Skiing Andorra - what can you tell me?

Hi

Considering a trip to Andorra, 28.12-04.01-ish.
    Not much info to be found here, but terrain looks good.
    Only thread with usable info is this https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...hlight=andorra

From what I gathered so far Arcalis has the best terrain, Pal has some decent tree-skiing. Grandvalira is huge, and also has some ok terrain.

Would like some suggestion for where to stay, where to ski etc. Touring is also an option for a day or two if the resorts are skied out.
    Going with the GF, priorities are 1) good terrain 2) smooth logistics 3) good restaurants 4) quality of accomodation.

Will fly into Barcelona, bus or shuttle to Andorra.

Thanks

It's a small place, so wherever you stay it will be close to skiing.

Mostly high rise places, don't expect a quaint place.

But skiing will be great

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Skiing Andorra - what can you tell me?

I spent a week in March working at GrandValira. Didn't visit the other resorts, and only got a look at small part of the resort. We were all surprised at how "big" the terrain was. If there's good snow coverage, there'll be plenty to ski. We stayed in Canillo at Hotel Roc Meler, nice place, but there was more going on in Soldeu and El Tarter. I expect it will all be busier over New Year's. Food on hill was great. Very easy transfer/bus from Barcelona airport.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2812.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	226.6 KB 
ID:	305375

Ok, so after actually checking available accomodation etc......No Androrra for New Years :-)

Anyhow; will probably try to visit Andorra later this season, so keep the beta coming

If you're still going to Barcelona, baqueira beret has awesome skiing, and they have a lot of snow.
    Just west of Andorra on the same crest.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Thanks.
    Trip will be postponed - but hopefully extended, later this year.

Andorra, Baqueira and Bareges all seem good.

Hey, I'm highjacking SF's thread.

I've just moved to Barcelona (from Seattle, just in time to miss the epic dump but also the epic cluster at Xtal) and we're going to head up to Andorra next weekend. Does anyone have perspective on where to stay - i.e. is it any trouble to get to the lifts (at either Vallnord or Granvalira) if we stay in La Vella? I reckon we'll hop on a bus rather than renting a car unless someone tells me that is a bad idea. Seems like the buses from Barcelona will just drop you off in La Vella - is it easy to get around from there?

Thanks for any help!