what else is like a black crows Daemon

I have had the 4frnt hojis for many years and love them. The loose feel, the way you can swtich on/off from carve to slarve and back, easy to ski, especial in bigger sizes.

Been looking for a similar feeling ski, in a skinnier version for a while. Looks like the Daemon is it. Done 4 days on them, variable terrain, and same feel, in a less power version.

Thinking its the rocker and the rocker matching the sidecut, plus lack of twintip, with a stiffer tail.

But anything else that you have been on ski similar to the Daemon?

I'd take a Corvus over the Daemon. Much more capable ski.

The mantra version before the M5. Low full rocker, just a bit burlier than the Daemon.

Quote Originally Posted by thecazdog View Post
    I'd take a Corvus over the Daemon. Much more capable ski.
    Um, thnaks, why do you think that? I really like the Daemon (explained why above) is the Corvus better for what I like?

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    The mantra version before the M5. Low full rocker, just a bit burlier than the Daemon.
    thanks, I'll have to hunt for a pair.

If you're looking for a narrower version of the hoji, why not the raven

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    If you're looking for a narrower version of the hoji, why not the raven
    tried it. Both first gen with stupid dual sidecut and newer version. They dont have the pivot-ability, slide around feel that the hoji does.

also skied
    zeroG105 (was thinking the big sidecut might be ok, very light)
    volkl explosive with tip rocker and cut tail (close, but still not the slide feel)

Dynafit Beast 98?

Talking

I have a pair of 2019 black Corvus 188. Have skied the OG Hoji and second gen EHP. Loved the 186 EHP. Permanent love for the crow ren.

Skied a couple laps on the daemon. It was fun. Fun enough I went and bought the Corvus without trying it. I think caz dog is referring to the Corvus being stiffer and bigger UF, which I think makes it a little more versatile in western resorts with soft snow ( given normal TGR bro parameters 🤘&#128515. That said The Corvus absolutely bombs groomed and variable and can def pull that immediate switch between carve and slash. Reminds me of the OG Cochise that way.

Try mine in Whitefish if you want. Mounted for 317 with pivots
    one step forward, no step backward

if anyone bought the 183 black crows and regrets it, message me please

we've got a 183 corvus for sale at our shop in Kicking Horse. Demos. Come with warden 13 but can knock down the price more without binding. Will confirm price tomorrow. Or call Selkirk Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    we've got a 183 corvus for sale at our shop in Kicking Horse. Demos. Come with warden 13 but can knock down the price more without binding. Will confirm price tomorrow. Or call Selkirk Sports.
    thanks, Think I"m after the deamon, but can you PM me the price, ski only?

what else is like a black crows Daemon

184 Praxis Piste Jib has the most similar feel in a narrow package to Hojis in my beater experience. Never skied a full rocker ski that narrow tho
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 12-19-2019 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    184 Praxis Piste Jib has the most similar feel in a narrow package to Hojis in my beater experience. Never skied a full rocker ski that narrow tho
    The Daemon is an amazing ski, esp for anything front side / resort. The only time I wasn't able to go flat out on them was on bullet proof ice, the sort only GS skis will do on. the moment a piste is even remotely soft they will carve like a true carver, you do have to trust your brain that even though its a full rocker ski it will carve.

When it comes to bases flat they aren't that bad, you just have to remember theres no camber. I've run them bases flat at 40-50mph without feeling anything too odd but they work better when you rock them edge to edge in long turns rather than letting them run out.

Where I fell in love with them was dealing with all the funny funky snow, moguls, bumps, dodging slow moving traffic etc. No other ski ive ever used has made skiing more fun.

I demo'd the 183 in Verbier and bought the 188 because well it was insanity cheap. I'm 6'4 and 220lbs with gear on and ski in plug boots and never found the 183 lacking.
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

Daemon Sizing Dilemma

Another boring sizing question that I already know the answer too....but there are other factors at play! Like playing a tiny, probably insignificant, role in preventing the complete monopolization of retail. Anyway, I'm 5'8", 185, aggressive, and am looking at the Daemon as a 50/50 ski out in scenic Spokane, WA. I know that I should probably grab the 183s (or maybe even go big with the 188s) but my local shop has a killer deal on a pair of 177s and I'd like to shop local. Tell me I'll be ok with the shorter ski and that a couple inches only really matters in other pursuits

you WONT be ok on 177. unless you ony ski tight trees.

banff (more alpine) 183 is OK for touring/trees

188 for daily alpine use

Bummer. But that's what I needed to hear. I'll be using them for pretty mellow day tours that always seem to include survival skiing back to the car on frozen forest service roads, quick laps up the local hill, and ripping around the mountain on low tide days. Next question - anybody got a line on some 183 Daemons? I may have already snapped up the 177's at the local shop before they shut down for the foreseeable future and left me without a spring touring ski.

unhelpfully, Black Crows is replacing the Daemon with a new ski called the Justice for next season, according to one of their (quite helpful) online chat reps anyway

Yeah, that guy seems a little heavy/burly/cambered for what I'm after. My daily driver in soft snow is actually the Nocta and for the time being at least I think I'm going to roll with the two-ski-reverse-camber-quiver.

anyone holding in the 188cm?

PM me

Evil E had a pair for sale last year that tempted me. Not sure if they sold- might be worth a shout.
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    anyone holding in the 188cm?

PM me
    Sent you PM on 188 Daemons

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums