have yet to find anything I like as much as my lines. I've tried the Nordica enforcer, stockli stormrider 105 and the Atomic Vantage and they all are comparatively soft flexing and don't feel nearly as stable through crud/ICY chop/ bumps(I ski in Maine). On groomed snow I felt like I was hitting those skis speed limits. Not sure where to look for my next set, most of the skis that are available for demo seem to be not really what I am looking for.

I do alot with these skis from East coast ice to powder, to touring in the presidentials, and I really like them. Anyone know the most similar new ski you can buy? (Stiff, moderate-wide, long radius) also if anyone has an unmounted or lightly used pair in the closet, I will happily buy them from you

Blizzard Cochise?
    [Though I think the Cochise is substantially more damp. Though I should note that I've only skied the SN 100, not the 108, and the 108 was supposed to be stiffer/more demanding than the 100. But even then, I think the Cochise will be burlier - perhaps quite substantially.]

I really like the Cochise. For me, the SN simply seemed less stable, more twitchy and, while nice, I'd far prefer the Cochise.

That said, I really like the Cochise - the newer versions are lighter, perhaps more appropriate for icier/firmer conditions - so they seem like a good alternative.

[The Cochise was nearly always featured as a similar ski in most of the reviews I saw.]
    If you were in Portland OR, you'd be welcome to try mine.

x2 on the Cochise. Or maybe the Invictus 108.

moment commander 108 is a pretty comparable ski

Mindbender 108

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Cochise! (not for a touring set up of course) Or wait until next year with the redesign of the Blizzard FreeRide line (Cochise, Bonafide, etc.) Everything is softer now compared to skis of yesteryear including the cochise. Also check out the K2 Mindbenders 108

No time on SN108 but plenty on Cochise and I’m now in the Black Crows Corvus fan club as a looser replacement for Cochise. 188s are 2050g a ski w/ metal
    — to add another candidate
    Last edited by CascadeLuke; 12-09-2019 at 09:16 AM.

Wren 108?

Quote Originally Posted by MMMSKI View Post
    Cochise! (not for a touring set up of course)
    I think the SN108 was similar in weight to the Cochise.

That said the Corvus or Commander would be a lot more fun to lug uphill.

Was thinking about this - and the resort ski vs a touring/uphill ski.

If you like the SN or the Cochise, then the touring option is the ZeroG 108. AFAIK, it's the same dimensions as the Cochise, but lighter-weight. And having skied them, I can say they can be pushed amazingly hard. They're not a Cochise, but they are very good.

If you're skinning laps, you shouldn't need the chop/crud-busting power of a SN or Cochise anyway.

You can pick either, depending on how you want to tilt your choices - light or burly. [Or, even better, get both!]

I've been touring for the last 5 years on my sn's (with frame binding and no walk mode) yeah it's not efficient, but I don't wanna tour in anything else because I feel like 75% of my tours end up being high density wind packed or heavy slush. Also my inbounds to skinning ratio is probably 7:1.

I have skied a few runs on the SN100 (definitely not a comprehensive review) and it feels like a totally different ski from the 108, even the hand flex test shows it to be far softer.

I am going to check out the Cochise if I get a chance to demo them, most of the other skis mentioned are not really demo-able, but I would consider an on3p if they have a comparable ski. I have on3p powder skis for Western trips, and the 1 deep day per year at Sugarloaf, and I love them.

Quote Originally Posted by MMMSKI View Post
    Cochise! (not for a touring set up of course) Or wait until next year with the redesign of the Blizzard FreeRide line (Cochise, Bonafide, etc.) Everything is softer now compared to skis of yesteryear including the cochise. Also check out the K2 Mindbenders 108
    I've noticed skis are trending softer and lighter, I think it's because for most average skiers, if they buy a heavy burly ski for the liftline cred they will usually end up hating it and not buying from that brand again

I think you should just find a SN108 and live in the past with your 10 year old touring approach like some hard headed boomer.

Corvus + Shifts + Lupo boots = modern day winner that will change your mind

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    I think you should just find a SN108 and live in the past with your 10 year old touring approach like some hard headed boomer.
    Dude!?! Did you just do a speedball and someone dosed you with Narcan, so now you're just plain amped up and angry ... or something? Sheesh. Calm down satan.

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    Dude!?! Did you just do a speedball and someone dosed you with Narcan, so now you're just plain amped up and angry ... or something? Sheesh. Calm down satan.
    Don’t be a pussy this is tgr. And F U - for calling me satan.

Typical minimal poster asks for group input but has his mind made up about the skis being produced these days that we’ll recommend. You can waste your time.....

Did you just do a speedball and someone dosed you with Narcan, so now you're just plain amped up and angry
    I think you meant to say "Yes."
    HAND.

I think you meant to say "Yes."
    HAND.
    Nope I meant this

I second sruffian, Moment commander 108 would be a great ski for you. I think I saw a pair for sale on here not too long ago. Could still be up

Mindbender 108 would be an immediate response for anyone looking to replace a SN108. The other options mentioned are all good too.

Quote Originally Posted by kwilder View Post
    because I feel like 75% of my tours end up being high density wind packed or heavy slush. Also my inbounds to skinning ratio is probably 7:1.
    Same, doesn't stop me from using my ZeroG 105s (replaced 108s) with sub 300g tech bindings because they still rip through that stuff and ski better than any ski mounted with a frame binding... This isn't 2010... Frame bindings are dead for a reason. Mount whatever you get with a shift or CAST or wait a year for the Marker DukePT.

I would consider an on3p if they have a comparable ski..
    Wrenegade 108 ti.

I also love my Supernatural 108's and have been searching for a worthy replacement for about a season. What separates the SN108 from other heavy metal directional skis is that it's extremely manageable and can be loose-ish if you want it to be while still maintaining great suspension and power. So in that respect, I think it's a fairly unique shape.

So far, my list of potential replacements are: Mindbender 108, Wren/Woods 108, Enforcer 104/110, and Commander 108. So far, I've skied the Enforcers and Mindbenders and I think the Enforcer 104 might actually provide the most similar feel. It doesn't seem like it on paper with a different shape and mount point but it charges without being difficult to manage. The Enforcer 110 and Mindbender 108 feel similar but can't be pushed quite as hard as the SN108.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Mindbender 108 would be an immediate response for anyone looking to replace a SN108.
    Skis like the MIndbender 108, Rustler 11, and Völkl's upcoming new Katana (or whatever they end up calling it) are new school versions of that type of ski - moderate tail rocker rather than flat, drastically reduced amounts of Titanal, precise but more pop and less tenacious coming out of the turn with easier turn initiation. Not exactly what OP is asking for, but he might like them better if he gave them a try.

What’s that « upcoming new Katana », any more details ?

Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanbo View Post
    What’s that « upcoming new Katana », any more details ?
    ^^ this times ten. Do enlighten us. Will it replace the Vwerks katana? Or the Confession?

I maybe have a pair of SN108 in really good condition that I'd consider selling. I love the ski but live in Florida so it doesn't always make the trip out west with me. Probably used 15-20 days and had them tuned at the end of last year so the bases and edges are pristine. PM if interested but I honestly don't know what I'd replace them with so I'm not motivated to part with them.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    ^^ this times ten. Do enlighten us. Will it replace the Vwerks katana? Or the Confession?
    Ohh god, no! Don’t change it!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums