Fritschi Tecton refusing to release some boots?

I just mounted up some Tectons, and they're absolutely refusing to let my Dalbello Lupo Pro HDs release laterally. It seems like the rubber boot sole is binding on the step in guides when the toe carriage reaches the end of it's lateral travel, and the toe wings are prevented from opening. Both directions of release are no worky with this boot. Anyone see this before, and if so, is there any way to resolve the issue? I grabbed another boot without a rubber sole and it released no problem because the sole doesn't contact the step in guides. Last-Gen Scarpa Maestrale RS releases one direction but not the other due to the same issue.

Fritschi says the Lupo Series is compatible, and I'll be super disappointed if that turns out to not be the case.

Last edited by MegaStoke; 12-07-2019 at 12:05 PM.

Have you tried to adjust the pin length (if it is not set at the correct width) and/or trimmed the sole a bit? If the latter is all that is needed it should be a very easy fix (even if it arguably shouldn't be necessary in the first place - oh well, all is well that ends well and soles doe have a bit of variation).

Impressed that you actually checked this prior to riding - well done on being vigilant

^^^ what kid said, pin adjustment plus possible sole trimming.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

what’s the protocol for the pin width adjustment look like? I’m envisioning having the boot in the binding and backing the pin off until there’s play and then back in a smidge?

That's pretty much it yes.

To be fair, in this case the sole seems to be the culprit, so I would perhaps start there. Trimming it to 45 degrees instead of 90 will make up for just about 0% difference when walking, but could be enough to have the bindings perform as advertised.

I’ve had no issues on my AX120 with vipec or tecton. I even walked out when I forgot to set to walk on deep day through trees. Walked right out classic

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)