Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tele 'til You're Smelly View Post
    I have wondered what the social psychology with these ads are, because they've been going on for decades, the car with the bow on top. They can't really expect many people both could and would do this- so maybe it's to generally fuel a "keeping up with the Jonses" feeling in viewers to buy cars?

I once overheard one side of a phone conversation, where the woman was literally screaming at the top of her lungs at her husband who bought a new car for the family without consulting her at all. Seemed like a normal reaction to me, I wonder if they are still married.
    I think they are tapping into the group of people who need a new car anyway and are giving them an additional reason, ie your spouse has been bitching at you for years about the shitbox they drive so here's your chance to not only shut them up but give them a reason to actually think the wait was worth it. Facebook post will go from "finally convinced so and so that we needed a new car" to "look what so and so got me for xmas! #marriagegoals" That and there are probably a few rich dicks out there willing to spring for a new ride because they have more money than creativity.

Where is my Epeleton?.

Rig it up to power my sous vide.
    watch out for snakes

Whoa, stupid commercials, and at Christmastime? Didn’t see that coming.

ha- just saw the commercial on the Lester Holt news
    it was certainly cringeworthy

and also let's just say irl things don't look so pretty when I get done with a peloton workout
    skid luxury

Growing up my dad would bring home new cars all the time, no one ever complained. It was never even close to Christmas though, so I’m sure Mom was pissed about the lack of a bow at least once.

Anyone know where you can find one of these ladies in the peloton ads? Going to see Santa next weekend and I’m gonna ask for a friend.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

Anyone know where you can find one of these ladies in the peloton ads? Going to see Santa next weekend and I’m gonna ask for a friend.
    I know where, but I'm pretty sure most of Stainless's cars have lower up front and maintenance costs.

Start lurking around yoga studios in Buckhead. If you don’t get arrested, you might have a chance.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

for your peloton sound track

Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    for your peloton sound track

Fuck yes De La Soul

Growing up my dad would bring home new cars all the time, no one ever complained. It was never even close to Christmas though, so I’m sure Mom was pissed about the lack of a bow at least once.

Most Whole Foods.

I actually had to Google "Peleton".

Then I realized I'd seen the ads, but found them so innocuous that I couldn't even remember the product name.

Aren't ads supposed to be memorable so you are triggered to buy the product when you see it in the stores?

PS
    I saw it on the CW running before and during Batwoman...pretty sure the demographic that Batwoman is targeted towards ain't in the salary bracket to afford a Peleton (or even be interested in purchasing one if they do happen to be in the salary bracket to afford one...but then I'm not an ad guy).
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    The zeal with which she attacks the Peloton clearly speaks to some deep, unfulfilled need somewhere in her life.  Here she is — young, beautiful, successful, with a child and financial security– and yet, something inside her is still so obviously and utterly broken that only an unhealthy fixation on indoor cycling can help mend it.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/12/pel...lease-help-her
    Can I just sniff the seat?

I don't watch TV, can someone link these damn peloton commercials pls

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    IIR, Jalopnik did an informal quiz on this, and nobody ever gave or received a car for Christmas, except somebody got a Yugo or some other POS. The bow alone cost ~$500. It was surmised that it's just car ads w/ a xmas theme.
    We gave our daughter her first car as a Christmas gift. But it was a salvage title V40 with hail damage and close to a quarter million miles on the clock.

Someone in our neighborhood got one. The logo-wrapped high bay Mercedes van was at their house two days in a row. Seems like a lot of time to drop off a bike & plug it in...

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    We gave our daughter her first car as a Christmas gift. But it was a salvage title V40 with hail damage and close to a quarter million miles on the clock.
    In other words the kind of first car a teenager should be driving.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Fuck yes De La Soul
    3 feet hi^5! and rising

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Start lurking around yoga studios in Buckhead. If you don’t get arrested, you might have a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Most Whole Foods.
    Let me rephrase. I’m surrounded by these ladies daily. I was looking to find an establishment that offers a solid trade-in policy. The one in the commercial is still in the beginning stages of peloton and yoga addiction it seems. And waaaay more eager to please.

I’ll PM Bobby S as a backup.

Cardio kingpins, subjugating the blaze
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    There's a commercial for that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    In other words the kind of first car a teenager should be driving.
    Yup! Perfect first car...

3 feet hi^5! and rising

Let me rephrase. I’m surrounded by these ladies daily. I was looking to find an establishment that offers a solid trade-in policy. The one in the commercial is still in the beginning stages of peloton and yoga addiction it seems. And waaaay more eager to please.

I’ll PM Bobby S as a backup.
    PhiMu at UGA should have some starter kits available, but I didn't see anything about removal/disposal of the old unit.

Bmills, so you're just looking to lease as opposed to owning?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I’ve never been a fan of leasing but in certain applications it may make sense.

if it floats, flies or fucks..

I like the current commercial where a woman in pretty good shape gets one and keeps working hard for a month with no noticeable change. I imagine her husband must have kept saying she has a fat ass.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !