International shipping of wine

Am I a fool to hope for a reasonable option for shipping some California wine to France? If not, what might be feasible?

Yes, there's no easy way to do it legally. Instead, tell the shipper that it's olive oil.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

California wine to France.

There could be no problems at all.

I can't wait for this. Yes, we actually do make some better wines.

Reverse importing, hilarious. It's come to this.

You are shipping nothing, repeat, nothing. Fragile, this end up.

Blueberry jam.

Check a case as luggage in a approved wine shipper. At least thats how we do it.
    Drink to remember not to forget!
    Fourisight Wines

If you’re traveling over I’m all about checking it in your bag. I’ve flown probably 100-200 bottles back internationally in checked bags and another 200+ domestically. Very feasible and very low causality rate. How much are you trying to take?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The objective is to ship a simple Xmas gift of 4 bottles to France, not travel there myself (already spent a month there this summer, draining all travel funds). And when it comes to causality, that's just right out. Back in the days when shipping domestically was a PITA for many states, I use to ship as a "liquid of unstated origin", but have been warned by all my local shippers that that won't fly when it comes to International, especially France. While France loves to ship out of their own country (every winery/wine shop we visited seem to have their own exporter's license and made it a breeze to ship), the idea of bringing wine in (especially the devil's piss from CA) was met with horrified shock, followed by requests to immediately vacate the premises. So even if you make it across the Atlantic, sounds like it will just get impounded (and consumed with relish, no doubt) at the port of entry.

Try finding a vendor in France?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Have some enquiries working in that direction but so far all export, no import.