WTB: GoPro Hero 5/6 Black + gimbal

So I broke my feiyutech gimbal last season tomahawking at Schweitzer and am now looking for a replacement. Im not looking to go down the feiyutech road again due to durability reasons.

I also need to upgrade from the Hero 4 to something that can shoot 1080 at 120fps, so the hero 5 or 6 black would be perfect.

If anyone happens to be selling either of those cameras let me know, an added bonus would be a Karma Gimbal or a Karma Drone package. For the camera, depending on the model, Im looking to spend no higher than $150. For the gimbal package I would spend $200, drone package around $400? Those are approximate prices based off of what eBay is like right now.

So if youve got a new camera coming for christmas, hook me up. If you need money to buy a special someone something new, let me know.

obrigado.

Just get a GoPro 7. The stabilizer is better than a gimbal. $250 on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

WTB: GoPro Hero 5/6 Black + gimbal

I have a 7 I would sell for $250

Bought it when I needed to shoot stabilized video plus audio which you can’t do on the karma gimbal due to the noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I have a 7 I would sell for $250

Bought it when I needed to shoot stabilized video plus audio which you can’t do on the karma gimbal due to the noise.
    is the stabilized video from gopro 7 really that much better. Is it a 7 black? What are some of the specs for what it can shoot at?

The 7 does some crazy digital stabilization I would go that route if I were you.

You can use Hypersmooth in all of the resolutions (720, 1080, 4K) up to 60 FPS as long as you’re in 16:9. Not available if you’re shooting 4:3.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    You can use Hypersmooth in all of the resolutions (720, 1080, 4K) up to 60 FPS as long as you’re in 16:9. Not available if you’re shooting 4:3.
    So no 120 fps with hyper smooth? That’s sort of a bummer for slowmo which the hyper smooth is perfect for.

In my experience you need less stabilization in slow mo cause the frame rate reduces the appearance of shake. Also,I think you can do normal stabilization at 120 but not hypersmooth.

Anyone have a karma gimbal they want to get rid of?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Anyone have a karma gimbal they want to get rid of?
    I would say check eBay. There are some relatively cheap karmas going right now.

Christmas Eve from Morocco bump. Who got a new GoPro for Christmas/Hanukkah?

Pm sent

I have a GoPro 6 Hero Black with extras for sale. I PM'd.

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    Pm sent
    Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    I have a GoPro 6 Hero Black with extras for sale. I PM'd.
    Will get back to ya. Still looking for a gimbal though. Or a hero 7 black since the stabilization is so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozzey View Post
    Will get back to ya. Still looking for a gimbal though. Or a hero 7 black since the stabilization is so good.
    Gimbal is still better than on board stabilization I understand. I haven't tried it.

This dude is selling a nice one:
    https://denver.craigslist.org/pho/d/...029292747.html

Have you considered 360 cameras? I grabbed myself brand new Rylo at $150 and there is no need for gimbal or any sort of stabilization. My only con is poor quality in low light conditions which is not that often when you film outdoors.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Robik View Post
    Have you considered 360 cameras? I grabbed myself brand new Rylo at $150 and there is no need for gimbal or any sort of stabilization. My only con is poor quality in low light conditions which is not that often when you film outdoors.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    I feel like it’s pretty common to run into lowlight ski days...especially in Washington. I also feel no need to deal with 360 footage, I don’t mind how normal videos shoot and being able to edit videos into movies, not just have 360 shots. I appreciate the idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Gimbal is still better than on board stabilization I understand. I haven't tried it.

This dude is selling a nice one:
    https://denver.craigslist.org/pho/d/...029292747.html
    Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    Pm sent
    I’m searching for a karma GoPro package on eBay and CL. It looks like I can get a hero 5 black with karma for around $250. I’ve had a feiyutech before and it broke after a tomahawk crash, which is fair enough, but I am not eager to buy another. They seem sort of flimsy.

The gimbal is dope. PITA to carry around, but otherwise best results. Nothing beats the fast/accurate gimbal panning from ski chesty shots or handheld. You just can't get that with the image stabilization. And no, it does not make background noise like the others.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    The gimbal is dope. PITA to carry around, but otherwise best results. Nothing beats the fast/accurate gimbal panning from ski chesty shots or handheld. You just can't get that with the image stabilization. And no, it does not make background noise like the others.
    The one that is linked or a different model?

Quote Originally Posted by Cozzey View Post
    The one that is linked or a different model?
    The GoPro Karma. Like I said, it is a PITA to carry skiing, but for filming others skiing or if you don't mind a setup with the extension cord-to-backpack combo, then the Karma gets the best result. If chest, get the stuntman chesty. The extension cord goes nicely to a pant pocket or backpack.
    But it is stuck on your chest, so don't crash!

You have probably seen the videos on youtube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJbk3CPrOF8

It really works that well. Not just anti-shake but it adjusts to every core body movement to maintain the composure.

But ... it is a PITA to carry on a chesty and bulky compared to on board stabilization.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

I have a 5 and karma grip with extension I’d be willing to part with. I’m in Europe though, but PM me if interested.